This is a discussion on Can we do prenatal massage in the first trimester? within the First Trimester forum, part of the Pregnancy Forum category; Hey mummies... is it advisable to do prenatal massage in the first trimester? I always have shoulders and back aching ...
is it advisable to do prenatal massage in the first trimester?
I always have shoulders and back aching due to work stress... and usually goes for massages.. however now, i m not sure if i can do some massages? Any recommendations?
Hi....mother to be,i,m ROSHA an experience lady doing a postnatal n prenatal massage.you have back pain or any problem during prenancy or cann,t found a massage lady for yourself?CALL ROSHA AT(93766413)FOR MORE INFORMATION
my mother in law does massages for prenatal and post natal.. she was advising me the other day that we preggy mummies can do massages but wait slightly till the 2nd trimester. but then the massage lady wld not touch yr tummy. she will do the rest of the body. wait until the late stage again then go for another massage. me, my mother in law will be doing( of cos)... will see how it goes
Hope this helps...
6 Benefits of Post Natal Massage
- Relieves neck and back pain caused by holding and nursing for many hours
- Speeds up the healing process of hemorrhoids or an episiotomy (To clear the blood clot)
- Helps to reduce cellulite and release toxins built up in the body
- Improves breastfeeding
- Relieves muscle fatigue and aches. Reduces water retention, swelling in legs, hands etc.
- Decreases post natal depression and get back the body shape quickly
9 Benefits of Pre Natal Massage
- Helps to reduce stress, promote well being and ease of sleep at night
- Reduces the general aches and pains you may experience during pregnancy such as: - Muscle spasms, cramps, pain in the neck, back, hips and legs.
- Reduces fluid retention and sciatic pain, lowers high blood pressure, maintain elasticity of the skin and encourage deeper, easier breathing
- Improves blood and lymphatic circulation..
- After first trimester, gentle abdominal massage can help take pressure off the pelvic wall.
- Eases musculoskeletal pains caused by stress on weight bearing joints. Reflexology can also be used throughout pregnancy to aid conditions for mother and baby.
- Reduced constipation, gas and heartburn.
- Slows the process of varicose veins
- Enhanced ability to relax deeply. Useful technique between contractions during labour.
It is generally recognized that relaxed mothers will have a happier and healthier pregnancy, so call Indah Faidah @ 9139 7178 to book your pre natal massage package.
Saw this here
It is advisable to start pre-natal massage on the fourth month of pregnancy when the pregnancy has stabilised and past the 1st trimester.
I am a mother of one and I have more than 10 years of experience in Pre/post natal massage. I am a qualified pre/post practitioner since 2006 and have completed the postgraduate training in workforce development agency, Singapore. I also completed the what Po Traditional Medical School in Thailand 2007. Recently in May 2009, I completed my “Well Mother”course organized by Shiatsu and massage for pregnancy: Well Mother in UK. I score disctinction in the course.
Please vist my blog for the Pre and Post Natal Massage for more detail Health Sense Pre-Post Natal Care