This is a discussion on EDD May 2011 within the Year 2011 and earlier Mummy forum, part of the Mummy Meeting Place category; I just assembled the manual breast pump my aunt lent me and emm.. tried it. Next time must get used ...
I just assembled the manual breast pump my aunt lent me and emm.. tried it.
Next time must get used to pumping ..
my hubby goes for a jog almost everyday so i'll go for a walk too.
always perspire all over n my overgrown thighs keep rubbing against each other...quite gross!
i just cut my long hair into a bob too... easier to wash n dry.....
my next appt is on sat too.... same as i1babes n Isy.....
jeeez gotta do e dreaded glucose tolerance test....
sucks oh but no choice....=(
yes fianancially hubby would give the world if i asked but he wanted everything natural esp his little price coming early...but thats something i dont have a choice as gynea said i need c-sect no matter. As gal no 2 is liviing with us he also worried that if preterm like her our prince will also follow suit in size and appitite..my little princess small but packs a punch. She only recently put on weight at 4 years of age and hubby is always worried about her appitite..but he dnt understand this time baby is big..2.4 at 35 weeks..
guys, i got to breastfeed successfully since her discharge.. no more sore nipples.. n engorgement. phew! next time we can share tips on breastfeeding n etc.
all the best to the rest of may mummies!
I started to massage my breast frequently now, my breast still consider small , as before that mine also a small cup.
i hope i have breast milk and can enjoy bf after give birth
Well done Azzzima
I am 37 weeks alrdy.. but baby is not engaged yet =(
and may I know how to massage the breasts manually??
Hey anyone heard from yahyen ?[/QUOTE]
how yahyen ...? hope she alrite ...and update us
2) Using the same fingers as mentioned above making a C shape massage the nipple (8 counts each)
3) Repeat step 1 and 2 but this time round massage the areola (8 counts each)
4) Placing your hands spread open one at the top and one at the bottom of the breast vertically and move opposite direction (8 counts each)
5) Make your hands in a fist and place them on the right and left side of the breast, moving opposite directions (up and down) (8 counts each)
6) Using both hands and make it like you are holding a burger and massage your breast till you reach the nipple (usually bit of milk will come out)
Then you're done.. I was taught by the nurses and lactation consultant when i was in the hospital...
yeah... can't wait to see my boy boy tomorrow oh!
let's update each other k Isy and i1babes....
azzzima: thanks for sharing e massage techniques with us!
sparklingstars: i think as long as baby's in correct head-down position, engaging is not so important.
i also kan cheong but we still have 3 weeks to go so plenty of time left!
goodnight all mummies!
Last edited by esther kuan; 30-04-2011 at 12:27 AM.