Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Insomnia... Again........

This is a discussion on Insomnia... Again........ within the Mummy Cafe forum, part of the Community Lounge category; Aiya... Had difficulty sleeping properly again... Woke up freakingly early even before the sun was up!!! $%&*(!!! I have been ...

一応Marine Paradeにしとくね!(爆)
    Insomnia... Again........

Aiya... Had difficulty sleeping properly again... Woke up freakingly early even before the sun was up!!! $%&*(!!!

I have been suffering from it since I was 8 years old... Unbelievable right? It was due to stress & anxiety. I found that as I got older, my insomnia got worse. When I was in secondary school, I was able to fall asleep on the day before an important exam but when I entered JC, I found it difficult to fall asleep & could only sleep for a short while. Then, when I entered NUS, I could not sleep at all the whole night!!! So it was like, I was very goggly at the exam hall & had great difficulty concentrating. Instead of thinking about how I was going to answer the question, I was thinking about how tired my eyes were. I could not keep my eyes open properly & constantly felt a very "suan" feeling in them. When I got home, I was unable to take a nap as I am not conditioned to taking a siesta. And my insomnia is not just because of exams.

I would often get up in the middle of the night feeling hot & sweaty though I had the fan switched on. Once I am awake, I cannot fall asleep again even if is only 2 or 3 am!!! So I will just turn & toss in bed till daylight comes...

And and and, if I were mentally stimulated just a little too much from late afternoon to evening time onwards, I will also have difficulty falling asleep. Eg: Reading ghost stories. Why? Why? Why? ;(

Anxiety about whether I can fall asleep itself causes me to lose sleep too... Sometimes I even have heart palpitations because of that! I try to relax but sometimes my body just cannot relax enough for me to fall asleep. Shucks...

Drinking warm liquid, even 1/2 a cup, before bedtime is out for me as I dont want to risk having difficulty falling asleep due to a full bladder. Neither do I wish to get up in the middle of the night with an urge to visit the loo. (-.-) ~~~zzz~~~

The end result? Super panda eyes... 0.0
    Forever tired... Walking zombie... AARGH!!! Why do I suffer from insomnia???!!!

Anyone here also suffering from insomnia??? Wanna share your struggles of sleepless nights & frustration???
    Last edited by jal; 13-09-2009 at 02:20 PM.
    The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin - Page 412

Reply to Kyo’o

Believe in this mandala with all your heart.
    Nam-myoho-renge-kyo is like the roar of a lion.
    What sickness can therefore be an obstacle?