Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Which piano to buy???

This is a discussion on Which piano to buy??? within the Music, Singing and Dancing forum, part of the Enrichment Discussion - Kiasu Parents category; Was informed by the sch today that dear daughter's group class will progress to individual lessons from Jul... sian half... have ...

Re: Which piano to buy???

Was informed by the sch today that dear daughter's group class will progress to individual lessons from Jul... sian half... have to start arranging for scheduled slots... and plan to get the standing piano... hmmm....

Consort-in-Ordinary

Daddy D, try to get 1 that is at least 120cm tall, otherwise known as exam model . The sound is better.

Quote Originally Posted by camom View Post
    Daddy D, try to get 1 that is at least 120cm tall, otherwise known as exam model . The sound is better.
    hmmm... not all same height one ahh??? chimmm....
    isit one of the models listed in the earlier post?
    dont tell me it's the $8K one horrr... a bit over lahh... spend so much $$ on a "toy" for dear daughter... *faint*

Consort-in-Ordinary

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy D View Post
    hmmm... not all same height one ahh??? chimmm....
    isit one of the models listed in the earlier post?
    dont tell me it's the $8K one horrr... a bit over lahh... spend so much $$ on a "toy" for dear daughter... *faint*
    Nope, not all same height, the taller the piano, the better the sound. The 8K one is 121cm. the $10K one is 131cm if I didn't remember wrongly.

The higher the piano, the clearer the bass sound. If you do not mind spending abit more for a better quality sound. Yamaha UE series is a good buy.

Oh yes... in case you need a piano tuner, you can look for me too.

if my girl starts learning at 3yo when is the suitable age of buying a piano?
    its ok to buy a 2nd cheap one at 1st right

Female Attendant

my 6 yo kid been learning piano thru keyboard for 2 years. was told that she need to go for exam in next july. was recommed by the teacher to get her a exam piano, either yamaha u1 and above and kawai brand.

I was quoted 4200 for a 30 year old U3, dont know the market price. anyone can advise if this pricing ok? it come with 5 years warranty and free delivery. also went to chritofori warehouse. found that their brand christofori and pearl river price are very good. almost half the price of yahama. if these two brand good?

thanks

Consort-in-Ordinary

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin Daddy View Post
    my 6 yo kid been learning piano thru keyboard for 2 years. was told that she need to go for exam in next july. was recommed by the teacher to get her a exam piano, either yamaha u1 and above and kawai brand.

I was quoted 4200 for a 30 year old U3, dont know the market price. anyone can advise if this pricing ok? it come with 5 years warranty and free delivery. also went to chritofori warehouse. found that their brand christofori and pearl river price are very good. almost half the price of yahama. if these two brand good?

thanks
    dont't buy Pearl River. It's not a very good piano.

Female Attendant

dont't buy Pearl River. It's not a very good piano.
    how about christofori paino?

Consort-in-Ordinary

I am not familiar with Cristofori pianos. My suggestion is to find someone who knows pianos to go with you for selection.

thanks
    30 year old piano still worth $4200?????

I think 30 year old car also dont worth that much....

Well..for those who intend to buy second hand yamaha piano..check out their website to determine the age of the piano and which country too.

Find the Age of Your Yamaha Piano

Good luck.

Female Attendant

i still consider . hmm... any one know where can get a kawai k3 used piano? new one selling at 7980. after surfing the net, it seem that u1 offer a 'sharper' sound than kawai.

so its advised to let kids play on keyboard when they just started to learn?

Quote Originally Posted by shiyi View Post
    Less investment bahh... unless you already have piano.
    that day my dear daughter use her little toy piano... also can play same music as her keyboard... so cute

Worthy Lady

thanks
    I've heard that the resale value of U1 and U3 is always pretty high....ever saw someone putting a 10 year U1 for sale at 4,800. 30 years seems really old...Safer to get someone experienced to go with you to assess the condition of the piano...

Female Attendant

Quote Originally Posted by mumsietay View Post
    I've heard that the resale value of U1 and U3 is always pretty high....ever saw someone putting a 10 year U1 for sale at 4,800. 30 years seems really old...Safer to get someone experienced to go with you to assess the condition of the piano...
    after consideration with my wife, likely to get a lower cost one , maybe a second hand which cost 2-3 k one as my kid interest might change after some year.might look at cristofori range which could last for 3 to 5 year. think by than, my kid should be able to tell whether she like to carry on or not?

Consort-in-Ordinary

Quote Originally Posted by shiyi View Post

Depends on what age you start too.. If start very young, then the child's fingers might not be strong enough to hit the piano keys. If already big, then can start on piano straightaway. But the feel is very different for keyboard n piano.

Depends on what age you start too.. If start very young, then the child's fingers might not be strong enough to hit the piano keys. If already big, then can start on piano straightaway. But the feel is very different for keyboard n piano.
    yup the feel is very diff. thats y i think if let her play on keyboard 1st when the piano comes she not used to it how

Worthy Lady

yup, have to be very careful when buying 2nd hand piano..my cousin bought one but end up have to get a new one again. That's why i consider quite long over 2nd hand and new one and finally i bought the new one. For beginner, it shld be ok to use digital piano..my son use the Kawai digital piano till grade 5 then i change it. The touch is good so when he go for exam not so much diff.
    Last edited by pokemon97; 07-05-2010 at 01:03 PM.

Worthy Lady

I'm quite keen on the U1J (made in Jakarta) cos the U1 is far too expensive . But i read in another forum that; the U1J is not very good cos tuning problems or something like that. Anyone bought the U1J and have any feedback on it? I'm also looking at the JX113T which is much cheapter than U1J but wondering if it will be good to use up to grade 8. Anyone got any feedback on these 2 models?

Anyone checked out Cristofori Warehouse Sale before?
    Saw their brochure.... sales in May... I think it's mostly 2nd-hand pianos... at Blk 3014 Bedok Ind. Park E #02-2148.... but the models/brands all seems foreign to me.

Worthy Lady

Anyone bought Hailun HL125? It's made in China and there's pretty good reviews on it on Pianoworld forum. It is so much cheaper at $3,600 thereabout. The shop will also take it back at 50% if we sell it back within 5 years. Please do share if you have this piano.....

Female Attendant

Hi, did anyone buy HaiLun 125? Any comment? Please let me know. I am also considering one.

Imperial Concubine

Anyone bought Hailun HL125? It's made in China and there's pretty good reviews on it on Pianoworld forum. It is so much cheaper at $3,600 thereabout. The shop will also take it back at 50% if we sell it back within 5 years. Please do share if you have this piano.....
    wow, after 5 yrs still got buy back at 50%, can share name of the shop? ths.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast