This is a discussion on EDD May 2011 within the Year 2011 and earlier Mummy forum, part of the Mummy Meeting Place category; hi mummies...gt a few questions to ask..am due on the 30th May but my pregnancy has been a rollercoster rider..I ...
hi mummies...gt a few questions to ask..am due on the 30th May but my pregnancy has been a rollercoster rider..I had two preterm deleveries my gals at 34 and 36 weeks now at 4 and 8 healthy. now this time expecty a boy but like i said a really painful pregnancy. I was bleeding till the end of first trimester and ok till the 6th month..then somwhere there started downhill again because of many complications...mainly to do with unbearable groin and leg pain. Medication unfortunatly was my only solace. I was always weak and relied on my poor hubby for even the simplest things. Lately as baby head was quite low and the pain was getting worse my gynea reffered me to KK as my history of preterm deleiveries and also because my BBs were all low birth weight..but to my dismay i found the doc at kk quite short and sharp and felt i needed sm1 more fatherly to put it. I am now with a gynea who is all that and more..he did a growth scan last week and told me that baby was of a good size and also willing to c-section on the 9th of May (Actual EDD 30th May) as i told him i really cannot tahan..i sprained my back twice this month and had to actually crawl to use bathroombaby last week @ 35 weeks was 2.3kg. today i am 35w 4 days and my c sec will b at 37 weeks exactly...hubby doesnt support the idea and wants me wait it out stubbornly but doc is giving the go ahead...what do you gals advice? i followed your every thread my whole pregnancy but too sick to participate but found many a useful advice...A big thank you! but please halp me on how to convince hubby and any other advice...
Hi jrmummy2, your both girl although preterm are they vaginal birth ?
If they r I dont't see why need to c-sect. If gynae purely helping you to deliver baby early coz you cannot tahan can he opt for vaginal birth? Does induce help? Tell your hubby 37wks is full term d. Like azzzima case baby growing outside safer than inside. Furthermore mummy is in pain can put stress on baby.
Most of us 1st time mummy here, if your hubby not comfortable with the kk gynae decision, do get a second gynae opinion.
Hey preterm babies are smarter babies you know. That's what Chinese say 7 star baby.
Cheer up n be proud that you r already a mother of 2 princesses.
Give him some time to get ready for his big day too
I also feel that my girl seems very comfy inside, everyday same kind of bh nothing extra for almost 2 wks d. But I told her to decide her own bday n must signal mummy.
Last edited by lsy; 28-04-2011 at 07:32 AM.
I think your mother in law bought that one is from Indonesia. I wonder if giant have. Coz I see forum giant have Msia young coconut instead of Thailand ones in ntuc or sheng siong.
I didn't know bentong Ginger is so good thought normal old Ginger works the same until some mummies in kl forum made the comparison.
Thanks gals...baby No 1. born vaginal at 36 weeks and weighed @ 2.4 baby no. 2 @ 1900grams and born @ 35 weeks emergency c-sect due to placenta aruptio..Even though mummy to two princesses i went through as a single mum so theres alot of things other than pregnancy on mind..(more like what to put on the table) so it came like a hazed memory...Only this time around got prince charming story and met and married a wonderful hubby last year and was well taken care of during this time..with prenatel care but i guess body cannot tahan due to last time never take care...so this is really like first time for me. I know this time baby big and healthy but looking after the gals and handling the pain aiyo really pain..just wished that darling husband would give in...
My mum said bentong ginger is more spicy and more effective. I think if get the old ginger would be fine too.
I also doubt that is the authentic bentong ginger as i thought it is quite expensive in malaysia. My mother in law said the uncle told himm is bentong ginger haha
Anyway , i am not that particular, can get then it's ok, cannot also nvm.
Since he is a wonderful hubby n you r carrying his little prince, I think he have his right to decide too. Perhaps you could enlighten him about the 37wks full term thingy. If gynae say at the end still c-sect I dont see why need to wait. Furthermore if financially permit can go choose auspicious date n time to give birth to a good life prince.
Btw y did your hubby insisted to wait? He wanted a natural vaginal birth or he wanted a natural timing for his son to see this world? Or is he afraid that too early baby not ready? Need to find out actual concern before you give him the reasoning.
The price for the ginger is quite expensive, may be they think dont't worth to bring in.
Hi.. Haha i feel so ignorant, not reading enuf!!!
Realised my gynae did not tell me whether my engaged or not....
But i do feel some menstrual like cramp since 2 wks ago, shld be braxton hicks?? And these 2 wks i also felt a couple of time a stinging sensation at the vagina......
Anyway i may be induced if i dont deliver by wkend.... My hubby has been asking my son when do you wanna come out.....?
Last edited by penguinna; 28-04-2011 at 10:13 AM.
i'm getting heavier by the day...but i will still try to walk and climb stairs as i dont't want to take epidural so i need to work towards a short labour! i guess i will also do some squatting and pilates! hehehe....
So many things to do... Thought I can just laze at home and wait lol. Really salute those mummy who have kids to take care while pregnant.
Taboo , 1 day you squat how many times n for how long?
Wow just went to take a look at the singapore motherhood forum.. the May thread is bustling. So many people giving birth in May.