Milk stain on baby lips

Hi my son is 2 weeks old and i am breastfeeding him ... i realised he have milk stains on his lips and it kind of harden .. no matter how i wipe with wet cotton ball.. it doesn't help..

Is it normal?
How do i get rid of the stain?

dolliepollie

hey.. me too.. my baby kinda go a whitish stain dried on his lips. wad ever wipes i use for the lip do seems to help at all... anyone have this problem too? how to remove??

uddermummy

that's not a milk stain. According to the pds, that's actually their suction pads, and it's there because because they suck at your breasts or at the bottle.

dont't try to remove it cos it's actually just dried skin. It's really harmless, and in fact, you'll prob be tearing off the skin if you do try to remove the 'white stain'.

My dear daughter used to have it and in fact, still does, once in a while.

And no, it's not because they are heaty, or your milk is lousy etc... :p

chiro

dolliepollie..change ur ticker lei..how old is ur baby now?

hey.. me too.. my baby kinda go a whitish stain dried on his lips. what ever wipes i use for the lip do seems to help at all... anyone have this problem too? how to remove??

jasobias

Hi my son is 2 weeks old and i am breastfeeding him ... i realised he have milk stains on his lips and it kind of harden .. no matter how i wipe with wet cotton ball.. it doesn't help..

Is it normal?
How do i get rid of the stain?
y baby is almost 5 weeks old n has tht too.Its dried skin.I just wet her lip more often.Nothing much we can do abt it for now

mummysvenus

that's not a milk stain. According to the pds, that's actually their suction pads, and it's there because because they suck at your breasts or at the bottle.

dont't try to remove it cos it's actually just dried skin. It's really harmless, and in fact, you'll prob be tearing off the skin if you do try to remove the 'white stain'.

My dear daughter used to have it and in fact, still does, once in a while.
And I even believed in the dry lips during pregnancy gender superstition lol!

And no, it's not because they are heaty, or your milk is lousy etc... :p
What a great response! Many moms make mistakes when they try to remove it, but it is just dried skin.
It is completely harmless and I would not worry about it at all if I were a mommy again.