This is a discussion on EDD May 2011 within the Year 2011 and earlier Mummy forum, part of the Mummy Meeting Place category; Have anyone tried freezing with milk storage bag and thawing them for feeding? Any different in taste of the milk?...
Have anyone tried freezing with milk storage bag and thawing them for feeding? Any different in taste of the milk?
O ya. Previously I was wondering why my baby's breath stinks. Then I found out the smell is the rancid smell from the thawed milk.
Ok shall test with 5 oz and see. Hope my baby takes it otherwise I would have wasted 20 oz in freezer bag.
I'm worried my girl is not drinking enough. She is taking 80-90ml per feed now but in 2-3 hours. Night time she is sleeping 8 hours in a row without milk. Normal?
as long as your gal is growing.. and the diaper changing is normal , and got poo po should be fine? I als got the same worried as you ..
but my gal got this cluster feeding time in the evening .. but in total she is drinking about 600-700 ml in a day..
Signs of a healthy eater
There are some ways to gauge if your baby's getting enough milk, and there are signs that he may not be receiving enough. Dehydration in newborns is rare, but it's important to know the signs of a healthy eater so you can alert your doctor if anything seems amiss. These include:
• Your baby feeding at least six to eight times a day for the first two to three weeks.
• Your breasts being emptied and feeling softer after feeds.
• Your baby having a healthy colour and firm skin -- it bounces right back if pinched.
• The number of wet nappies starting to increase by the fifth day, or producing at least six to eight wet nappies in a 24-hour period. (It's easier to tell if a non-disposable nappy is wet than a disposable.) Your baby's urine should be pale and odourless.
• Being able to see him swallow while he is feeding.
• Producing yellowy-mustard stools or frequent dark stools, or the stools beginning to lighten in colour by the fifth day after birth. However, no two babies are the same. One baby's frequency of bowel movement might differ from another.
Signs that your baby is getting enough milk
Does any of your babies play with their saliva? Like make bubbles with it. And keep looking at their nose so in the end cross eyed. My baby is doing these things now. Not sure it s normal or not? Hehehe.
my baby is doing the same as yours , and she likes to lick on our shoulder when we carry her up right .
Isy, does your baby sleep after you latch her ? sometimes i also use my breast to pacify her.. after she sleep, then i will pump out the milk , and i will roughly know how much she drank .8 hours is very good oredi ..
Being mummy is like tht huh, baby not sleeping also worried, baby sleep longer also worried.. haha
sometimes when my baby sleep longer at night i was wondering did she get enough feed or not haha
My baby will sleep after I bottlefeed. If I latch she will only asleep for an hour or half an hour. No burp too.
I dont feel engorged n I didn't hear swallowing when she latch today.
Am really worried because she have took total 220ml and whole day since 3am till now I only pumped 240ml.
Of which 140ml is from 3am and 6am session. Rest of the day getting pathetic 30ml every 3-4hrs. I used to get 80-90ml per session one . What is happening?
Since her cries like fire engine I hardly let her cry for long. If she cry long she will get all tensed up with hands stiffen, tears and whole face red. Wonder if neighbour will think I abuse her. She makes loud noises when yawn or sleep and fart real loud too. you would always know she poop.
Actually I can understand the part about letting her cry for long. For me now, at night when she cries, I also won't let her cry too long, otherwise will disturb my hubby's brother's family sleeping in the next room.