Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Page 25 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

EDD Jan 2012 Mummies

This is a discussion on EDD Jan 2012 Mummies within the Year 2012 Mummy forum, part of the Mummy Meeting Place category; Originally Posted by AhJanz hi mummies.. i have at least 3 persons commented that my legs looks swollen and i ...

Worthy Lady

Re: EDD Jan 2012 Mummies

Quote Originally Posted by AhJanz View Post
    hi mummies.. i have at least 3 persons commented that my legs looks swollen and i realised it is really swollen. Do you think it culd be due to too much water in take? Think i have to lift up my leg high tonight.
    Hi Janz, Should be water retention. Drink more water, it helps to prevent water retention. Evaluate your leg up when you lie down.

Female Attendant

happy MTB: really? drinking water will help prevent water retention? whao i didnt know that! all along i thought it's the other way! thank you for sharing!!!

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by pokkiedots View Post
    happy MTB: really? drinking water will help prevent water retention? whao i didnt know that! all along i thought it's the other way! thank you for sharing!!!
    Hi Pokkiedots, yah, keep yourself hydrated. Drink more water, even before preg, it also work the same. Many people have misunderstood about drinking MORE "water"...of cors, as usual, dont drink too much during the night, can drink but not as much as during the day. Though i still drink water at night ..keke..

Worthy Lady

Thanks Happy MTB for sharing... I drink alot at night, i wake up few times during the night cos im so thirsty,, weird right? Think I will stop doing that fr today onwards.

Worthy Lady

Thanks Happy MTB for sharing... I drink alot at night, i wake up few times during the night cos im so thirsty,, weird right? Think I will stop doing that fr today onwards.
    Hi Janz, you mean you wake up during the night to drink water? Ya, i also very very thirsty, at night also, but i drink before i go to bed...if in the middle of the night the most i will just sip..try not to drink too much during the night. Take care...

Worthy Lady

Ya, i wake up to drink water. Okie, will stop doing that fr tonight

Worthy Lady

Ya, i wake up to drink water. Okie, will stop doing that fr tonight
    okie hugs!

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by Happy MTB View Post
    Hi Excited mummy, Yea, i agreed with you. its all the timing, freedom & long term commitment, nurturing etc...but i really wonder, since government are encouraging us to give birth, why must go by dollar by dollar right? how about those low income family? From what i know, the highest amount they give for first baby bonus is 6K. So those who are unable to fork out 6K will lugi..Having kids is not an easy task i would say..
    Indeed. I was just telling my hubby that low income families would not have so much cash to set aside.
    I suppose the govt wants to send the message that it's the responsibility of parents to set aside savings for the child and the govt will match dollar for dollar, so that people do not see the cash as outright money for giving birth to a child. But it's the middle & upper income families who will benefit from the policy. I suppose the underlying message is also that you should only give birth to more children if you can afford to. Hence, the $18k for the 5th & subsequent child... how many families can actually afford to have that many children & to set aside that sum of cash?

lag
    Worthy Lady

drink more water during the day..and reduce salt intake..hope that helps to keep water retention at bay..

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by Excited Mummy View Post
    Indeed. I was just telling my hubby that low income families would not have so much cash to set aside.
    I suppose the govt wants to send the message that it's the responsibility of parents to set aside savings for the child and the govt will match dollar for dollar, so that people do not see the cash as outright money for giving birth to a child. But it's the middle & upper income families who will benefit from the policy. I suppose the underlying message is also that you should only give birth to more children if you can afford to. Hence, the $18k for the 5th & subsequent child... how many families can actually afford to have that many children & to set aside that sum of cash?
    Hi Excited Mummy,

Well said.. how many can afford to have so many children? Putting aside the $ part, even we have the $, do we have the time? We still need to work for our children.. We cannot throw all the responsibilities to our parents or maid right. the quality time with our child is very important.
    Excited Mummy likes this.

Worthy Lady

Definitely agree with you, Happy MTB.
    I must say Singapore is not as family-friendly as some countries, such as the Nordic countries.
    Some Singaporean companies really do not treat married women with young children well... in fact, some employers think that these women would not be assets to the companies and tend to sideline them for job offers / promotions / opportunities etc.
    Dual income families are the norm now. It's not easy being a working mum.
    Certain things just cannot be outsourced to our parents or maids. You can get them to help but the ultimate responsibility lies with parents.
    Happy MTB likes this.

Worthy Lady

Hi Mommies

I have a brand new tube of Elancyl Stretchmark Prevention Cream (150ml, expiry dated Jan2015), letting go at S$30. Retail price is S$45. Collection somewhere in the West. If keen, pls PM me. Thanks much!

Regards.

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by Excited Mummy View Post
    Definitely agree with you, Happy MTB.
    I must say Singapore is not as family-friendly as some countries, such as the Nordic countries.
    Some Singaporean companies really do not treat married women with young children well... in fact, some employers think that these women would not be assets to the companies and tend to sideline them for job offers / promotions / opportunities etc.
    Dual income families are the norm now. It's not easy being a working mum.
    Certain things just cannot be outsourced to our parents or maids. You can get them to help but the ultimate responsibility lies with parents.

i totally agree with Excited Mummy.
    when interviewed, my big boss has accepted me for not able to work OT (as my hubby & i look after our gal ourselves after work w/o any help fr parents), but i find that i m constantly reminded by managers & big boss that i m paid to work OTs...(they hav a mentality of only working ot then you can finish your work )
    it feels like i m in a sandwich situation cos can't work late & can't go w/o work...

Female Attendant

Hey Jan mummies... I'm 14 weeks. I know it's advised against soft boiled eggs. But I'm having this strong craving! is anyone of you taking it?

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by JoeAngie View Post
    Hey Jan mummies... I'm 14 weeks. I know it's advised against soft boiled eggs. But I'm having this strong craving! is anyone of you taking it?
    Hi Joeangie, you mean half boiled? hmm..actually my doctor told me can eat, but when i was in first trimester, i have cravings for that too, in the end i got a diarrohe for eating that.

Worthy Lady

It's really not easy for you, cygo... I empathize with you.
    i had a friend who told her boss during interview that she can go to work early but need to leave office by 6pm in order to pick up her girl from childcare centre. The boss was not understanding, probably cos she's a slave-driver and an unmarried woman w/o any kids...

Worthy Lady

ya, Excited Mummy, it's really not ez being a working mother.
    (whisper : my boss may be a guy, but is single uncle in his 50s & who starts to pick on us not saying Good Morning in the morning for the pst few weeks.)
    but looking @ the bring side, @ the end of the day, when picking our babies, seeing them smile is always e best time of the day

lag
    Worthy Lady

anyone back post natal massage lady already??

Worthy Lady

not yet.... asking my friend to recommend. cos she delivered in july... so asked her once but she had not started then.

i was a victim of true spa... signed up 24 sessions at >$2500 but only managed to use half.
    good that a group of people managed to get recourse on behalf of the consumers.
    will try to use the balance next year after delivery n after confinement...

Female Attendant

Hi Joeangie, you mean half boiled? hmm..actually my doctor told me can eat, but when i was in first trimester, i have cravings for that too, in the end i got a diarrohe for eating that.
    Ops! Okie... Then better avoid. Thanks!

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by lag View Post
    anyone back post natal massage lady already??
    Hi Lag,

I just got a trial voucher from a pregnancy seminar for $38 (Trial only). I forgot the name of the shop but they have it at forum & paragon. Am going to book and try their prenatal massage. I will update about their service again!

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by JoeAngie View Post
    Ops! Okie... Then better avoid. Thanks!
    Heee yup! take care dear.

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by cygo View Post
    ya, Excited Mummy, it's really not ez being a working mother.
    (whisper : my boss may be a guy, but is single uncle in his 50s & who starts to pick on us not saying Good Morning in the morning for the pst few weeks.)
    but looking @ the bring side, @ the end of the day, when picking our babies, seeing them smile is always e best time of the day
    Hi Cygo,

ya, some bosses just dont understand..Well, you are right, after picking them up, all the hardwork is worth it!... And we should say..mother is the greatest of all!!! we should be proud of it & being a woman!!!!

Worthy Lady

Hi Happy MTB,
    yes & they never fail to put a smile back to our face during a hard day's work when the thought of them came to mind
    Happy MTB likes this.

Worthy Lady

Hi Lag,

I just got a trial voucher from a pregnancy seminar for $38 (Trial only). I forgot the name of the shop but they have it at forum & paragon. Am going to book and try their prenatal massage. I will update about their service again!
    Oh ya happy MTB,
    if i m not wrong, i think the voucher you got is fr mummybabybliss (if i remember the name correctly).
    i signed my 1st post natal with them @ expo baby fair.
    i dont know bout other mommies, but they changed masseuse half way as the 1st 1 wil be going on leave & you hav to provide your own towel & mattress @ home.
    lucky i had some help to clean them but stil gotto throw them away after 1wk's massage as can't get rid of the oil smell. (so get some towels ready that you planned throw)
    had other not so pleasant exp with them... (but is i a little particular also maybe....)
    hope i did not wet your mood, cos this could be my personal exp only.