Foundation stains on your collar should not ruin your day, here are uh-may-zing hacks for your wardrobe mishaps:
1. Fix foundation stains with a little bit of shaving cream. If you take off your shirt and accidentally smudge your makeup on the collar, just wipe a dollop of shaving cream on the spot to pretreat it before tossing it in the wash.
2. Spray a small amount of vodka on your clothes to eliminate strong odors. If you dont't have time to wash a shirt before wearing it again but it has a strong, lingering smell, just spray on some vodka and let it dry. The alcohol kills odor-causing bacteria.
3. Erase unsightly armpit stains with lemon juice or baking soda. Scrub out the stains with a mixture of lemon juice and water. For tough armpit stains, try rubbing a paste of baking soda and water on the stain, letting it sit for a few minutes, and then rinsing it off before throwing it in the wash.
4. Use hairspray to remove a lipstick stain. Spray the fabric (make sure it's not dry-clean only) with hairspray, and let it sit for a few minutes. Dab the stain, and then toss it in the washer. This may not work with newer hairspray formulas that dont't have much alcohol in them, so check the label before you spray.
5. Clean stubborn dirt off suede shoes with a nail file. Just buff it right out.
6. Tighten your sunglasses with a dab of clear nail polish. If the arm of your sunglasses is a bit loose and you dont't have a tiny screwdriver handy, paint a small bit of polish over the hinge to temporarily tighten it.
7. Fix a scuff on a patent leather shoe with a cotton swab and some petroleum jelly.
8. Paint clear nail polish over a loose button thread to temporarily stop it from unraveling.
9. Use Dawn Dishwashing Liquid to lift oil stains from delicate clothing. The dish soap will remove oil or grease and is also gentle enough to use on clothes.
10. Scrub off water stains on leather boots with a soft toothbrush and vinegar. If your boots are ruined from water, snow, salt, or all of the above, dip a soft-bristled toothbrush in white vinegar and gently rub to remove the stain.
11. Fix a stuck zipper with a cotton swab and petroleum jelly.
12. Stop a run in your tights with clear nail polish.
13. Fix underwire that's poking out of your bra with a patch of adhesive moleskin.
14. Mend dull or scratched leather shoes with moisturizer. If you dont't have shoe polish (Who does?), grab a towel and rub your shoes with a bit of lotion to bring them back to life.
15. Remove deodorant marks with the foam cover of a dry clean hanger. Rubbing the spot with a pair of light-wash jeans works well too (the dye from dark jeans might transfer onto the fabric).
16. Remove red wine stains with white wine. Soak the spot in white wine for a few minutes to pretreat the stain before washing.
What about you, Mums? What hacks or tricks do you have to fix your ruined clothes? SHARE it with us!