Frankly speaking, I'm also facing the same situation with my ILAWS. My ILAWS use to stay in Kampong thus they are still leading a Kampong lifestyle despite them staying in HDB Flat right now.
1) They love sitting on the floor. I dont't know whether did those staying in Kampong sweep their floor but my ILAWS didn't. Their floors are full of ants and debris. Even my maid complain their floor are sticky. When we bring our baby to ILAWS's place, my husband's auntie will carry my baby and sit on the floor playing with her. I cannot imagine ants crawling on my baby legs and dirts sticking on on her body.
2) During my 1st confinement, we were staying with our ILAWS as they are helping me with the confinement and also taking care of my baby (1st child). I wanted to breastfeed my baby but my husband's auntie claimed that I was dirty because I only wipe my body with chinese herbs but did not bath. They were the one who dont't allow me to bath .... Immediately once the baby start to cry, my husband's auntie will rush into the bedroom and carried her away for feeding. Sometime when I try to breastfeed the baby, she will barge into the room and carry the baby away. She keep accusing me for starving the baby because of the low milk supply. I find her ignorant loh.... Who will has heavy milk supply for the 1st 2 weeks ? It will increase gradually right ?
Hence, whenever my friends are asking me (in front of my husband) whether did I breastfeed I will reply "NO". Then they will start lecturing me saying breastfeed is good or whatsoever. As if I dont't know meh.... But I can't tell them that it was my husband's auntie who dont't allow me to breastfeed mah.... my husband will scream at me because he is too over-protective over his family member.
3) As above-mentioned, there are ants crawling all over the place. I caught them feeding ANTS WITH MILK to my baby a lot of time within a month. Due to poor eye-sight of my husband's grandma, she always argued with me she cannot see any ants.
4) Once my baby open her eyes, my ILAWS will immediately carry the baby all the way until she fall asleep again.
5) Put my baby on their bed. My ILAWS dont't change their bedsheet. I stayed in their place for a month and I didn't see them sending the bedsheet for washing. Can you imagine the bedsheet from Dark Blue to Charcoal Black ?
... ... I will only list out a few else it going to be a neverending story.
After confinement, I immediately shift out of ILAWS house as I cannot their filthy lifestyle anymore.