Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree154Likes

EDD May 2012 Mummies!

This is a discussion on EDD May 2012 Mummies! within the Year 2012 Mummy forum, part of the Mummy Meeting Place category; Came down to c doc. Doc decided to admit me. So nervous now!!!!...

EDD May 2012 Mummies!

Came down to c doc. Doc decided to admit me. So nervous now!!!!

Worthy Lady

Re: EDD May 2012 Mummies!

hi mummies, here is my labour journey, deliver at Mt.A.

2pm - my EDD supposed on 28 May, plan to have natural, but gynae said water is
    getting lower n must deliver asap, so afternoon rush to the clinic let gynae to break
    the water bag, after that rush to hospital.
    3pm - reached hospital, nurse help to shave, clear the bowel, change to labour dress,
    check temperature, put me on drip. from now on, cannot take any food, only sip of
    water to wet the lips. Nurse asked me is there any medicine i need to use later like the
    epidural, thattime i was still vry confident said i dont;t want epi, just opt for laughing
    gas
    4pm - everyrthing settle, lie down on bed and wait. no contraction yet, so very
    happily chatting with hubby.
    430pm - first contraction came, still can bear of it.
    445pm - few more coming, ok, i bear, not more than 10 wave of the contraction, i
    ask for laughing gas, another 2 more contraction with laughing gas, even with the
    help of the gas, but i still feeling like dying soon, i dont;t know how to describe the
    pain, but it really can kill me, that time the pain level was only 50+ ( there's a monitor
    to show baby heartbeat and the contraction wave, the nurse said the contraction pain
    can go up to 127, crazy man) i cannot TAHAN anymore, i ask for epidural, my gynae
    laugh at me after that cuz i took epi, i am always told him i dont;t want to take epi.
    i told my hubby i want in NOW, cuz i am almost out of control of the pain, well, nurse
    said need to wait 30 mins, /fainted. NO choice, keep using the laughing gas , make
    myself half conscious.
    5+pm - epidural finally taken, althought i am very afraid of the injection, but this is the
    first time i am dying for it. bend myself curl like a shrimp, cannot move, but after the
    first dose of the medicine been injected to my spine, i can't help to shiver. the doc
    and nurse shout at me, CANNOT MOVE ! i cant control . mummies pls make sure you
    dont move during the injection, it could casue us paralyzed. it took 15 to 30 mins
    before the medicine start the effect. as other mummies mentioned, it's really a
    heaven now. lower part of the body totally numb, even the contraction pain level up
    to 120, i only can felt that my tummy is moving, dont;t know is the the pelvic is
    expanding or what, can feel the pelvic part is moving. i catch some sleep after that.
    by that time, i was alrd very very hungry. shivering non stop as tis is a side effect of the
    epi.

7pm - checked alrd 9cm dilated, is very fast, continue to wait.
    8pm - checked 10cm dilated, midwife said wait until the baby's head go down more.
    830pm - start to push, as my lowerpart of the body is totally numb, i dont know how to use
    the strength to push, even i push, i also cant feel anything, pushing like more than 10
    times, not successful, i got no more strength to push, doc decided to use help with
    vacuum as baby's heartbeat drop. finally baby girl arrived at 8.55pm~~ weight 2.6kg.
    Gynae said it consider fast labour as it only took 6 hours in total. Praise the God.
    9pm - gynae started to push the placenta out and do the stitching. and nurse help to
    clean up the baby and me. by this time onwards, i starting to vomit my lunch out, on
    n off vomitting until 11pm. cannot eat and drink water yet, afraid vomit again.
    Overall the staff there are very friendly and helpful, as i am stay in 4 bedded room and
    request for full BF, they will bring the baby every 3 hours to my bed to let me feed her.

Imperial Concubine

Quote Originally Posted by selineleow View Post
    Came down to c doc. Doc decided to admit me. So nervous now!!!!

Good luck n smooth delivery!

Imperial Concubine

Quote Originally Posted by cn211279 View Post
    Baby boy is finally out. Felt contractions at around 8.30 pm last night. By 9.30, contractions are coming at 10 mins interval. So we went to Thomson Medical Center, was admitted at around 10.30pm. Had my epidural shot around 11.15pm. Successfully delivered my little boy at 12.45am.
    Quite lucky that it all happened within a relatively short time. Now onto the next step of breastfeeding my little one.
    Good luck to those who r still in the waiting game.
    That is real fast and a smooth one... Congrats! Have a good rest!

Worthy Lady

Baby boy is finally out. Felt contractions at around 8.30 pm last night. By 9.30, contractions are coming at 10 mins interval. So we went to Thomson Medical Center, was admitted at around 10.30pm. Had my epidural shot around 11.15pm. Successfully delivered my little boy at 12.45am.
    Quite lucky that it all happened within a relatively short time. Now onto the next step of breastfeeding my little one.
    Congrats!! Short delivery indeed. Welcome to motherhood! Enjoy the process

Worthy Lady

Dear Tataro

Congrats!! Though gynae said fast delivery, this 6 hours process must be the longest hours for you. Good job! Enjoy cuddling your precious n breastfeeding her. Update us when you have time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tataro View Post
    hi mummies, here is my labour journey, deliver at Mt.A.

2pm - my EDD supposed on 28 May, plan to have natural, but gynae said water is
    getting lower n must deliver asap, so afternoon rush to the clinic let gynae to break
    the water bag, after that rush to hospital.
    3pm - reached hospital, nurse help to shave, clear the bowel, change to labour dress,
    check temperature, put me on drip. from now on, cannot take any food, only sip of
    water to wet the lips. Nurse asked me is there any medicine i need to use later like the
    epidural, thattime i was still vry confident said i dont;t want epi, just opt for laughing
    gas
    4pm - everyrthing settle, lie down on bed and wait. no contraction yet, so very
    happily chatting with hubby.
    430pm - first contraction came, still can bear of it.
    445pm - few more coming, ok, i bear, not more than 10 wave of the contraction, i
    ask for laughing gas, another 2 more contraction with laughing gas, even with the
    help of the gas, but i still feeling like dying soon, i dont;t know how to describe the
    pain, but it really can kill me, that time the pain level was only 50+ ( there's a monitor
    to show baby heartbeat and the contraction wave, the nurse said the contraction pain
    can go up to 127, crazy man) i cannot TAHAN anymore, i ask for epidural, my gynae
    laugh at me after that cuz i took epi, i am always told him i dont;t want to take epi.
    i told my hubby i want in NOW, cuz i am almost out of control of the pain, well, nurse
    said need to wait 30 mins, /fainted. NO choice, keep using the laughing gas , make
    myself half conscious.
    5+pm - epidural finally taken, althought i am very afraid of the injection, but this is the
    first time i am dying for it. bend myself curl like a shrimp, cannot move, but after the
    first dose of the medicine been injected to my spine, i can't help to shiver. the doc
    and nurse shout at me, CANNOT MOVE ! i cant control . mummies pls make sure you
    dont move during the injection, it could casue us paralyzed. it took 15 to 30 mins
    before the medicine start the effect. as other mummies mentioned, it's really a
    heaven now. lower part of the body totally numb, even the contraction pain level up
    to 120, i only can felt that my tummy is moving, dont;t know is the the pelvic is
    expanding or what, can feel the pelvic part is moving. i catch some sleep after that.
    by that time, i was alrd very very hungry. shivering non stop as tis is a side effect of the
    epi.

7pm - checked alrd 9cm dilated, is very fast, continue to wait.
    8pm - checked 10cm dilated, midwife said wait until the baby's head go down more.
    830pm - start to push, as my lowerpart of the body is totally numb, i dont know how to use
    the strength to push, even i push, i also cant feel anything, pushing like more than 10
    times, not successful, i got no more strength to push, doc decided to use help with
    vacuum as baby's heartbeat drop. finally baby girl arrived at 8.55pm~~ weight 2.6kg.
    Gynae said it consider fast labour as it only took 6 hours in total. Praise the God.
    9pm - gynae started to push the placenta out and do the stitching. and nurse help to
    clean up the baby and me. by this time onwards, i starting to vomit my lunch out, on
    n off vomitting until 11pm. cannot eat and drink water yet, afraid vomit again.
    Overall the staff there are very friendly and helpful, as i am stay in 4 bedded room and
    request for full BF, they will bring the baby every 3 hours to my bed to let me feed her.

Female Attendant

Congrats tataro...I agree that epidural is something magical.... Good luck with breastfeeding.. I'm going on total breastfeeding too.....must persist!

Worthy Lady

EDD May 2012 Mummies!

congrats to those who has just given birth.. I stil dont hav much result in breastfeeding my boy.. now I'm in my 4th week , baby shower next Sat.. hope by then I can hav better result..

Worthy Lady
    Wow that's really fast! Is this your first baby?
    Congrats and have a good rest!

Worthy Lady

EDD May 2012 Mummies!

Jiayou selineleow!

And thanks Tataro for sharing your birth story..now getting more n more excited to experience it when my turn comes!!

Worthy Lady

Dear ladies

just to share on breastfeeding.

I was initially very much against formula feed. However, after bf my gal for the past 1 week, I learnt that it's alright to supplement with ff occasionally, ESP during the initial stage whereby the milk flow has yet to kicks in.

I m very lucky to have an excellent Confinement Lady. She assures me constantly when my milk flow was low n worried that my gal not drinking sufficiently. It does not help that my gal is small build n my mother in law constantly asked me if I have enuf milk to feed her.

My CL told me that I need to be positive n maintain a cheerful mood so that my milk flow can increase. I listened to her n ignore my mother in law, coupled with nutritious food intake, my flow really increases. Now my gal can latched on longer n even if she did not eat enough in one feed, it's fine cos she will catch up in her next feed.

morale of story is that so long we try our best in bf, everything will turn out well. All new mummies trying bf-Ing must have the patience k. your effort will def pay off. jia you!

PS: I asked my gynae re Fenugreek n he said he did not know of any known side effect so ok to tk if want to increase the milk supply. I will start taking tomorrow. Update you ladies if it is really so effective

Worthy Lady

EDD May 2012 Mummies!

Btw those breastfeeding - make sure you keep your calcium intake appropriately - eg milk, cheese, yoghurt etc. I was told by a friend (and also did some google search) that continuous bf can affect bone density in women. So if your calcium intake is low or none, apparently the baby will take all the calcium away from your bones. You may not feel it now but one of the side effects in later years is osteoporosis.

Worthy Lady
    Quote Originally Posted by Meilynn View Post
    Dear ladies

just to share on breastfeeding.

I was initially very much against formula feed. However, after bf my gal for the past 1 week, I learnt that it's alright to supplement with ff occasionally, ESP during the initial stage whereby the milk flow has yet to kicks in.

I m very lucky to have an excellent Confinement Lady. She assures me constantly when my milk flow was low n worried that my gal not drinking sufficiently. It does not help that my gal is small build n my mother in law constantly asked me if I have enuf milk to feed her.

My CL told me that I need to be positive n maintain a cheerful mood so that my milk flow can increase. I listened to her n ignore my mother in law, coupled with nutritious food intake, my flow really increases. Now my gal can latched on longer n even if she did not eat enough in one feed, it's fine cos she will catch up in her next feed.

morale of story is that so long we try our best in bf, everything will turn out well. All new mummies trying bf-Ing must have the patience k. your effort will def pay off. jia you!

PS: I asked my gynae re Fenugreek n he said he did not know of any known side effect so ok to tk if want to increase the milk supply. I will start taking tomorrow. Update you ladies if it is really so effective
    so envy you gals succeeded in breastfeeding.. not sure if I did it correctly as I didnt attend any classes & only tried once at d presence of d nurse in hospital.. my gynae also advised me to take fenugreek daily & to continue my supplements like fish oil, calcium, multi-vitamins as they can also help boost milk supply.

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by miracle25 View Post
    so envy you gals succeeded in breastfeeding.. not sure if I did it correctly as I didnt attend any classes & only tried once at d presence of d nurse in hospital.. my gynae also advised me to take fenugreek daily & to continue my supplements like fish oil, calcium, multi-vitamins as they can also help boost milk supply.
    Dear miracle25

It takes practice n patience so no worries if your boy do not latch on or latch on for long. just be patient n continue with the effort n it will def pay off. If he do not latch on or latch on short period of time, can express n feed him using cup or spoon. If use milk bottle will cause nipple confusion.

The Antental class do cover breastfeeding but theory is never as good as practical. For me, only these 2 days then my gal latch on longer. Else most of time she only latched on 10, 15 mins n fall asleep after that so ended up have to manually feed her too. Bf really takes up alot on time so gotta have the patience.

I also talked to my gal during bf-Ing. I will scold her if she throws a tantrum ESP when she cannot latch on to the areola initially. I will tell her 喝奶不可以发脾气! She will listen n stop crying. I will also tell her must cooperate with mummy, drink milk milk for at least 25 mins etc. sounds weird talking to a baby but it helps. you can try talking to your boy too.

Best of luck k. let's all work hard with our baby

Worthy Lady

EDD May 2012 Mummies!

hi Meilynn,

I too talk to my boy with encouraging words.. mayb like you say he mayb confuse with bottle teats & my nipples. Those times I tried, I do it before his feeding time so that he wont b that hungry & cry like mad, & I will also standby a bottle of breastmilk & formula in case he doesnt latch.. & I'll drip few drops of d breastmilk on his lips or on my nipples to lead him to suckle.

these doesnt realy help I guess.. & only d 1st time I heard his swallowing that assure me he got d milk, 2nd time he suckle I saw he's only sucking d nipple not d areola then let go after few seconds..

I will continue to try at least once a day & hopefully its not bcos of my smelly body if not gota wait till after confinement then try harder again.

Female Attendant

miracle25 & Meilynn,

Regarding the nipple confusion, there are some special bottles teats that mimic the breasts. I need to find a way for others to feed my baby when she's back home and I'm not around without causing nipple confusion so that she can continue to latch on. I have a calma teat from Medela that came with the pump. Not sure if I should get other brands too. Saw that there's Dr Brown and one other one as well.. Read online that some babies do not want to latch on after they drink from bottle as they got used to the faster flow compared to the slow flow from breasts.

A quick survey: what bottles are you ladies using and what formula milk (if any)?

Worthy Lady
    Hi mummies!
    I wanna know how you deal with night feeding--do you 1) not wake baby up to do direct latch on but let CL to feed him with formula; 2) let CL feed with ebm; 3) wake up when baby cry and latch on directly

Need your advice as I have this problem now

Worthy Lady
    Quote Originally Posted by sunkissed View Post
    miracle25 & Meilynn,

Regarding the nipple confusion, there are some special bottles teats that mimic the breasts. I need to find a way for others to feed my baby when she's back home and I'm not around without causing nipple confusion so that she can continue to latch on. I have a calma teat from Medela that came with the pump. Not sure if I should get other brands too. Saw that there's Dr Brown and one other one as well.. Read online that some babies do not want to latch on after they drink from bottle as they got used to the faster flow compared to the slow flow from breasts.

A quick survey: what bottles are you ladies using and what formula milk (if any)?
    I bought Medela Calma even before I delivered as my friend told me it was the best teat in the market that's mimic the mothers nipple and makes the baby work for his milk. After a lot of research it seems to be the popular teat around and my friend swears by it. I have yet to introduce it to my baby and after speaking to the LC the other day she also agreed that I should only introduce it when baby is 4 weeks upwards (quite a number of website suggest 6-8 weeks as best time to intro bottle)

The Calma also supposedly will allow you to do both latch and bottle feed without any problems or confusion. Hope to start it in the next 2 weeks or so after I consult the pediatrician again. If anyone has started earlier would love to hear!

Worthy Lady
    Quote Originally Posted by chendolgal View Post
    Hi mummies!
    I wanna know how you deal with night feeding--do you 1) not wake baby up to do direct latch on but let CL to feed him with formula; 2) let CL feed with ebm; 3) wake up when baby cry and latch on directly

I feed on demand - when baht wakes up. I dont't wait til the baby cries cos by then it's too late and a sign of real hunger and can get frustrating for both mom/baby. When I first got discharged I was really tired so CL wld take turns to feed baby with EBM which I expressed earlier. Now that I'm used to routine, the CL wld wake me up to latch baby on

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by chendolgal View Post
    Hi mummies!

Need to establish a schedule based on your baby's drinking habits. Ask your CL re her drinking time at night.

I will typically get baby to latch on around 11plus at night. She will next feed around 3plus. For this feed, my CL will use the EBM to feed her using cup or spoon. Unless my gal spits out the milk, else we will not use bottle. If EBM not enuf, my CL will feed or supplement with formula.

The next feed around 6 plus n I will wake up for her to latch on. Initially when my engorgement was very bad, I got my CL to wake me up throughout the night n I get baby tto latch on. Helps my engorgement issue but mummy will be sleep deprived. Also, I Realised I need to at least pump once from 12am to 6am else the breasts will be sore n heavy. Still trying to work out the best solution So that I can sleep wifout the need to wake up during this timing.

Rem that if possible, feed when baby wakes up. If you wait until baby cries, wil need time to soothe baby before drinking. By then both mummy n baby will get frustrated.

Bf-ing def is alk about practice N practice so continue to jia you k.
    Last edited by Meilynn; 20-05-2012 at 07:38 AM.

Worthy Lady

EDD May 2012 Mummies!

The thread has now more n more posts on breastfeeding issues and sharing than poor mummies still waiting with long necks like me! Lol... I also want to be talking on bf soon!

After today, it will be the start of the Lunar leap month of April. Looks like my boy will only have his lunar birthday once in a blue moon. Apparently the next lunar leap month of April only comes back in 2020, and the next one in 2058! :O

Imperial Concubine

Quote Originally Posted by Rzena View Post
    The thread has now more n more posts on breastfeeding issues and sharing than poor mummies still waiting with long necks like me! Lol... I also want to be talking on bf soon!

After today, it will be the start of the Lunar leap month of April. Looks like my boy will only have his lunar birthday once in a blue moon. Apparently the next lunar leap month of April only comes back in 2020, and the next one in 2058! :O
    Seem like our boys wanna be special!!Haha

Mine been pushing himself down adding pressure to my VJJ whole nite. Its seem like my boy is stubborn to be out!! Btw my panties liner is wet n sticky last nite. No smell or color. But after I change no more sticky fluid to now

Worthy Lady

Dear Rzena, Climsp

your boys are def making you wait. But like I always say, def worth the wait

Guess within this week you should be popping so very soon you can start talking about bf too. Lol!
    Also, rem we said before we want to meet up after you ladies clear your confinement period? Still waiting to meet you gals with your baby. Let's look forward k.

In this meanwhile, monitor your conditions k. I m counting down with you ladies for your lil grand arrival.

Worthy Lady

Me too... been having alot of pressure down there, and alot of discharge too.
    And I'm having quite a lot of contractions the whole day since Friday, but they are still not real labour contractions yet, as assessed by my gynae yesterday.

Let's see who is next Climsp...we jiayou together!

Quote Originally Posted by climsp View Post
    Seem like our boys wanna be special!!Haha

Mine been pushing himself down adding pressure to my VJJ whole nite. Its seem like my boy is stubborn to be out!! Btw my panties liner is wet n sticky last nite. No smell or color. But after I change no more sticky fluid to now

Worthy Lady

Yes...waiting and looking forward to meet up! Looks like you all have to wait for us... the last few May mummies.. :P
    Thanks for the encouragement Meilynn....

Quote Originally Posted by Meilynn View Post
    Dear Rzena, Climsp

your boys are def making you wait. But like I always say, def worth the wait

Guess within this week you should be popping so very soon you can start talking about bf too. Lol!
    Also, rem we said before we want to meet up after you ladies clear your confinement period? Still waiting to meet you gals with your baby. Let's look forward k.

In this meanwhile, monitor your conditions k. I m counting down with you ladies for your lil grand arrival.