Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Baby Care Workshop For All

This is a discussion on Baby Care Workshop For All within the Year 2012 Mummy forum, part of the Mummy Meeting Place category; Hi, everyone! As a first time parent, my husband and I wanted to get ourselves more prepared before our baby ...

Worthy Lady
    Boon Keng, Singapore
    Baby Care Workshop For All

Hi, everyone!

As a first time parent, my husband and I wanted to get ourselves more prepared before our baby is born. We are constantly searching for courses that will benefit us like theoretical aspect of parenting, care during pregnancy and after birth care for baby.

We signed up for the Antenatal Course in Kandang Kerbau Hospital but find that the practical aspect of baby care is equally important. By searching through the internet, I found that People’s Association is having a course titled, “Baby Care Workshop for All”. My husband and I signed up for it.

We went for the Workshop at Marine Parade Community Center hours ago. It’s a very fun yet informative workshop for us. Being the only couple signed up for the workshop, we benefited a lot from the 3 hours section. We had the trainers’ all attention and we had our mistakes corrected.

It is a very hands-on workshop, you will be taught on the method of handing, bathing and feeding the baby, as well as hands-on practice what we had learnt. The trainer is very approachable and he answered all our questions asked.

During the workshop, my husband had “attempted to murder” the baby doll more than once. Thanks to the trainer’s patient guidance, he is so much better right after the workshop. There is no doubt that the workshop increases our confidence in handling new born baby.

Therefore, we would like to share our experience here and strongly encourage all first time parents to sign up for it and have fun taking care of baby dolls. It’s so much better to make mistake while handing dolls than to miss the bonding time with your child due to fear of handing your fragile-looking baby.

The workshop is organized by the People’s Association, so it is very affordable. We paid S$70 for the section. (S$35 for each Non-PA member, S$25 for each PA member) For more information, you may go on to the one.pa.gov.sg to search for courses on “baby” or refer to the following website for a more general detail, Baby Care Workshop For Dads (Multiple Dates Available) | Monday, June 11, 2012 | General | Default | Training Calendar

Do enjoy your parenthood!!

Worthy Lady
    Re: Baby Care Workshop For All

thanks for sharing, thiking to attend the workshop...going to mummy soon in oct..really dont know how to handle a baby..since
    me and husband no relative or parents staying here.

Female Attendant
    Re: Baby Care Workshop For All

Hello mummies, this is definitely useful for new mummies like us! I realised we can also sign up at the People's Association website. The above website given by etep9114 seems to be down.

Here's the PA website for signup:
    Last edited by lovemummy; 12-07-2012 at 07:27 PM.