Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Any gynae to intro in jurong area?

This is a discussion on Any gynae to intro in jurong area? within the First Trimester forum, part of the Pregnancy Forum category; Hi, I have just discovered dat i'm preggie...went to see a GP and was suggested to visit a gynae 2 ...

Female Attendant

Question Any gynae to intro in jurong area?

Hi, I have just discovered dat i'm preggie...went to see a GP and was suggested to visit a gynae 2 more weeks. Should I go now or when I'm almost about 8 wks??? I'm staying in the west, so I do not want to go tooo far to see a doctor...Can someone recommend me any good doctors in the west???

Re: Any gynae to intro in jurong area?

congrats jiaqi.... for me, i went to visit gynae when my test kit shows positive, as dont want to waste time and extra $. at 2nd weeks for first and 8 weeks for 2nd (cos when i found out preggy ald 8 weeks).

early scan is double confirmation, can see growth of waterbag, 8 weeks is when baby heartbeat is showing in the waterbag.

I am staying in B. Panjang, but i visit my gynae at Thomson Medical Center, I chose her as I am comfy with her, so dont mind travelling.

My cousins visit one is Lawrence Ang from Sun plaza, who also deliver in Thomson Medical Center.
    as for west like jurong, I am not sure.

Hi Jiaqi, congrat to your preg....

read this tread post by me:
    Dr CK Tho from The London Clinic & Surgery for Woman

i'm staying in the west too and expecting my num.3, if you interested in my gynae at Jurong east, pm me, i'll give you his clinic add and contact num....

cheers!

valeriegoh

Quote Originally Posted by wenz View Post
    Hi Jiaqi, congrat to your preg....

read this tread post by me:
    Dr CK Tho from The London Clinic & Surgery for Woman

i'm staying in the west too and expecting my num.3, if you interested in my gynae at Jurong east, pm me, i'll give you his clinic add and contact num....

cheers!
    I stay at Blk 258, just 3mins walk from Dr Tho's clinic. Been under his care since i was 7weeks pregnant, now 29weeks! Can email me at valeriegoh-@hotmail.com if you need help or anything. Or if you girls come for checkup here can call me for some lunch at the market here hehe!

Female Attendant

Thank you very much for the suggestions....is now in 6 weeks...still looking around for the gynae. I called up the one at Jurong East, The London Clinic, but the doc is on holi till 18 Dec. So I am thinking of going there for a checkup. Is his sewing skills good??? I am still in phobia when I have the thought of natural birth...

valeriegoh

Quote Originally Posted by jia_qi View Post
    Thank you very much for the suggestions....is now in 6 weeks...still looking around for the gynae. I called up the one at Jurong East, The London Clinic, but the doc is on holi till 18 Dec. So I am thinking of going there for a checkup. Is his sewing skills good??? I am still in phobia when I have the thought of natural birth...
    Yea The London Clinic is good.. a little expensive though, like all other private gynae. At around 16weeks they will ask you to sign for a package which covers the rest of your consultation fees.

As for the sewing skills im not sure, first baby on the way. hee. have to ask wenz, she's expecting her 3rd baby, previous babies think under Dr Tho's care also.

hi Jiaqi and valerie, Dr Tho's sewing skill is good... very neat and 'tight' haha... the stiches will fall off by itsef within 2weeks... no pain during 'cutting and stiching'... his after birth services and care also very good.. if not i wun go back to him... ya his on holiday, my next app is actually on the 18th dec evening but may change to 23rd dec... still deciding cos may have something on.... i too have to agree his fee is slightly higher but i still find it worthwhile....

Female Attendant

Quote Originally Posted by wenz View Post
    hi Jiaqi and valerie, Dr Tho's sewing skill is good... very neat and 'tight' haha... the stiches will fall off by itsef within 2weeks... no pain during 'cutting and stiching'... his after birth services and care also very good.. if not i wun go back to him... ya his on holiday, my next app is actually on the 18th dec evening but may change to 23rd dec... still deciding cos may have something on.... i too have to agree his fee is slightly higher but i still find it worthwhile....

hi...may i know the price for the package? i think it's worth the $$ to go to him if he's good...hehe...

valeriegoh

My next appt there is on 26 Dec. Gonna test for some pregnancy diabetes there cuz my yeast infection keeps coming back.. Hope everything will b ok.

Price for package.. i think is $650 for 12 sessions or something. Cant really rmb cuz not I pay.. father in law paid. Must sign for the package if not very 'bo hua' as 1 consultation without package can be as high as $80 (my 1st or 2nd visit i paid $80+ just for consultation)

Female Attendant

There is a NUH clinic for women at Jurong East St 13, blk 130 #01-231. Tel: 66651570.

Female Attendant

Hi MioPio thanks...what is the package they are offereing and is their service good?

Female Attendant

Hi Valerie, I popped by a gynae clinc @ bukit batok and they told me the package started only during my 20th wk (can't remember exactly)..so i'm still pondering on to go to the jurong east one even though the baby one schedule for a checkup next week...

valeriegoh

Hi Valerie, I popped by a gynae clinc @ bukit batok and they told me the package started only during my 20th wk (can't remember exactly)..so i'm still pondering on to go to the jurong east one even though the baby one schedule for a checkup next week...
    Oh ok, you could go for a checkup at the baby clinic and see if you like it? The prices services, gynae, clinic, and everything. Remember to take note of package price, so that you can compare with the JE clinic!

If you dont like it you can still go to the JE Clinic since you dont have to sign for package at baby yet.

Female Attendant

Hi Jia qi

Sorry but I have not try their gynae services yet. Recently I attended a public talk conducted by their gynae associate consultant Dr Su Lin Lin. And so I got to know about their new clinic at JE which is more convenient than having to go all the way to NUH. They also provide night consultation which is another plus point in terms of service and convenience.

Perhaps you can call them to have more details.

Worthy Lady

i'm seeing Dr Kee W.H at his night clinic in jurong point.. very experienced gynae.. gave good advice when I spotted from week 7 to 10.. currently week 16... fees are a bit on the high side though..

Worthy Lady

Hi, I have just discovered dat i'm preggie...went to see a GP and was suggested to visit a gynae 2 more weeks. Should I go now or when I'm almost about 8 wks??? I'm staying in the west, so I do not want to go tooo far to see a doctor...Can someone recommend me any good doctors in the west???

My Gyane is Dr John Yam frm Acufem, but usually meet at JP Mrt there, his mum clinic... very accessible though..
    Very good doctor & going back to him for my 2nd baby..

Regards,
    LINDA
    Get Paid To Read Emails. Free To Join Now!
    http://www.emailcashpro.com/?r=adlinzul24

Hihi,

I have a question. Can you chose your desired hospital for delivery if you opt for doctor from private neighbourhood clinic? Or the gynae has their own place for delivery?

Quote Originally Posted by Jo'an View Post
    Hihi,

I have a question. Can you chose your desired hospital for delivery if you opt for doctor from private neighbourhood clinic? Or the gynae has their own place for delivery?
    Hi Jo'an, usually the gynae will have the hospital they are delivering... like my gynae at jurong east, he delivers at Mt A and Thomson Medical Center only, so you need to check with your gynae and make an options of which hospital you wanna go...

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by adlinzul View Post
    My Gyane is Dr John Yam frm Acufem, but usually meet at JP Mrt there, his mum clinic... very accessible though..
    Very good doctor & going back to him for my 2nd baby..

Regards,
    LINDA

does Acufem have female gynaes?

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by deathstaryl View Post
    does Acufem have female gynaes?
    Nope, only Dr John Yam

Regards,
    LINDA

My gynea is Professor Biswas from NUH. Very good & experienced.. very caring too..
    His stitching skills also fantastic..
    will go back to him for my future pregnancies...
    Good luck!!

Female Attendant

SBCC Women's Clinic located at Clementi. Experienced doctors and provide personalized medical care at reasonable prices. There are more information on obstetrics and gynaecology services on their website: Services |.