Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Group keyboard lessons for toddlers

This is a discussion on Group keyboard lessons for toddlers within the Music, Singing and Dancing forum, part of the Enrichment Discussion - Kiasu Parents category; Course Syllabus Key board playing: • Basics in rhythm, pitch, tempo and tunes on Keyboard • Note recognition • Music ...

Female Attendant
    Thumbs up Group keyboard lessons for toddlers

Course Syllabus

Key board playing:
    • Basics in rhythm, pitch, tempo and tunes on Keyboard
    • Note recognition
    • Music Appreciation
    • Customized for children aged 4-7

Course Objectives:
    • To explore the fascinating world of music through fun and play
    • To develop social skills and self esteem through group interaction
    • To encourage musicianship, music appreciation and strong foundation
    • To stand out and be heard

Lessons are conducted every week for 45 mins.

6 Lincoln Road, #07-11 Park Infinia Singapore 308345
    * The school will be relocating to its new premises in Dec 2011 at Binjai Park, Dunearn Road

For enquiry: Please call/text to HP:8328 3714
    Email: jollypride@ymail.com
    Last edited by jollypride; 21-05-2011 at 04:06 PM.

Female Attendant
    Thumbs up Re: Group keyboard lessons for toddlers

Composer. Educator. Performer.

At the tender age of 7, John began his musical journey, performing his first recital at the then Victoria Memorial Hall, Singapore. He completed his Grade 8 Associated Board of the Royal School of Music (ABRSM) Examinations in both Piano and Theory by 15. At the turn of the 21st century, he made his mark in the local scene when he performed for then Prime Minister Goh Chok Tong. It was an instant success which led to another invitation to perform for then Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew where he played his original composition Four Seasons, accompanied by the Singapore Symphony Orchestra (SSO). Over the years, he has performed widely in Singapore, as well as Mexico, USA, Hong Kong and Vietnam.

In 2007, he founded John Monteiro International Music School which focuses on grooming students to perform in front of a live audience. Instruments taught include piano/keyboard, vocals, guitar and violin. Students represent a rich assortment of cultures from the four corners of the world, including students from far away countries like Mongolia, Israel, Iran and Finland. John organises children specific charities to increase social awareness. To date, he has raised S$115,000 for children specific charities, including Make-A-Wish Foundation International, Singapore's Pertapis Children's Home and Switzerland-based Pistorio Foundation. He is also actively involved in parent voluntary events in ACS Junior's Music Department.

John teaches the ABRSM examinations and also specializes in teaching music composition. He says “Every time a child masters a new song, the sense of achievement is priceless... makes teaching fun and joyful”. He also conducts extensive workshops and programs for young children specifically aged 4-6 in the areas of “Music Appreciation”, “Composing at a Young Age” and “Public Performing in 12 months”.
    He currently is in the list of recommended music teachers in the Singapore American School, and conducts group keyboard lessons at the Stanford American International School.

John has been performing for 32 years and teaching for 19 years. He comes from a family of well- known musicians including Jeremy and Claressa Monteiro, and has worked with local celebrities including Gurmit Singh and Vanetta Lopez. His late father was Emeritus Professor Ernest Steven Monteiro, Singapore's ambassador to the USA, Cambodia and Brazil.

John is 38, enjoys a good wine and plays bad golf.

Female Attendant
    Re: Group keyboard lessons for toddlers

“John, thank you for instilling confidence in Kenneth and for your patience and passion to teach music in such a fun way. We thank you for your continued encouragement”
    Roy and Grace Young, Singapore's former National Bowling Champion S.E.A. Gold Medalist

“I have been learning piano from John for the past 3 years. I think he is very talented and he is enthusiastic about my piano and has confidence in me. I hope to continue studying with him over the years.”
    Ong Peng Kai, Age 13, ACS Secondary School

“Piano has changed the energy in our home. The kids slow down and enjoy the wonderful world of music. Your patience has kept them playing and wanting more. As long as we are in Singapore, Bronson, Avery, Nathaniel, Cherry and Riley will remain one of the lucky ones.....”
    William and Jamie Amelio President and CEO, Lenovo Group CEO, Caring for Cambodia

“A year ago, my 7 year old son, Noah was keen to begin piano lessons. I hired a teacher but Noah lost all interest quickly. Luckily, a friend recommended John!
    John is an excellent teacher: fun, motivational and patient. I'm so grateful he came to us in time to help Noah”
    Annemarie Edwards Home maker

“One and a half years ago, John started to teach our daughters. Since then, he has successfully guided my eldest through her ABRSM grade 4 practical exam, as well as her grade 5 theory exam. John is a kind and patient teacher with whom my children are comfortable. He came highly recommended to our household and we are lucky to have him”
    Christopher and Andrea McKey CEO, Goldman Sachs Commodities Children: Vita, Age 10, Kira, Age 7, Romy, Age 4