Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Thomson Medical Centre-Disappointment

This is a discussion on Thomson Medical Centre-Disappointment within the Year 2011 and earlier Mummy forum, part of the Mummy Meeting Place category; Hi to All MTBs & Mummies out there, Would like to seek advice and also to see if anyone here ...

Angry Thomson Medical Centre-Disappointment

Hi to All MTBs & Mummies out there,

Would like to seek advice and also to see if anyone here is in the same predicament as me.

Being first-time parents, we signed up for the Infant Care Training course with Thomson Medical Center during May this year and was told that the date is set on 18 June (Sat) 8.30am to 12.30pm. Though we have already made plans to travel overseas, we had brought the trip forward so we that can accommodate to their workshop schedule plus we have also inform & push our gynae appt backwards so that we are clear on that day to focus on this workshop.

While I was overseas, I received a call & a SMS from their staff on 9 June to reconfirm our attendance for the workshop. I did picked up their call & reconfirm our attendance with this lady called Leona.

Guess what happen? I got a rude shock this morning (17June) when she called me again to inform me that the workshop has been postpone to 22 June (Wed) 9am to 1pm, as it clashes with Father's Day. Is it a mockery on me or on THEM??? What a big joke!

As a healthcare service provider which specializes in Obstetrics & Gynaecology and Paediatrics, do they not know that Father's Day falls on 3rd Sunday of every June??? Perhaps they needed to be reminded of Mother Day's as well??? When I tried asking Leona when will be the next workshop so that we can sign up for it instead of this coming one, she said now weekend classes are given to First Aid Training & Infant-care Training classes are scheduled on weekdays. So I was wondering to myself, actually there is still a class held on this coming Sat but just that First Aid Training were given a priority instead. Using Father's Day as an excuse?

Now my husband has to see if he can apply leave in time for this workshop on such a short notice. And may I highlight to all that these classes are not cheap. Only 4hrs of workshop at $182. Some hospitals Antenatal classes costing around $200+, run through at least 5-6 of such classes. We couldn't sign up for those as am already in my 7th month.

Now I want to see who can I send this complaint to asking for a MORE reasonable explanation on this matter plus to see if anyone is in the same predicament as me. It's quite frustrating.

Worthy Lady
    Re: Thomson Medical Centre-Disappointment

sorry to hear that but i did sign up for one of the pre-natal course on thursday nights and so far so good.

they sms us before hand but didnt ask us to confirm unless we need to change.

my experience with them so far is quite ok...