bump up the post!
This is a discussion on HCJC Graduate Offering JC Math/Chem/Econ & OLVL Math/POA Tuition within the Looking for tutor (Primary/Secondary/JC) and any other subject forum, part of the Singapore Kiasu Parents Forum category; Hi, I am a graduate from Hwa Chong Junior College (HCJC) and I am looking to offer tuition for genuinely ...
I am a graduate from Hwa Chong Junior College (HCJC) and I am looking to offer tuition for genuinely interested tutees who want their grades to improve.
A Levels: H1/H2 Chem, H1/H2 Maths, H1/H2 Econs
Secondary School: A Maths, E Maths, POA
Besides receiving comfortable A grades for all of these subjects in the 2011 A Levels, I am also a consistent scorer in HCJC which questions are much harder than the A Levels syllabus. As such, I am very familiar with the A-Level syllabus and its requirements for these subjects. I have also received Gold award in the prestigious Math Olympiad competition, which should be demonstrating of my academic abilities.
As someone who has been through the A-Levels personally and recently, I am more in touch with the content and syllabus than say a NUS/NIE graduate who last received an A for the subjects 10 years ago. It should also be noted that the syllabus has been increasing in its difficulty level over the years, therefore knowledge sufficient to obtain a distinction 10 years ago may not necessarily be sufficient to obtain a distinction today. Also, I have been providing tuition for the past 1.5 years and my tutees have seen their grades improve drastically. Therefore I am neither lacking in syllabus familarity nor field experience and I am confident to say my tuition can be as effective if not better than any current school teacher.
General Lesson Outline
I will be focusing on the following aspects:
- Summary of each topic
- Concepts Layout (Recognition of the various concepts taught in each topic)
- Application of concepts in different scenarios (The O and A-Level questions in recent years have been following the trend of requiring application skills which are contrasting to text-book material and content, this is one reason why students are unable to complete certain questions during the exam).
- HCJC Lecture Notes (for reference)
- HCJC Tutorial Questions (for reference)
- Hand-picked Questions (relevant to each concept/topic to demonstrate the different scenarios requiring application)
- Additional Resources (Prelim Papers and Answers from all schools 2008-2011, HCJC Lecture Tests/Block Tests, A Level Past Year Papers and Detailed Answers, Summarized Notes for Specific Topics, Recommended Materials)
Aside from the tuition sessions, I am also able to provide a certain amount of after-tuition service such as helping with homework questions. Questions can be sent via MMS or WhatsApp and I will reply as soon as possible. This can help to save time during the tuition sessions so more time can be allocated towards clarification and mastering the concepts for each topic and subject.
Currently I have 4 J1 tutees from this year continuing with me onto J2 tuition next year: ACJC (Learning H2 Maths), AJC (Learning H2 Chem and Maths), RJC (Learning H2 Chem and Maths), TJC (Learning H2 Maths and Econs). The other 2 J2 tutees have almost finished their A Levels and seem confident of scoring stellar results. I would love to accept more students as I do have a flair for teaching, especially when my tutees see their grades improve, however due to the time involved in planning materials for each lesson and the amount of time I set aside for queries, I can only afford 6 sessions a week maximum. Hence, the slots are limited and please do not hesitate to contact me if you are genuinely interested to have your grades improve.
- $35-$60 per hour depending on the level and subject(s) required
- Prices may slightly differ depending on the study location
- Prices are fully negotiable for group tuition.
*strongly prefer group tuition.
Please contact 96215263 (SMS only) for a quotation, to negotiate the price, or for more information.
bump up the post!
bump bump bump