my triple blood test was like 1:211 and was given the option for amnio test... i was so afraid cos of the procedure... i know for sure whatever the result is we'll keep the baby. But gynae asked me this " do you want to worry for baby from now till due or you want to have a peace of mind and be prepared for it?" i was also afraid of the possible pain but for the sake of knowing my baby's condition, i decided to go ahead with it. The waiting of 2weeks for the results is like waiting for 2years.. and i am only 30yrs old..so sometimes age is not all that matters...
It's up to you if you want to go for it..no one can force you.
Hope this helps.