How to Prevent White Hair
- Consult a doctor if your hair is prematurely turning gray or white.
- Add healthy doses of vitamin B, iron, folic acid, copper and iodine to your diet immediately. Fish and seafood are excellent sources of these vitamins and minerals.
- Consume vegetable and juice drinks which include carrot, lettuce and alfalfa, and avoid foods that devitalize or take away from your energy reserves such as soft drinks, refined sugars, white flours and pastries.
- Include Indian Gooseberry in your diet as often as possible. Additionally, make a tonic with Indian gooseberry, lemon slices and coconut oil; massage it into your scalp and leave in place for an hour three times per week. Rinse thoroughly afterward. Indian Gooseberry is a well-recognized treatment for prevention of white hair.
- Create a monthly schedule in which you massage your scalp and hair with Rosemary oil, curry leaves boiled in coconut milk, plain black tea or ribbed gourd soaked in coconut oil. Aim for a treatment at least once a week. You may vary these treatments or stick to the one that works best for you.
- Maintain an overall healthy lifestyle that includes exercise and a nutritious diet.
How to Grow Healthy Dark Hair
- Stop hair growth-inhibiting bad habits such as excessive smoking, alcohol consumption and abuse of prescription and recreational drugs.
- Incorporate foods rich in protein, vitamin B and Omega 3 fatty acids like salmon into your diet to prevent excess hair stress, which can cause premature graying and dark hair damage.
- A popular home remedy of 2 tablespoons of sage in half a liter of boiling water is said to darken gray hair gradually when used as a weekly or daily rinse.
- Another home remedy for darkening gray hair consists of making a weekly poultice from henna powder, yogurt, coffee, fenugreek, basil juice and mint juice. Apply for three hours and then shampoo.
- Remiinex GH Extra Strength is a vitamin supplement that may prevent premature gray for men and women with dark or light hair.
- VitaGray is a vitamin supplement that may work to darken gray hair by acting on our body’s naturally produced amino acid called homocysteine.
- The BOOST line of hair products include shampoo, conditioner and hair vitamins and may help darken gray hair with the herbal extract Foti..
- Use shampoos that contain PABA, Lenoleic Acid, B complex vitamins, vitamin E and natural herbs to promote healthy hair and help maintains its natural dark color.
- As a final result, consider rubbing Emu oil into your scalp. Many cultures believe it darkens gray hair as it provides deep conditioning.