Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Quit Work after Maternity Leave?

This is a discussion on Quit Work after Maternity Leave? within the Year 2015 Mummy forum, part of the Mummy Meeting Place category; Hello Mummies, I dont't like my job and was planning to change job before I found out I was pregnant. ...

Female Attendant
    Smile Quit Work after Maternity Leave?

Hello Mummies,

I dont't like my job and was planning to change job before I found out I was pregnant. So I decided to stay on when I found out I was expecting for the $$ and maternity leave.

I'm planning to resign and look for another job after my maternity leave ends. My contract requires me to serve 1 month notice. My question is: after I come back from maternity (4 months), do I have to work for 1 month, then resign, and serve another 1 month notice to avoid paying back my maternity leave? Means in total I must work 2 months?

Or can I tender the 1st day I come back to work?

Any experience mummy can share their experience?

Worthy Lady
    Hi Amillia, previously when I was pregnant my boss and I have already made a mutual agreement that I will resign straight after my maternity leave as I am the main caregiver of my son. As such, I only serve 1 month notice after maternity leave.

If I am not wrong, you are not allowed to resign straight after ML, best to discuss with your boss and HR to see if they can allow this if you have a good reason.

Female Attendant
    Re: Quit Work after Maternity Leave?

It depends on individual companies. Small and Mid Level Companies tend to more flexible.

You should speak to your boss about it ONLY when you return back to work or in your final 2 weeks of your maternity leave.

Bosses know that there's always a high chance of staff not returning to work after maternity leave. They might waiver your 1 month notice and you need to work for a month.

Should the company engages a temp staff to cover you, they may just want you to report on your first day to sign clearance.