I mean MsSaggi! Silly iPhone!
This is a discussion on EDD March 2013 within the Year 2013 Mummy forum, part of the Mummy Meeting Place category; Originally Posted by MsSaggi Hi luckymum, I'll be seeing her on the 6th.. My second appt with her. I heard ...
After delivery I heard how some mummies had bad stitches and the wound hurts. My stitch was good, thou slightly smaller than original! Hehehe..
i could get of the bed to walk almost immediately except for giddiness. The next day I walking like I never delivered like that! So I feel she is a very good seamstress!
I mean MsSaggi! Silly iPhone!
Finally went for my first check up today since pregnancy.
Saw my baby heartbeat flicker on the screen lol. Me n hubby think it looks like a bean ! 8 weeks now. Doc says my edd most likely 10 March ordered me to go home n rest gave me 3 days mc as im having flu, sorethroat and quite terrible morning sickness. Next month will b testing for the down syndrome. Can't wait to see baby again
I wanna shop for baby stuff but quite lost on where or how to start lol
Dear ardz. have not't heard fRom you in a long while. Hope all is going well on your side. You are always active on this page suddenly go mia. Keep in touch. God bless
Yeahh, saw my baby's heart flickering during the ultrasound during my 6 week scan... Heartbeat still quite faint though.. Hopefully my next visit at 8 weeks will be better.. Hehe!
As for baby stuff, I've already grab the sterilizer promotion from spring maternity & also a playard since I like the design so much & it has limited set.. Kiasu right . Hehehe! ;p
ArDz, ya.. We have not't heard from you for quite sometime.... How are you doing ? & I really hope everything is ok for you dear... Take care & hope to hear from you soon....
Ohh & dear all, I'm wondering if it's normal that my breast feels less sore lately compared to the past few weeks ?
Me too, next month will be having OSCAR scan for down syndrome. Do hope everything is fine for us! : ) Yup, can't wait to see my baby during next visit : )
Please share if there is any good lobang for baby stuff.
Congratulations Baby Jade! I feel the same when I saw baby flickering heartbeat and was assured as doc said my waterbag was very round so its a good pregnancy.
MsSaggi, my breast are not sore at all. So maybe the body auto-tuned? One thing to note is by month 7 and month 8 no more wire bras. By that time you could be wearing nursing bra. As wire bra can cause the milk ducts to be blocked, soon the breast will just be another organ! hehehe.. I'm looking forward to be a cow again!
I think some things to invest on would be:
1) A good pram (i didnt get such a good one, thinking back I would prefer one that can swivel between baby back facing and forward facing, can one hand operate to open and close, in case need to take taxi alone)
2) A good baby carrier (I love my manduca, get one with waist support,like ergo, beco, etc, amongst those I choose manduca cos i went to touch and feel the material I feel is more solid. We can do a spree direct from EU and get a cheaper price when the time is nearer)
3) Bottle warmer (i used avent, no good, i would recommend pigeon, KK also use pigeon mainly it can be set at 40degC, so wont overheat the milk)
5) Breast Pump (one that can control and change suction speed and power and can be battery operated also)
6) Snaps or zip sleepsuit
7) Good cooler bag (i got fridge to go, rec by another mummy, my breast milk can keep frozen for 6 hours! get those the ice pack and remove and freeze without the actual bag)
8) Nursing cloth (very useful in hospital when need to bf and people visiting - i showed my colleagus my breast when they came to see me cos all woman already, else the guest all wait outside.)
9) Wash cloths- i buy the lovable friends ones
10) Baby Towels
11) Baby Oil
12) Swaddle cloth with velcro (keeps them swaddled and secure, then no need to worry dont know how to swaddle also, its dummy proof)
13) Pacifier (maybe wont use but good to standby, they are life savers!)
14) Milk bottle (i choose NUK as the teat is most similar to nipple and my girl didnt have any problems of nipple confusion during my bf-ing, i rec silicon teat. I made mistake to start her on latex teat only recently then wean to silicon teat.)
15) Postnatal massage package- this one important! I didnt do good one, my boss was more slim then before preg so I'm gonna call the one she used!
16) Booties and mittens- just 3-4 sets for wash and change is more than enough as they only use for first 1-2 months
17) Prenatal photographer- it's like a memory of preg, after delivering i miss being preg so much! hehehe..
18) Lots of cotton! - to wash baby backside! After the need to use then i realised how expensive they are!
19) Baby Cot- I had a hand down from friend, that can adjust to 4 heights and ultimately convert to sleeping bed, the side rail can also be lowered. So it doubles as a changing table. When baby got bigger i just change her on my bed.
All these things best to buy and stock during baby fairs! I'm the type that only buy things during sales! hehehe...
I think the next baby sale in Nov I will go stock up on diapers and baby wipes already!
Neymo... Yah take care I remember during my No 1, I think I coughed for like one month.
It might take a long time to recover but I am like you, I prefer to let my own immune system do the work.
Actually I didn't do a good draining of bf , sometimes will still leak some milk. But now cannot massage the breast too much already cos will cos some uterus contraction. So too bad, see what happens when I deliver . The size still the same, can't wait for it to get bigger if it does! wahahaha.. i read an article before that indian's get the most milk supply. They study linked it to them eating yoghurt. So during my number one I drink one vitagen everyday. In the end my milk supply not bad also. You all can try... hehehe...
Thanks luckymum for your wonderful advices... Soooo much thing to learn for FTM. Sounds pretty challenging : )
Im scientist therefore I extremely understand the mechanism of action of different drugs on our systemic body and I become more cautious during pregnancy. So I drank warm honey + red dates water a whole day then next day I was fully recovered from coughing and sorethroat : )
Really? Drinking vitagen will boost up the milk production? Cos I drink it everday : )
Wow! You're a scientist? What is your area of specialty? I was a food technologist! so similar family! hehehe...
I hope I didnt scare you with the long list! Just some mistakes I had made so you no need to go through it. Hope it does help! I will go scout for sales and keep you guys updated eh!
Yah I can't remember which study it was, coincidently I also like vitagen and a drank it everyday, I could pump like 310ml each pump, which is like for 3 feeds. So before my maternity end I had good supply in storage and tbf for one year. So maybe its does work! But during my bf-ing days I replenish lots of fluids (i heard one drop of milk requires three drop of blood for production) hence pump 300ml drink back one litre water and a balanced diet as well. I also had helped at home so not much stress. It could all add up.
I think the cleverest thing I did was to get my maid in before I delivery so my CL helped me trained the maid! hehehe..
Hi Lucky mum
Thanks for the tips on what to stock up. I am still confused on alot of things. May I know if we can use medisave at the womans clinics?
any 2nd time mummy here? Are you gg for the down syndrome test this round?
I did it for my first, was low risk and was thinking not to do it this round to save some $$? What do you think?
I am 9 weeks now.
Isit really necessary to do the Oscar test for a FTM ?
Halo luckymum, I'm doing cancer research : ) wow.. You are food technologist then I should listen to you in many food aspect in pregnancy : ) yup, science is amazing because it relates everything in our life and in fact pregnancy is a science as well : )
I do really wish to do breast feeding and work harder in proper way for milk boost up : ) vitagen sounds good to me : )
Hmmm.. It is really hard to judge whether it is necessary to do OSCAR test because this is not compulsory but to reassure parents to have a healthy baby.. As for myself, I am definitely wanna to do this test due to my age.
Just a sharing, my elder sis is expecting hers as third baby. Unfortunately she was diagnosed with moderate risk of Down Syndrome (1:193). So she had decided to go for invasive testing-amnionecentisis to confirm the result. Thank God! Her baby is extremely healthy without the abnormality of trisomy 21. Her first and second pregnancy were at low risk but this time round was different. So I'd say it is really up to you to decide caused we will definitely lov our baby regardless of anything : )
Also, wanna check with anyone of you the Oscar scanning fee that you guys engage?
I took the package from THomson Medical Centre -OScar + 20th weeks full scan =SGD 460++. Is the package normal?
ive been drinking honey water. rinsing my throat with salt water.
doc gave me 3 days hospital leave to rest. but i'm terribly bored at home... lol. but when i'm working i 'm too sleepy and tired. aiyo~ friends are all so busy working and going on with their own lives. i just do housework at home until bit tired. start watching korean and hk drama and sleep in the afternoon. nowadays i have trouble falling asleep at night and starts to have boody ache. i like to sleep on my tummy. but not sure if this will affect the baby?
wow thanks luckymum for your advice! hehe. i have no idea how to start but probably need to keep a look out and follow to your list. thanks dear!
babyjade, your doctor gave hospitalization leave? Cause I actually used up my MC as i was suffering from migraine.. I'm wondering if my gynae can issue HL?
hi dear mummies any baby fairs lately? or seminars?
perhaps us mummies can meet and go together?
LOL* need friends. my friends are too busy with their work life and at the same time i'm not telling most people of my pregnancy before the 3 months cos my in laws scared 'pan tang'