This is a discussion on plum sauce chicken (quick & easy) within the Healthy Cooking Recipe forum, part of the Food and Cooking Forums category; 1. Lightly season the chicken with salt and pepper. 2. For every chicken leg, you need about 1 tablespoon of ...
1. Lightly season the chicken with salt and pepper.
2. For every chicken leg, you need about 1 tablespoon of plum sauce. Rub the sauce all over the chicken and put a bit of it under the skin. Let it marinate for a few minutes.
3. In a saucepan, heat up a bit of cooking oil.
4. Put the marinated chicken (skin-side down) in the hot oil, together with all the marinating sauce.
5. Pour in a bit of water and stir in to mix with the sauce cooking in the pan. This is to prevent it from burning.
6. Every time the sauce seems to be becoming too thick, add a bit of water and stir it.
7. Once the chicken skin in browned, turn the chicken over.
8. To test if the chicken is done, insert a skewer or chopstick into the meaty part near the bone. If it goes in easy and does not come out bloody, the chicken is cooked.
9. Serve with plain white rice.