so sad... i really cannot understand law...
This is a discussion on Wife pregnant with another man's baby but win custody of daughter & get maintenance? within the Home Life, Relationships & Finance forum, part of the You and Your Family category; Dear mummies, I saw this news and thought would be good to share. Not only unfairness happen to us but ...
I saw this news and thought would be good to share. Not only unfairness happen to us but may happen to the other sex species too.
Join the facebook page to support if you feel for this man : https://www.facebook.com/pages/Stop-...47815301918220
One of the story :
ll be sharing a summary of my story today. Please help me share this page. Fellow suffering fathers please come to this page to share your experiences. We can all do our tiny bit to help change this flawed law system. Thanks!
- In Jan 2011, my wife requested for a divorce.
- From Feb to Apr 2011, my wife avoided me and I did not get to see or meet up with her during this period.
- In May 2011, I found out that my wife was actually 6 months pregnant with another manís child.
- I decided to fight for custody of my daughter.
- My daughter was with me then and I allowed my wife to visit her whenever she wants and Iím in Singapore.
- In Jul 2011, on one such visit, I was ambushed and assaulted by my wifeís accomplices.
- My daughter was snatched away from me.
- I reported the incident to the police and the police dismissed it as a family dispute.
- The police told me that my injury is not fracture or more serious, it does not warrant an arrest and if I want to pursue the matter, I would have to go file a magistrate complaint myself.
- Heeding my lawyerís advice, I filed a personal protection order for myself and daughter against my wife and family on the basis of their attack on me.
- My wife also filed a personal protection order for herself and daughter against me and my parents with accusations of child abuse.
- My request to see my daughter is flatly refused by my wife.
- I went to file a magistrate complaint and was told by magistrate to wait for divorce and custody to be finalized before he will look into the case.
- With the police and magistrate unwilling to act on this assault matter, I went to see my MP for solutions.
- My MP wrote letters to the police and MCYS to get them to look into the case.
- Police replied with a letter saying they will look into the case.
- I did not receive any news from the police after that.
- I have to call the police myself with reference to the MPís letter, after which they got an officer to speak to me. He told me the same old thing that Iíve to get the magistrate to write to them before they will look into the case.
- I went down to MCYS with my mother. Spoke to one of the officers and he said he will look into my case and the well being of my daughter and he will update me on that.
- After 2 wks, I tried calling the officer for updates but he was either not at his desk or on leave.
- Finally, after another 2 weeks or so, I received a letter from MCYS telling me that my daughter is safe and fine with her mother. There was no call made to me whatsoever, only a cold piece of letter with no other information except that my daughter is fine.
- I manage to get my lawyer to apply to the court for access to my daughter. I was only given supervise access of 2 hours a week with the venue being at one of the government agency.
- I got to pay $100 for a 2 hr access to my daughter.
- In Nov 2011, my wife was given the interim custody of my daughter
- I lost the custody case even though the divorce will be based on her adultery.
- My wife requested for $1000 for child maintenance from me.
- I tried to negotiate on the amount and was slapped by a request of $800 for child maintenance and $400 for wifeís maintenance by her.
- I find it ridicules to be paying her wifeís maintenance as she has already given birth to another manís child and is currently living with her new man.
- We were unable to come to an agreement and the court fixed a mediation procedure for us.
- During mediation, she insisted on getting maintenance for herself and an agreement could not be reach as Iím adamant on not giving her maintenance.
- However, in Mar 2012, she decided to compromise when she learnt that I have already quit my job as a flight steward with SIA and is currently jobless.
- We have now agreed on a $500 for child maintenance and Iím responsible for my daughterís occupational and speech therapy expenses as she got autism.
- My wife is not willing to contribute to my daughterís therapy expenses and told me to pay for everything if I want to bring her to one. If I canít do that, itís just her luck to have me as a father.
That's the summary of my story and I'll be sharing my after thoughts of the whole saga at a later date.
so sad... i really cannot understand law...
sorry to hear about your experience. it is really unfair what you have to go through. Just sharing, under the Muslim Syariah Law, there is no such thing as wife maintenance. And in most cases, when the wife commits adultery, the father gets custody of the child.
this is so unfair to the father. omg why cant the ministry do something to things like this??
Ya, law without compassion, this is what happens. We got to do something else more innocent will suffer. It's not my story.
It is a Father's story. Click the link and like the page to support. And if you ok to do a bit more, share in your facebook, spead the news and ask for more support. Thanks.
Welcome to the Women's Charter, which is trying to make divorce life difficult so that ppl stay married.
Whoever drafted this act ought to be charged with crimes against humanity.
If the law was less kaypoh, things will be much more amicable between sparring spouses. The act simply lends itself to be used as a leveraging tool to fight each other, regardless of rationality.
And although the divorce is governed by the Muslim Syariah Law,but child custody still go thru at family court. so it's the same