Then go and do something about it.
- Have you tried talking to your in laws like have a no smoking rule in the house. Smoke in their rm or outside. Tell them nicely but firmly.
- Any support from husband ? Bring husband or one of the in laws during baby routine checkup and you purposely bring up the subject of baby having difficulty breathing, coughing and eventually the smoking in the house. Let them hear it out themselves frm the doctor.
- Is your baby old enough to attend childcare and is your finances ok ? Then put baby through child care session or send to a trustworthy nanny.
- how about your own parents ? Try putting baby some days with your parents, lesser days with your in laws. At least minimize baby's contact with them.
- and if you are a stay at home mum, whenever they smoke in the house, quickly bring your baby out for a walk along corridor or nearby parks. Or lock yourself and baby in a room.
you gotta take action. Complain and do noth will not help your baby and dont't compromise with your baby's health. Hope your baby will stay in the pink of health.