go for picnic.. kite flying... or bowling...
This is a discussion on Help! Any suggestions for family bonding activities? within the Mummy Cafe forum, part of the Community Lounge category; Hey there guys! With the recent Chinese New Year holidays, I realised that my family has been doing the usual ...
Hey there guys! With the recent Chinese New Year holidays, I realised that my family has been doing the usual family activities, that is just going out to malls or to eat, and it's getting boring especially for two young kids. Are there any suggestion to excite things up? Thanks for the help!
go for picnic.. kite flying... or bowling...
cycling or swimming...
May i know how old is your childrens? you can go to indoor playground. Example: fidgets, explorer kids. Also you can bring them to designer playground at bishan.
Pasir Ris Park for playground/cycling/kite flying/beach combing
Ikea Play Area
Old Botanical Gardens for fish feeding
QianHu / BottleTree Park for kampong fishing
Bishan Park for kampong fishing/playground
West Coast Park for playground/cycling
ECP for roller blading/cycling/jetty fish spotting
Sentosa Palawan beach for beach/cycling
Gardens by the Bay/Marina Barrage for cycling
Lim Chu Kang area for goats/frogs/veggie
Hike to HSBC treetop walk
Airport for Skytrain rides
IMM / Changi CityPoint / Zoo waterplay area
Bumboat ride to Pulau Ubin
Safra Jurong Play area
SAFRA / SSC swimming Pools with water slides
But generally, I think cycling on bikes with baby chair is the most enriching.
Go to Sentosa!
Go for walk at in Bukit timah reserve. Exercise and widen their knowledge about nature
A simple movie night! Before that, you could cook dinner/snacks together as a family! It could be an all day activity, simple and I think it's quite convenient
Or try some home crafty activities! Like paint something as a family, have a drawing competition within the family (of course parents have to give a chance laa hahah) or go out and take pictures together (you can see how your kids view the world, what they see and like to capture). Then after you get the pictures, you guys as a family can collect the pictures and make it into a photo book ( check p;log, they help you publish all these kind of photo books! p;log )! I think the simpler the activity is, the better!
Arrange for a family game like scrabble.
Totally agree with Pattyng!
The simplier the activities the better! And of course, the cheaper the better!
Since I live in the east, here are some cheap and energy draining activities for your toddlers:
- visit Kids Kampung at Pasir Ris Farmway. it's only $1 per entry. Farm animals there. Opens at 10am on Saturdays.
- Swimming complex at Pasir Ris - $2.50 for Saturdays
- look at horse ad ponies at pasir ris farm - FREE
- play sand at pasir ris farm - FREE
- Changi Airport viewing gallery - FREE
- Changi Village - look at bump boats, eat, enjoy the beach
In addition, some home activities...which may cause messy-ness at home..but FUN for kids...
- get majong paper, paste on wall and paint with hands.
- bake alphabet biscuits
- make sushi
Last edited by BabiesToKids; 14-03-2013 at 02:48 PM.
Everything Toddler. Like us on: www.facebook.com/BabiesToKids
Giving Tre3 Playdates Club
Parent Accompanied/Dropoff programme for kids 15-36 months
- At Giving Tre3 Playdates Club, we focus on developing your child’s holistc development,eloquence and confidence through structured activities and a broad based curriculum.
- Through the sessions, you child will be given ample opportunities to showcase their talents in music, dance, drama, exploring, mathematics, science, cookery and art!
- Story time comes alive! Letterland Phonics is also introduced to kids in a fun and engaging manner. This programme is an established and effective UK Phonics programme.
- Sand and water play and other fun activities!
- Small class size – Maximum 6-8 children in a class
- Ample opportunities for your child to socialise and interact with other children of similar age group
- Promotes Parent-child bonding, and prepares your child for teaching in a classroom setting
Time slots (Saturday and Sunday)
15mths – 24 mths (1 hour, parent accompanied, Max 6)
25mths – 36 mths (1.5 hours, dropoff, max 8)
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, SMS/Call us at 97771645 or go to our facebook page at www.facebook.givingtre3!
Punggol fish/prawn fishing!
Explore the near by islands or goto Malaysia
I found this article I think you will find it helpful: Weekend activities for your kids, children and families in Singapore .
Also they have tons of other articles and suggestions about things to do in Singapore. And the best thing is most of the suggestions can be done for free.
Go for something that most of your family have not't experience it yet
Try visiting the fire station!
It's FREE and kids get to touch and feel.
Bonding with your baby through nurturing touch..
Its amazing experience.. Learn infant massage from the specialist. Infant Massage has been clinically endorsed in many hospitals and infant care centers over 50 countries and is proven to help babies sleep throughout the night, wind, colic and relaxation. Most importantly, enhancing the infant-parent relationship and bonding.
If you are interested in becoming a Certified Infant Massage Instructor or simply want to know more about infant massage and how to improve the infant-parent communication, join us at our upcoming presentation! This presentation is particularly useful for people working as:
- Healthcare professionals
- Infant care teachers
- childhood educators
- Massage Therapists
- Aroma therapists
- Anyone who loves babies
Date: 27 April 2013 (Saturday)
Time: 10:30am - 12:30pm
Venue: Best Western Jayleen 1918 hotel function room
42 Carpenter Street, Singapore 059921
(Near the Singapore River, Boat Quay)