Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

  • You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

View Poll Results: Kandang Kerbau Hospital, NUH or pte hospitals for delivery

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kandang Kerbau Hospital

    15 33.33%
  • NUH

    1 2.22%
  • Mt Alvenia

    9 20.00%
  • Gleneagles

    4 8.89%
  • Others

    17 37.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 70

Kandang Kerbau Hospital, NUH or Pte Hospital

This is a discussion on Kandang Kerbau Hospital, NUH or Pte Hospital within the Mummy Cafe forum, part of the Community Lounge category; Originally Posted by LoVeS cyn actually not all pte gynae around 80-100 , mine each visit is always at least ...

  1. #26
    Imperial Concubine CynCyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    SengKang
    Posts
    1,852
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Kandang Kerbau Hospital, NUH or Pte Hospital

    Quote Originally Posted by LoVeS View Post
    cyn actually not all pte gynae around 80-100 , mine each visit is always at least $120 n above, just see doc n scan only around that price . As for Kandang Kerbau Hospital i aso got ask direction before but luckily they didnt charge me BUT instead of charging me as subsided patient rate they charge me normal rate as mistake end up i need to correct them. Yes it very troublesome to transfer to pte gynae coz Kandang Kerbau Hospital will need you go there apply for all the documents you need then still need to wait for 1wk time then go there again to collect

    As for the last part i tink they dont let you BF is bcoz you on EPI effect so cannot BF coz will affect the breast milk.

    At the end of the day I HATE Kandang Kerbau Hospital be it for myself or for dear son i have bad experience. I rather pay more for professional ones.
    about bf the doc who stitch me up all this say can bf one ask me go up directly and ask to bf baby .

    Ya I know not all pte is $80-$100 but also around there , dont't mind paying more for better service . Their service sucks .

  2. #27
    Worthy Lady mummy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    south
    Posts
    54
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Kandang Kerbau Hospital, NUH or Pte Hospital

    i have been with my gynae (Joan Thong) since i was 22yrs old and she's with the Raffles Medical group... when i had dear son in 2000, (no Raffles Hospital then) i chosen to give birth at MtE, b'cos the MRT was nearby and the prenatal classes were held there... and of course i did the hospital tour too before i signed up.
    but now that Raffles Hospital is up... and my gynae's clinic is there... i do choose to go to RH.
    fyi: if you have DBS Platinum credit card (& the DBS lady's card i think... not too sure), you are able to get additional 10% discount on bills and there'll be more benefits later with the stay as there's room upgrades, free carpark, welcome baskets, priority services, etc...

  3. #28
    Worthy Lady qiqi mama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    i living in west of Singapore~
    Posts
    121
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Kandang Kerbau Hospital, NUH or Pte Hospital

    to mi Kandang Kerbau Hospital is ok midwifes who help mi all e ways then my gynae is quite good then other than e stupid bills i am fine with Kandang Kerbau Hospital

  4. #29
    yen
    yen is offline
    Worthy Lady yen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    East side
    Posts
    402
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Kandang Kerbau Hospital, NUH or Pte Hospital

    Quote Originally Posted by Carole View Post
    1st Kid : Kandang Kerbau Hospital - nurses not friendly. Curt. Businesslike.
    2nd Kid : Thomson Medical Center - VERY nice nurses. Took really good care of me when I was in labour and after gave birth. Cost me less than $2k for delivery and baby charges.

    Recommend : Thomson Medical Center
    yeah agree!

  5. #30
    Worthy Lady precious*baby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    jurong west
    Posts
    90
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Kandang Kerbau Hospital, NUH or Pte Hospital

    i'll be giving birth at Thomson Medical Center, gynae is K C YEO...

  6. #31
    Imperial Concubine XiaoXue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    盛港
    Posts
    511
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Kandang Kerbau Hospital, NUH or Pte Hospital

    I gave birth to dear son @ Kandang Kerbau Hospital.. not a good experience there during my 1 week stay @ 32 weeks & 3 days stay for labour @ 41 weeks.. If i was to preg again.. I would go for pte like Thomson Medical Center or Mt. A.. =)

  7. #32
    Worthy Consort LoVeS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    West
    Posts
    4,694
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: Kandang Kerbau Hospital, NUH or Pte Hospital

    Quote Originally Posted by CynCyn View Post
    about bf the doc who stitch me up all this say can bf one ask me go up directly and ask to bf baby .

    Ya I know not all pte is $80-$100 but also around there , dont't mind paying more for better service . Their service sucks .

    service wise i totally agree...just today i encounter how "good" they r

  8. #33
    Worthy Lady Pwiincess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Jurong
    Posts
    427
    Rep Power
    10

    Smile Re: Kandang Kerbau Hospital, NUH or Pte Hospital

    my hubby's mum say book doctor at Kandang Kerbau Hospital. However many have bad experiences there.. how siah?! Headache! Feel like gng to Mount A. Dots. Anw, what's Thomson Medical Center? Sorry sorry. i very ignorant =)

  9. #34
    Imperial Concubine lisa_ng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    north
    Posts
    1,282
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Kandang Kerbau Hospital, NUH or Pte Hospital

    Quote Originally Posted by Pwiincess View Post
    my hubby's mum say book doctor at Kandang Kerbau Hospital. However many have bad experiences there.. how siah?! Headache! Feel like gng to Mount A. Dots. Anw, what's Thomson Medical Center? Sorry sorry. i very ignorant =)
    Thomson Medical Center = thomson medical centre

    in fact if you check the price if you assign gynae. Thomson Medical Center seems to be the cheaper than Kandang Kerbau Hospital moreover pte hospital. usually Thomson Medical Center give you free upgrade to 2 bedded ward but paying 4 bedded ward charges. if you take Kandang Kerbau Hospital will cost more for 2 bedded ward.
    Last edited by lisa_ng; 29-08-2007 at 02:09 PM.

  10. #35
    Worthy Lady
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    89
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Kandang Kerbau Hospital, NUH or Pte Hospital

    1st baby - Kandang Kerbau Hospital. dont't like it. Right after I delivered, the nurse asked me if I could stand up on my own to transfer to another bed ! I blur blur stood up myself. It's only when I delivered my second baby then I know not supposed to be like that. A few hours after I delivered, I told the nurse I want to go toilet, she said just go on my own ! Imagine how I struggled to get up and go on my own.

    2nd baby - singapore general hospital. Very good service. After delivery, the nurse repeatedly told me I must call her if I want to go toilet. The reason is I could faint and fall and it would be very disastrous.

    My advise, if you want a public hospital, go to singapore general hospital instead of Kandang Kerbau Hospital. I took the single bed room in singapore general hospital, I believe it is the cheapest in Singapore.

  11. #36
    Worthy Lady mavis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    184
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Kandang Kerbau Hospital, NUH or Pte Hospital

    Quote Originally Posted by tamarind View Post
    1st baby - Kandang Kerbau Hospital. dont't like it. Right after I delivered, the nurse asked me if I could stand up on my own to transfer to another bed ! I blur blur stood up myself. It's only when I delivered my second baby then I know not supposed to be like that. A few hours after I delivered, I told the nurse I want to go toilet, she said just go on my own ! Imagine how I struggled to get up and go on my own.

    2nd baby - singapore general hospital. Very good service. After delivery, the nurse repeatedly told me I must call her if I want to go toilet. The reason is I could faint and fall and it would be very disastrous.

    My advise, if you want a public hospital, go to singapore general hospital instead of Kandang Kerbau Hospital. I took the single bed room in singapore general hospital, I believe it is the cheapest in Singapore.

    Agreed...I also gave birth in singapore general hospital, staying in B1 ward...
    Very Good Service. Thumps up
    All Doctors & nurses there are very helpful and friendly.

  12. #37
    Worthy Lady elsie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    choa chu kang
    Posts
    50
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Kandang Kerbau Hospital, NUH or Pte Hospital

    both my delivery were in Kandang Kerbau Hospital. it went smoothly for me.
    im not that particular becos of $$. cant afford for pte hospitals and its nearer as well. the midwives who attended to me are not too bad. quite understanding and encouraging.
    one more thing, i dont have to spend a single cent for delivery as i used my dad's medisave and got refund somemore. hehe

    what i dont like is when i went for the normal checkups. appt time 9am can wait until 11am for checkup. go in 5 mins come out. wait there for the stupid 2 hours. dont know why their service is damn slow and sometimes the nurses are so impatient as well.

    overall, i dont really reco Kandang Kerbau Hospital for those who can afford better hospitals.

  13. #38
    aki
    aki is offline
    Female Attendant aki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bt Merah
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Kandang Kerbau Hospital, NUH or Pte Hospital

    singapore general hospital

    all 3 in singapore general hospital, friendly nurses, doctors...

    boycott Kandang Kerbau Hospital cos doctor shout at mi

    *lazy to type*

  14. #39
    aki
    aki is offline
    Female Attendant aki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bt Merah
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Kandang Kerbau Hospital, NUH or Pte Hospital

    yahor, y the poll dont have singapore general hospital uh?

  15. #40
    Worthy Consort LoVeS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    West
    Posts
    4,694
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: Kandang Kerbau Hospital, NUH or Pte Hospital

    Quote Originally Posted by elsie View Post
    both my delivery were in Kandang Kerbau Hospital. it went smoothly for me.
    im not that particular becos of $$. cant afford for pte hospitals and its nearer as well. the midwives who attended to me are not too bad. quite understanding and encouraging.
    one more thing, i dont have to spend a single cent for delivery as i used my dad's medisave and got refund somemore. hehe

    what i dont like is when i went for the normal checkups. appt time 9am can wait until 11am for checkup. go in 5 mins come out. wait there for the stupid 2 hours. dont know why their service is damn slow and sometimes the nurses are so impatient as well.

    overall, i dont really reco Kandang Kerbau Hospital for those who can afford better hospitals.
    subsidized clinic is like that one, pte clinic sumtimes aso like that n it did happened during a couple of my appt with my pte gynae aso.

  16. #41
    Worthy Lady nicole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Yio Chu Kang
    Posts
    59
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Kandang Kerbau Hospital, NUH or Pte Hospital

    dear daughter was born in Mount Alvernia. Really enjoyed mine stay there , the delivery room was very cozy , the nurses were pretty friendly ( i called up the delivery ward to enquire about my contractions and the nurses even called me back to ask how im feeling few hours later ) , the confinement food was not bad =) , and the nurses at the nursery were really helpful and friendly especially at nights when dear husband and i walked around the hospital and the nurses let us into the nursery to have a look at dear daughter if she's not asleep =) plus , the sandwiches in vending machine at the groundfloor is really tasty. LOL

    will go back to Mount A. IF i were to have a second kid =)

  17. #42
    Worthy Lady
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    38
    Rep Power
    0

    Thumbs up Re: Kandang Kerbau Hospital, NUH or Pte Hospital

    Both my kids are born in Kandang Kerbau Hospital and my experience with them are goods . They are very encouraging when i give birth to my son at 25 wks gestation. Alot of nurse came in to help and 2 nurse manager even visited me in the ward.

    My ger are delivered at 34wks gestation and my gynae Dr HC Han are very assuring and make my delivery less stressful. The nurse at the ward remind me to call for them if I needed to go to the ladies even if I feel OK. Thinks it is only after 8hrs after delivery then they allowed you to go alone.
    Last edited by chloegal; 02-09-2007 at 10:39 PM.

  18. #43
    Worthy Lady
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    38
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Kandang Kerbau Hospital, NUH or Pte Hospital

    Both my kids are born in Kandang Kerbau Hospital and my experience with them are goods . They are very encouraging when i give birth to my son at 25 wks gestation. Alot of nurse came in to help and 2 nurse manager even visited me in the ward.

    My ger are delivered at 34wks gestation and my gynae Dr HC Han are very assuring and make my delivery less stressful. The nurse at the ward remind me to call for them if I needed to go to the ladies even if I feel OK. Thinks it is only after 8hrs after delivery then they allowed you to go alone.

  19. #44
    Worthy Lady Pwiincess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Jurong
    Posts
    427
    Rep Power
    10

    Smile Re: Kandang Kerbau Hospital, NUH or Pte Hospital

    Quote Originally Posted by vion View Post
    Both my gers were delivered by the same gynae at Mt Alvernia. I like that place, food is nice n nurses r very friendly n helpful....
    Hi Vion! I'm a mummy soon-to-be. I'm quite interested in giving birth at Mount Alvernia. May I ask, how much did you pay to deliver your baby there? How much Medisave allowed to use there?

    Thanks!

  20. #45
    Worthy Lady Pwiincess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Jurong
    Posts
    427
    Rep Power
    10

    Smile Re: Kandang Kerbau Hospital, NUH or Pte Hospital

    Quote Originally Posted by lisa_ng View Post
    Thomson Medical Center = thomson medical centre

    in fact if you check the price if you assign gynae. Thomson Medical Center seems to be the cheaper than Kandang Kerbau Hospital moreover pte hospital. usually Thomson Medical Center give you free upgrade to 2 bedded ward but paying 4 bedded ward charges. if you take Kandang Kerbau Hospital will cost more for 2 bedded ward.
    Thanks Lisa! My friend recommended Thomson Medical Center too. May I know how much it cost for the delivery and how much Medisave allowed to be used?

  21. #46
    Worthy Consort LoVeS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    West
    Posts
    4,694
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: Kandang Kerbau Hospital, NUH or Pte Hospital

    Quote Originally Posted by Pwiincess View Post
    Hi Vion! I'm a mummy soon-to-be. I'm quite interested in giving birth at Mount Alvernia. May I ask, how much did you pay to deliver your baby there? How much Medisave allowed to use there?

    Thanks!
    Mount A medisave depend on which ward n your labour type allow to use.

  22. #47
    Imperial Concubine elaine01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    chua chu kang Crescent
    Posts
    792
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Kandang Kerbau Hospital, NUH or Pte Hospital

    dear son was delivered @ Thomson Medical Center. Gynae only delivers @ Thomson Medical Center or Mt A. Mt A was a little out of the way if I rush from home.

    I'd definitely deliver @ Thomson Medical Center again if #2 comes. I had c-sect, stayed for 3 nights. Total bill came up to $3K+, less than d 1 night I stayed for the Lap Op.

  23. #48
    Worthy Lady
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    31
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Kandang Kerbau Hospital, NUH or Pte Hospital

    Quote Originally Posted by lisa_ng View Post
    Thomson Medical Center = thomson medical centre

    in fact if you check the price if you assign gynae. Thomson Medical Center seems to be the cheaper than Kandang Kerbau Hospital moreover pte hospital. usually Thomson Medical Center give you free upgrade to 2 bedded ward but paying 4 bedded ward charges. if you take Kandang Kerbau Hospital will cost more for 2 bedded ward.

    Thomson Medical Center is good. I gave birth to all my kids there. Got once they upgraded me to 2 bedded ward but paying only 4bedded charges. also, upgraded me to private room with some freebies, can't quite remember which pregnancy then . The nurses were also very helpful too.

  24. #49
    Worthy Lady
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    -
    Posts
    153
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Kandang Kerbau Hospital, NUH or Pte Hospital

    from what i heard from other forum, they say that Thomson Medical Center only got 1 4-bedded room.. so if you lucky 4-bedded all full, you will get upgraded for FREE! which is very likely! i got free upgraded to 2-bedded too! paying 4-bedded! =)

  25. #50
    Imperial Concubine lisa_ng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    north
    Posts
    1,282
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Kandang Kerbau Hospital, NUH or Pte Hospital

    Quote Originally Posted by Pwiincess View Post
    Thanks Lisa! My friend recommended Thomson Medical Center too. May I know how much it cost for the delivery and how much Medisave allowed to be used?
    hi princess, it depends which gynae you go to. in fact they got different charges. my gynae cost with vacuum cash $201 medisave $1012 hospital charges was $931. baby package for 2 days cash $133 medisave $489. got a free upgrade to 2 bedded ward. if fact only one 4 bedded ward. my sis gynae also mention to give her free upgrade to 2 bedded ward but in the end she end up in the 4 bedded ward.

    gynae gave me a guideline before delivery
    free upgrade to 2 bedded ward
    normal delivery + vacuum cash $200++ medisave $1500-$2000
    c-section cash $500-$600 medisave $3000
    normal delivery change to c-section during labour cash $1000 medisave $3000
    epidural cash $500-$600

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Cost of delivery at East Hospital (formerly known as East Shore Hospital)
    By Katherineallsop in forum Singapore Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 22-03-2013, 11:59 AM
  2. Enquire for charges btw private hospital and gov hospital
    By CherylTan in forum Third Trimester
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-10-2011, 06:43 AM
  3. what to wear after delivery in hospital? hospital wear or?
    By lovely0315 in forum Third Trimester
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-07-2010, 09:19 PM
  4. Hospital Bag
    By Melancholy in forum Third Trimester
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 13-01-2010, 01:26 PM
  5. Should i go to hospital??
    By HoneyLicious in forum Third Trimester
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 17-11-2009, 11:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Connect With Us

facebook twitter rss

MummySG Facebook Group

Loading...
All times are GMT +8. The time now is 10:09 PM.