Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree8Likes

Hubby giving too much to his mum

This is a discussion on Hubby giving too much to his mum within the Home Life, Relationships & Finance forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Originally Posted by noelsmum My husband when he started working about 10 years or so ago used to give his ...

Worthy Lady
    Re: Hubby giving too much to his mum

Quote Originally Posted by noelsmum View Post
    My husband when he started working about 10 years or so ago used to give his mother 700 a month. Mind you, that was a lot in the past. I didn't say anything because that's is his money and he has the liberty to do what he liked with it. We were not married then too. Then, we got married and the amount reduced to 500 or something like that. Sure, I did think that it's too much. We have no kids and we dont't have dinner in their home. In fact we bring them out for dinner. So why give so much? And I didn't say anything. Hubby provided enough for the money. Yes, at that time, we hardly had savings but I kept my mouth shut. Primarily, my in laws paid for hubby's 4 years of education in Australia. And throughout the 4 years, he never worried about money. They paid for everything. He never had to work part time. And no, they're not rich people. Your average 4 room flat living in Bukit Panjang. They save and scrimped on every cent and penny to provide him that overseas education. He has a younger brother too. They made sacrifices for him and his brother. They've only taken the plane thrice. They paid for only one 'flight' holiday before hubby was married. And we paid for the other 2 for them to fly over to Hong Kong to visit us. I no longer bother about how much hubby gives his parents as I feel that they have done lots of him. And it is just gratitude that he's repaying his parents. By the way, his parents paid for a 30 table wedding dinner for us at a 5 star hotel. And they even gave us a huge red packet after that.
    your hubby has a wonderful parents....it is a blessing for him.

My parents dont even pay for my education & expenses since i was born...but i stil give my father some allowance.... the world can be so unfair..haha

He is a good son.. aren't you greatful? as long as he can give you your needs its okay and for me its okay as long as we do not have a baby yet.

Worthy Lady

helping the children when accident...omg..one do not even know the child will have accident or not,,,is that not an excuse? is one cursing the one own child?
    Abuse? do one not 'abuse' one parents when young? asking them to buy things.. hahaha.. Giving money to parents is consider an 'abuse'?

Pls pls psl... one can convince the rest of one saying..but when karma comes.. there is no escape.. one cannot lie to karma..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2