This is a discussion on EDD September 2013 Mummies within the Year 2013 Mummy forum, part of the Mummy Meeting Place category; Originally Posted by skt I am so envy of the mummies here who are into 15th week where I presume ...
Yup my Babymoon is gonna be at Bangkok mum also warned me its gonna be hot but we will just have to be careful and keep indoors most of the time we also considered Taiwan, Maldives and London but i was afraid of the flight duration. Silly me, even Taiwan 4 hours plus I am afraid.
WHY CONFINEMENT CENTERS?
Confinement centre is an ideal place for postpartum moms to stay and rest during their confinement period. Confinement centre provides proper nutrition meals, physical hygiene and good rest for postpartum moms. For newborns, there will be experienced confinement nannies to handle and take care of them in confinement centres, as opposed to the grandparents whose experiences are limited to the children/grandchildren they had.
Confinement Centre is the best choice for those couple who does not want to bother their parents or mother-in-law. Confinement centre is also a very good place for those who dont’t have extra space for a confinement nanny to stay in with them. It is also ideal for those could not find a trusted/recommended confinement nanny in advance.
Advantages of having confinement period in confinement centre:
1) Postpartum mom who decides to stay in confinement centre will not need to source for a trusted/reliable confinement nanny and end up with problematic ones who cannot communicate with them or leave halfway through the confinement month. The postpartum mom will be taken care of by the confinement nannies inside confinement centre and any problems they have can be resolved through the management in the center;
2) The postpartum mom will be given excellent and superior care by well trained and experienced confinement nannies within the confinement centre under the supervision of management in the center;
3) The confinement centre will always open their door for you regardless of your actual delivery date, whether it is much earlier or later than your expected date. The experienced confinement nannies will always be on standby for you 24 hours a day in the confinement centre;
4) The confinement centre will provide full support and assistance to postpartum mom for instant detailed information and facts, reading supplies for preparation list or even shopping list prior your delivery;
5) In confinement centre, everything had been included inside the chosen package, hence you are able to plan and arrange your finance properly and effectively;
6) In confinement centre, postpartum mom is not required to worry about what confinement meal to prepare for every single meal, what ingredients to buy & etc. Everything will be handled professionally by the confinement centre.
7) In confinement centre, every meals are well researched and prepared with a variety of choices everyday according to the different stages of recovery after confinement;
8) In confinement centre, postpartum mom and newborns are going to be taken care of by the confinement nannies 24 hours every day.
9) In confinement centre, your requests will be attended to immediately by the confinement nannies.
10) Contact us now if you want to find out more about our center and services!
I thought iron pills will make us constipate? I feel giddy too if I stand too long ESP in the mornings
btw, do any of you eat subway? Can we? Been wanting to eat tuna subway! But I think tuna is no good coz of possible mercury content?
my skin IS super dry. and to make things worse i go swimming and after that you can really see my ankles are white-ish and my shins are scaly..haha! i get lazy with lotion though...but will apply in the morning before work. certain handcream smells really turn me off now. my cheeks are also dry.
As for body pillow. the you-shaped one looks really comfy. i heard a shop in katong 112 is selling it for $129. will check out when i have time..as dont't think 4 pillows will fit in my bed. teehee
My doc prescribed me iron pills, i feel sick after eating for the initial starting weeks & it definitely makes you constipate. but i read that iron pills will help to energize you and also prevent hair loss! my doc says must eat till deliver..but anyway now the iron pills doesn't have any sick effect on me anymore.
me counting down to 2nd tri!!! does it start in 13th or 14th week? I can't wait! hehe
What lotions to apply that r save?
Yes my skin is very dry too. And my body itch especially the torso. The stretching of the skin will cause itch too so I believe thats why. The stretch mark cream should help reduce itch as well, so I apply 2 or 3 times/day sometimes. A small area on the face where I had eczema in the past is resurfacing ever since start of pregnancy. I got a steroid cream from the Gynae thats safe for pregnancy and use it every 2 or 3 days...Originally Posted by skt:772073
I do not have recommended lotions for pregnant ladies. But when comes to fragrance-free body lotion for sensitive skin, Physiogel and QV are my favourite.
Went for a short shopping session last evening to utilize my cash rebate. Bought two sets new born baby romper (Max Kool brand from Kiddy Palace, $16.90 each). Yet to know the baby gender so I bought both in white. I am told no need too many clothes for new born as they outgrow very fast. But am not sure exactly how many will I need~?
Have zero idea exactly what are the things baby need and which brand is the best and I hesitate alot for some items, keep thinking I hope to get them at 2nd-hand price. So I just get a baby cotsheet for changing diapers (will never go wrong I think, this baby cotsheet has always been used during my grandmother's time!) and face towels. Gota becareful when choosing baby clothing and face towels, the material must be gentle for baby delicate skin.
I also went to Toys R US to buy a playmat! Most playmat I saw were $100 over but I saw this 100m x200m at only $49.95 and grabbed it immediately.
Just had my scan and I'm expecting a princess!
Can check out Baby R Us too! It's at City Square Mall. Farrer Park MRT station. I've been window shopping there as I won't buy anything till I move.
Skt: I know what you mean!! I dont know how many items to buy. I doubt baby will only wear one outfit a day cos they will dirty the clothes quick. But they grow so fast!! And what if baby is taller or bigger than the sizes stated? My niece is almost 2 years old but she wears 4 years old clothes.
StellaC : Congrats on your baby girl!
Last edited by raoow; 26-03-2013 at 01:00 PM.
StellaC: congrats!! can play dressing up on her!!
raoow: yahhh! i think those clothes for 3-6mths should be okay for newborn, just a little loose but better than tight without comfort.
thanks @raoow and @skt! already went to buy her first booties and my friend bought me baby bibs. hehe.
i think baby clothes have to buy quite a few since need to change regularly, although it's true they'll grow out of it really fast.. my friend just told me that there were some clothes her girl wore once and cannot wear already! also, when we go shopping, it'd be pretty hard to resist the temptation to buy baby stuff.. they're sooooo cute! especially the girl things, all so girly, pinky, frilly =)
How many weeks are you? I m dying to know gender but I m only at week 15! Usually they say if boys can see earlier! Heh.
@ raoow - which subway do you eat?
i am at 16 weeks now. i think some gynae can scan even earlier than that =)
Sunbeams, I eat the cold cut trio and chicken ranch! But must make sure they are toasted. Add extra sauce super shiok!!!
For tuna sandwich, I have the ones from Delifrance. Love their baked potato with tuna too!!
Hi mummies i really need help here. My daughter is 6 mths and 2 weeks old, she has been sleeping well until when she turned 6 months+ she started waking up every 2-3 hours in the night and even in the day she doesn't wants to sleep. she will nap for maybe 30 mins and than wakes up. does any mummy face the same problem as me? but she's eating,pooing,playing well. i'm so exhausted!
Anyone looking for cf lady? I have a good one to intro: Aunty Mary
Very experience lady that knows all sorts of confinement food, methods to reduce jaundice in baby within short period, food to take if baby is having jaudice, etc.
She also does post natal massage and is really a full time cf lady that does not need the mummy to take care of baby during the feeds including night time.
Different food menu for everyday ...
She is really a one-stop station for everyone ...
Contact her at 82619739 or +60167421551
I gg for my 17 weeks scan tomorrow... Can't wait! Hope can tell the gender!
@StellaC, congrats on your baby girl!
Anyone else noes the gender alrdy?
Can we eat XO slice fish beehoon? I totally forgot about not being able to take alcohol and had one spoonful of soup that day and the XO was so strong that it jolted my memory and I immediately stopped drinking..hehe
I think alcohol gets evaporated after its cooked right? Just like Hua diao jiu... Correct me if I'm wrong?
So it's safe? I think Hua diao jiu is safe