First Baby Incentive at TMC

S

SCL

Hi All

Need all of your guidance and advice. I'm a first time mom and giving birth at TMC in Jan09. Not sure whether to take up the First Baby Incentive? Can anyone help because my gynae is not in the program itself and there are other incentives but need to pay a subscription of $148. Not sure whether this incentive is beneficial?

Has any first time mom taken up this FBI?

My Destiny

Oh, you should take it up! Its very worth it, for me anyway... You see, they offset $100 from your hospital room bill which very much pays for itself already. Also you are entitled to some discounts if you buy from the pharmacy and stores I think. Also if you bring your baby to the Paediatric Centre, you also have some discounts for the consultation as well as other ad hoc services. Also we had lower rates for attending the antenatal classes.

Its valid for 2 years and as I delivered my 2nd baby within the 2 years, I was entitled to deduct another $100 from my room bill again! We did not need to sign up for the Subsequent Born Incentive Program.

In fact, we gained more from the program then what we paid!

S

SCL

Hi

Thanks so much for your advice! Do we need to bring our bb to Paediatric Centre often......Is it for jabs and when bb is sick? What is Paediatric Centre for?

My Destiny

U need to bring yr baby for regular checkups and jabs within the first 12 to 18mths. The first checkup will be first week aft birth. You don't have to use their Paediatrician but I found it convenient so did everything under one roof. When u juz delivered u will need a Paediatrician there to check that the baby is healthy. Think some hospitals juz assign any Paediatrician for you den after that you can either go back to him or go others.

My babies' Paediatrician is Dr Keoy. He is not bad but always looks sleepy... ha ha.

Hi

then ur gynae must be one of the drs in WC Cheng Associates, same as me. i took up the FBI and also the Subsequent FBI. there was a promo before something like paid $98 with citibank card and during ur stay with tmc you deduct about 100 from ur room bill. Thus i took up, meaning the FBI was free....

January84

U need to bring yr baby for regular checkups and jabs within the first 12 to 18mths. The first checkup will be first week aft birth. You don't have to use their Paediatrician but I found it convenient so did everything under one roof. When u juz delivered u will need a Paediatrician there to check that the baby is healthy. Think some hospitals juz assign any Paediatrician for you den after that you can either go back to him or go others.

My babies' Paediatrician is Dr Keoy. He is not bad but always looks sleepy... ha ha.

Mine is Dr Keoy too, he reminds me of Sleepy in 7 dwarfs......
I took the jab package for my son, which includes all jabs from Hep A to Pnemococal. from 2nd month to 18 Months. I signed the package last year in Nov for $1550. But have to pay $40 for each consultations.

only the nurses are in a mess. They can mess your book with others or "accidentally" kept in the drawer where they placed the child's details file, or wrote appts in the book for records of current appt jab. *sighed*

Daniel88

Took up the FBI for my wife. Had 5% discounts for checks like the OSCAR and 20 weeks detailed scan. On top of that other incentives like insurance and also $100 off room.