Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Chinese name?

This is a discussion on Chinese name? within the Year 2014 Mummy forum, part of the Mummy Meeting Place category; Hi! I'm a Singaporean Chinese living abroad. My baby will be born abroad and I intend to apply for Singapore ...

Female Attendant
    Chinese name?

I'm a Singaporean Chinese living abroad. My baby will be born abroad and I intend to apply for Singapore citizenship for my baby.

Does anyone know if it is possible to include Chinese character name in the application even if it is not present in foreign birth certificate?

And anyone with White-Chinese mixed babies? Do your babies have Chinese character name? If yes, do your babies follow your surname/no surname/husband's surname translated?

Worthy Lady
    Pasir Ris
    Hi lonka, I do not have a baby that is white chinese mix. But I do have cousins who are inter - racially mixed.

From what I know so long as you bring your child, your original marraige certificate, your original foreign registered birth certificate, original travel documents to ICA. Your should be able to register for a sg bc .

As for registering with Chinese writings in the bc.So long as one of the parents are Chinese it can be included in the bc.
    The Chinese surname does not have to follow your surname. Or your hubby's surname translated in chinese.

Your can have something meaningful and inspiring, so long as the name does not have an offending meaning to others. But most people will use their mom' actual chinese surname to give the child a actual "identity link" to the child's partial chinese roots.

You can double-check on ica's official website: www.ica.gov.sg for more details. ☺