Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Page 17 of 70 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 67 ... LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

EDD Mar 2014

This is a discussion on EDD Mar 2014 within the Year 2014 Mummy forum, part of the Mummy Meeting Place category; Originally Posted by allie Rachie82: Enjoy Europe! Which part will you be traveling to? So exciting! All that shopping!!! so ...

Worthy Lady

Re: EDD Mar 2014

Quote Originally Posted by allie View Post
    Rachie82: Enjoy Europe! Which part will you be traveling to? So exciting! All that shopping!!! so much cheaper to buy luxury goods and baby stuff there. I was in London, Manchester and Munich earlier this year. Glad I did that trip before getting pregnant.

Jadeite: I did Taipei with my family 3 years back. It depends on whether you enjoy the Taiwanese culture and food. I didn't take a liking to the food though. My husband on the other hand, likes Taipei. But i'm sure you will enjoy the trip nonetheless. just relax and enjoy the vacation before you embark on your mummy duties.

I used to go to HK yearly for shopping. Stopped doing that 3 years ago. Spent more time traveling in the you.S, Europe and Korea during these times. I'm looking forward to the good food in HK. Really missed that!
    allie : me going to Italy, france and Switzerland...

Worthy Lady

just gotten back my Oscar test result yesterday.. happy with the result . trisomy 21 = 1:11000 , trisomy 18 = 1:26944 ,trisomy 13= 1:84504

tpy
    Worthy Lady

Hi rachie82 you gng by tour gp?
    my result was 1:12334, 1:34373 and 1: 28458 forgot to ask about the adjusted risk shall see my gyne this friday to ask hehe

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by tpy View Post
    my result was 1:12334, 1:34373 and 1: 28458 forgot to ask about the adjusted risk shall see my gyne this friday to ask hehe
    I believe this is ya adjusted risk result =)

Yeah going by grp tour, hope i gt time to rest rest

tpy
    Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by rachie82 View Post
    I believe this is ya adjusted risk result =)

Yeah going by grp tour, hope i gt time to rest rest
    oh i mean a summary ratio of the above...

you gng by which agency?

Worthy Lady

oh i mean a summary ratio of the above...

you gng by which agency?
    Asa travel

Female Attendant

I finally got my result back.
    but it says for all 3 risk is 1: 11000
    Hw cum all of you have such diff numbers @,@
    jo1402 likes this.

Female Attendant

Quote Originally Posted by jadeite View Post
    Sigh really miss Europe! Went to Spain last year and we were planning to do Italy this year but then got pregnant haha. I'm teaching so can only travel in dec.. Some more I'm the kind that loves to walk a lot and do a lot of things on holiday... Especially in Europe. dont't think I have the energy to do all that at 6 months preggy. Now is the best time to travel but got work ): enjoy your trip rachie!!

Allie I love HK! But been there twice in the last two years so we decided to try Taipei this year. I heard ppl who like HK won't like Taipei and vice versa though :x so I hope I enjoy my Taipei trip. Haha. Anyone has recommendations for things to do there?
    I love both taipei n hongkong!
    Taipei if you have just short trips.go for e night markets.esp shilin which is very big n theres a very popular one near e university..lots to eat there.other than that the taipei 101 n theit theme cafes. Lile hello kitty cafe.cars cafe.toilet cafe etc
    Ximending is a must go.
    Wu fen pu is their wholesaler . beta chk online.there is a day that they close for just wholesaler to buy.tink mon.
    Hope these helps

Worthy Lady

hey! my EDD is 8 March.
    Currently drinking Enfamama, thought of changing to NAN Mom & Me. Any suggestions?
    Anyone of us are considering not to BF?

tpy
    Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by chocolicious View Post
    I finally got my result back.
    but it says for all 3 risk is 1: 11000
    Hw cum all of you have such diff numbers @,@
    i forgot to ask the nurse over the phone on my summary figure and will asked when i meet my gyne on this friday.

tpy
    Worthy Lady

Hi Maviss i cannot tahan the taste of enfamama lol...Mom & Me is better. Currently i am drinking dumex and taste fine for me. was thinking to buy breast pump during the upcoming baby fairs but i am not sure if i have sufficient breastmilk to even pump out the milk or will tahan bf for 1 yr or not...thinking to get sec hand pumps or borrow from friends.

Worthy Lady
    I actually have a friend wanted to lend me ... but after considering ... what if I use 1/2way the motor spoil or something? then I still have to buy new one return? So decided to grab the good offers in the Baby Market. I also was worried that my milk not enuff ... but with the $$ invested .. wilk make sure I persevere. Serve as a form of motivation.

Quote Originally Posted by tpy:829120
    Hi Maviss i cannot tahan the taste of enfamama lol...Mom & Me is better. Currently i am drinking dumex and taste fine for me. was thinking to buy breast pump during the upcoming baby fairs but i am not sure if i have sufficient breastmilk to even pump out the milk or will tahan bf for 1 yr or not...thinking to get sec hand pumps or borrow from friends.

tpy
    Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by juzforyingxi View Post
    I actually have a friend wanted to lend me ... but after considering ... what if I use 1/2way the motor spoil or something? then I still have to buy new one return? So decided to grab the good offers in the Baby Market. I also was worried that my milk not enuff ... but with the $$ invested .. wilk make sure I persevere. Serve as a form of motivation.
    oh my friend told me can go and service the breast pump before we use, they can help to clean the milk stuck inside too. She was telling me the svc fee was quite cheap like 80 dollars.
    Baby mkt Medela electronic breast pump usual price was 799 and offer price will be 599. Not sure which r other good breast pumps other than medela.
    Last edited by tpy; 25-09-2013 at 03:24 PM.

Worthy Lady
    I tink good or not really depends on individual. The baby market's deal for swing maxi is really too good to miss. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by tpy:829166
    oh my friend told me can go and service the breast pump before we use, they can help to clean the milk stuck inside too. She was telling me the svc fee was quite cheap like 80 dollars.
    Baby mkt Medela electronic breast pump usual price was 799 and offer price will be 599. Not sure which r other good breast pumps other than medela.

Worthy Lady

i see! i just got the samples from NAN! very impressed! they send me the whole tin!
    i see i see!! i think borrow better unless you intend to have many kids then buy more worth it. hahaha! (:

Worthy Lady

wah!! if im like you got strong motivation, will be good. but i dont think i will be able to make it )):

Female Attendant

i forgot to ask the nurse over the phone on my summary figure and will asked when i meet my gyne on this friday.
    Cool.post it once you gt it! ^.'
    tpy likes this.

Worthy Lady

the summary figures different for everyone cuz the ratio is dependent on the baby's development... everyone will have different figures. it merely represents how likely your child is to have certain problems I think... so the higher the second number, the safer your baby is.

choco thanks for the taipei info!! will definitely check it out

I got two sample packs of similac mum when I went to the gynae, their promoter was wandering around the clinic giving out samples and things. my friend says she drank before and it tastes terrible :x so I dont't think I will drink any of the powdered milk... too used to the taste of fresh milk already even though I grew up on dumex powdered milk haha. anyway doc told me that as long as you're taking the pregnancy supplements with folic acid and all, fresh milk is good enough.

I'm also aiming for the Medela Swing Maxi...I dont't have any friends who have pumps willing to pass or sell to me... most of them are planning to have #2 or still using their pumps for #1.. and I am reluctant to buy from people that I dont't know. heard the swing is better than freestyle as freestyle has low suction power.

I was also told not to buy car seat second hand because you never know if the car seat has been in accident before and the safety could be compromised... so will be looking for a car seat at baby market too hopefully maxi cosi or cybex, to fit onto my gelite stroller...

Worthy Lady

wow seems like you mummies really plan far ahead. already jot down what to buy etc... I hasn't even clear the room meant for baby.
    we have a spare room and my hubby had been treating it as his own personal storage place and it's really really pack with all his collections. without a clear room i seriously dont't know what to buy, cos dont't have place to keep. (hubby used the entire storeroom also!!).

BTW just curious, is it a must to drink milk? cos so far i tried a few brand of fresh milk, UHT milk, but I can't seems to stand any of it. so now i've been drinking soya milk. mainly drink milk is for the calcium intake right? soya milk also have calcium ?? any issue i have with soya milk is, also cannot drink too much, cos scare later have excess uric acid also not good. I'm really quite afraid of milk, cos i'm also a little lactose intolerant.

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by LH779 View Post
    wow seems like you mummies really plan far ahead. already jot down what to buy etc... I hasn't even clear the room meant for baby.
    we have a spare room and my hubby had been treating it as his own personal storage place and it's really really pack with all his collections. without a clear room i seriously dont't know what to buy, cos dont't have place to keep. (hubby used the entire storeroom also!!).

BTW just curious, is it a must to drink milk? cos so far i tried a few brand of fresh milk, UHT milk, but I can't seems to stand any of it. so now i've been drinking soya milk. mainly drink milk is for the calcium intake right? soya milk also have calcium ?? any issue i have with soya milk is, also cannot drink too much, cos scare later have excess uric acid also not good. I'm really quite afraid of milk, cos i'm also a little lactose intolerant.
    my doc didnt say its a must to drink because he got provide calcium pills as well, so maybe you dont have to drink it everyday or you can tell your doc about it maybe can increase the dosage for your calcium pills.

Worthy Lady

LH you can take calcium pills instead?

yeah we are trying to get some stuff now cuz we wanna see what 2nd hand stuff we can get first that we won't need to buy. so far got a lot of baby clothes, newborn diapers, stroller. just put in my master bedroom first... it's messy but no choice until we clear out the baby room haha! plus with the baby market and good prices coming up, wanna see what we can get there to save $$. babies are really expensive -_-" so must take stock of the 2nd hand stuff so that we dont't have to spend too much $$.

especially for things like newborn clothes, they grow out of them so quickly so it's a bit of a waste of money to buy. some more friends and relatives will give a lot of presents, so really no need except for maybe one or two really nice pieces for special occasions like 1 month party, baptism, temple blessing etc

tpy
    Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by jadeite View Post
    LH you can take calcium pills instead?

yeah we are trying to get some stuff now cuz we wanna see what 2nd hand stuff we can get first that we won't need to buy. so far got a lot of baby clothes, newborn diapers, stroller. just put in my master bedroom first... it's messy but no choice until we clear out the baby room haha! plus with the baby market and good prices coming up, wanna see what we can get there to save $$. babies are really expensive -_-" so must take stock of the 2nd hand stuff so that we dont't have to spend too
    much $$.

especially for things like newborn clothes, they grow out of them so quickly so it's a bit of a waste of money to buy. some more friends and relatives will give a lot of presents, so really no need except for maybe one or two really nice pieces for special occasions like 1 month party, baptism, temple blessing etc

wow you already have lots of baby clothes and diapers...i only have a 2nd hand stroller so far.

tpy
    Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by LH779 View Post

in d past i have always thought is fine to take soya pdts like soya bean drink and beancurd until lately my friend who has just gave birth told me that her body and the baby have a lot of "Feng" in their bodies. Her massage lady asked her is it during pregnancy that she took beancurd or soya milk drink frequently which she did. During the massage she felt real pain and her baby tend to have freq hipcups.

Worthy Lady

in d past i have always thought is fine to take soya pdts like soya bean drink and beancurd until lately my friend who has just gave birth told me that her body and the baby have a lot of "Feng" in their bodies. Her massage lady asked her is it during pregnancy that she took beancurd or soya milk drink frequently which she did. During the massage she felt real pain and her baby tend to have freq hipcups.
    I also heard drink too much soyabean drink will cause baby to have frequent cough and lotsa phlegm...so i guess keyword is moderation

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by lltan View Post
    I also heard drink too much soyabean drink will cause baby to have frequent cough and lotsa phlegm...so i guess keyword is moderation
    OMG i've been drinking soyabean drink every morning for like 2 weeks!!! guess I probably have to stop and drink only like once every 1-2 weeks

hmmm i'm drinking the Anlene Chocolate milk now. hope I can take it, then it will solve my problem of calcium intake.

yah, can take calcium supp, but somehow obtaining what you need from 'nature source' is usually better. so giving milk some more chance until my next visit to the doc.