I had elective c-sect for 1st pregnancy coz I was very severely swollen from head to toe and at 39 weeks my baby still did not engage. My gynae said, from his experience, he doubted my baby will engage even if I waited till 42 weeks. Would be worse to wait coz my baby would be very big. He advised to c-sect. I admitted in the following day after that checkup. My 2nd one even worse. Emergency c-sect coz of low fetal movement. On the spot admission. I was 37 weeks I think.