Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Am I miscarrying?

This is a discussion on Am I miscarrying? within the First Trimester forum, part of the Pregnancy Forum category; After the birth of my healthy first child, my periods have been irregular with cycles having 35-45 days. I am ...

Female Attendant
    Am I miscarrying?

After the birth of my healthy first child, my periods have been irregular with cycles having 35-45 days.
    I am still nursing my 14 month old to sleep at night although my milk supply is significantly lower.
    About a month ago, I got a positive pregnancy test and was over the moon, especially since ovulation and periods were erratic and we are also ready for a second child.

However, recent trips to the gynae reveal only a gestational sac and yolk sac. During one visit, there was a hint of fetal pole, according to the doctor.
    Last week, I had spots of brownish discharge but I thought them to be normal as I had similar experience with my first pregancy. UNfortunately, the bleeding became worse and now every day, there is red blood that I wipe off when I visit the ladies. No cramps or pain.
    The doctors at KK told me there was no gushing of blood and that the cervix was still closed, and that I should return if the bleeding volume increases.

I am not trying to set myself up for disappointment. I have a horrible feeing that I am miscarrying. I was given some dygosgesterone previously and I am not sure if the pills are delaying my miscarriage.
    I think am somewhere between Week 6-9... I can't be sure.

Any advice?

Hi. Maybe you're still early so can't spot heartbeat yet. As for the bleeding, only time will tell but you need to stay positive for now ya. When's your next scan?

A gf of mine is now 5mths ish preggie and she does have bleeding now and then. Doc found out she has a polyps at cervix so that's why.

Female Attendant
    Re: Am I miscarrying?

You mentioned that bleeding has gotten worse everyday. There's definitely something wrong if you bleed that much. Your gynae must be able to tell if miscarriage is happening. Have you checked for 2nd opinion? Otherwise if the baby is okay (which I hope would be) then we can't ignore possibilities that something might be happening in your cervix. It's not about being negative, it's just trying to figure out what's happening before it's too late.