This is a discussion on EDD June 2013 within the Year 2013 Mummy forum, part of the Mummy Meeting Place category; Hi mummies, been away for quite awhile. My girl also drink 100ML per 3 hours now. And can last 5-7hours ...
Hi mummies, been away for quite awhile. My girl also drink 100ML per 3 hours now. And can last 5-7hours at night without milk while sleeping.
I delivered at thomson, normal delivery with epi. But i also paid 4.1k cash after deducting medisave. Like very expensive...
When I brought my girl for her 1st month injection, the nurse said my girl is above average based on the chart. She's weighing 4.3kg by then. birth weight is 2.9kg.
hi mommies.. any little one who is sleeping most of the time? my little one is 6 weeks old and sleeps most of the time. i am alternating with ebm and direct latching.. she's taking about 80 ml every 2-2.5 hours while on EBM.
Hi Mommies,Anyone looking for a experienced nanny/babysitter coming Jan 2014?Location : HougangPls PM or email me at FerlyWorm@yahoo.com.sgThanks!
Cincin, you're one lucky mummy!! Mine keeps wanting to be carried, ie... awake and wants to be entertainedOriginally Posted by cincin:807991
Hi I'm new here and a new mom. Gave birth to my baby girl on 2 June. She was 2.880kg and weighs 4.7kg now. I'm feeding her ebm in the day and formula at night. She's drinking 120ml now every 3 hourly or so. At night she can sleep for 5 hours or more after each feed. Her longest record was 7 hours and i had to woke her up for milk
Fyi, 5-in-1 injection at polyclinic is free.
Can i be added to the group too
Hi Baby Julia, sure! Just PM me your Facebook username or email so that I can add you as a friend and then to the group!Originally Posted by Baby Julia:810878
Hi any mommies doing total bf here? How freq does your baby latch & for how long?
My boi born 3 June still latch about every hour or so in the day. Though middle of the night feeds are reducing. (now only once or twice)
I'm doing total bf, and my girl latches on every 1.5-2hrs. Each feed will take 30-45min. Quite tiring but as long as she is healthy, i will press on..
just to share, im also doing birthday/full month party banners for kids.
you can view my artworks at www.facebook.com/valenbanners
Hi all mommies, this is my maiden post and my little girl is born on 11 jun..wanted to give exclusive breast milk but supply dont seems to be enough so gotta supplement with fm. For those who express, what is your freq and vol? I used to do 4 hrly but shortenin to 3 hrly to meet baby demands..per express only about 100ml and baby started to b able to take 110-120ml now..
I would like to join the facebook grp to get to know more mommies. Pls add me @ firstname.lastname@example.org
i used to pump every 3 hourly but now no time so i'm doing it about every 5-7 hourly. the supply seems to be about the same as when i was pumping more often. i'm supplementing with 1-2 feed of fm at night.
I'm doing direct bf fully too! Used to give a feed of fm at night but have since stopped... dear son feeds almost every hour in the day, for about 10-15mins and about 3 times at night.. Born on 5th June.. Can mummies share their babies birth weight and current weight too? Mine was 3.06kg at birth and 5.1kg at 8 weeks..
Hope experienced mommies can help with the following:
- do i need to sterilise the milk bottle after every use? my mother in law prefers to rinse with hot water and im a bit concern if its good enuf
- should i train my girl to have a fixed drinking schedule at night so that it will be easier for me when i go back to work?
- should i wake my girl up for feeding in the day?
- my girl doesnt pass motion everyday...sometimes can be up to 5-7 days....is it common?
- should i cont to swaddle my girl? i noticed that she is struggling to get her hands out in her sleep. but if i dont swaddle, she'll rub her face and wave her hands in the air....seems to affect her sleep.
- should i cont to put on mittens and booties? im concern that she'll feel cold and scratch her face.
- how should i dress her in the day and night so that she will not feel too hot nor catch a cold?
Thanks in advance!
Hi baby Julia! Have mostly the same concerns as you so I hope other mommies can share! I do have some insight on a few of your qns though, through enquiring during my antenatal classes.
Babies dont't have to pass motion everyday, ESP for bf babies. This may be a good thing even, cos it means baby is digesting everything, hence no waste. Of cos, provided that she is happy and gaining enough weight with 5/6 wet diapers a day.
Recommended to dress baby just one layer more than YOU would be comfy in
As for mittens, it's time to remove them so baby can start experimenting with their fingers, learn to grab things and self soothe etc. this is the stage whereby they are realizing that they have limbs attached to them lol. I still wear mittens for my boy at night in the air con room after he has fallen asleep though...
my girl has started to eat her fist lol.
Anyone's teething already? Mine has about 6 since he was 6w!
So glad to have company! But nowadays my son not only feeds every hour, he cluster feeds from 8pm+ till 3am! Driving me nutz! Then sleeps thru till morning 7,8am. Does anyone else experience this? Asked pediatrician, he said is norm for breastfed babies....faintzzzz
My baby born 3 June. At birth 3.66kg now 6.08kg.
mine cluster feeds from 9pm till 12midnight sometimes, then wakes at 5plus... So tempted to give him fm at night but I shall try to persevere...
May I ask how often you all change diapers? For me i change immediately if there is poo, and if I'm using Kao Merries diaper, I will change every 4-5 hours... If huggies then every 2hours or so..
Cherryfrozz, how long are your feeding sessions usually? Mine around 7-9mins per side usually... But my son usually takes one side only, even if he is awake. But if I do manage to make him take both sides, he can last about 2h+ before next feed...
I'm a first time mum, so still figuring things out. But can share my experiences..
My girl was 2.69kg at birth, 4.2kg at 8th week.
- I have a few bottles. After every feed, I will soak the bottles first. 'Accumulate' a few bottles then wash and sterilise at one go.
- Mine no fixed schedule. Just feed on demand. Usually she will wake up between 2-3+am and then 5-6+am to feed.
- Mine also doesn't pass motion everyday. Today she 4th day never poo poo already. I have read on some breastfeeding network before that this is normal for bf babies, although in our adult mind, a few days seems like constipation already.
- I took out her mittens and booties in the day since she was 5weeks old so that she can explore. She is licking and eating her fist already. Very cute... At night, I will put back the mittens and booties so that she doesn't scratch herself in her sleep. After removing the mittens, she will definitely scratch herself. We just have to be more diligent in cutting her fingernails. And day time, we can 'keep watch' over her.
Last edited by Faitheee; 02-08-2013 at 10:27 PM.
Mine every 1.5-2hrs, for 30min at least. I always wonder how come some babies can latch on 15min and done .. Envious.
Btw how are your babies napping? I have a wakeful baby......
Faitheee, cluster feeding means feeding "non-stop" within a time frame period.. Merries is really good, absorbs well and keeps baby dry even when diaper is q full and never leaks unless my baby is sleeping on his tummy. I use a cloth diaper cover to wear over when my baby wants to sleep on his tummy and his solves the leaking prob!
Meries is abit pricier but I feel it's q worth the money because dont't have to change as often as compared to a "lousier" diaper that can't hold as well.. I also heard some mommies saying that you dont't even have to put nappy rash cream for baby if he is wearing Merries, but I'm kiasu, haha..
my baby is wakeful too unless I rock him to sleep in my arms, in the car, or if I sleep next to him and let him latch till he is sound asleep.. Sometimes once I put him down he wakes up immediately and cries to be carried, even before his head reaches the pillow -.-
Soetimes my baby only wants to latch for 5mins! I'm instead envious of babies who can latch on for longer periods like 30mins, my milk supply isn't fantastic and I've to worry if I've enough milk or if he's drinking enough ;(
Last edited by Littlekk; 02-08-2013 at 11:41 PM.