This is a discussion on Anyone request for induce at week 37? within the Third Trimester forum, part of the Pregnancy Forum category; Anyone request for induce at week 37 onwards? Feel like asking my baby come out earlier... very tired of all ...
Anyone request for induce at week 37 onwards? Feel like asking my baby come out earlier... very tired of all the back aches and pevis pain.... so painful, so hard to sleep....
And worry about my baby weight also...
at week 34+, I gain 2 kg (within 1 month) and baby is 2.7kg at week 34
at week 37, i gain another 3kg!!!!, doc didn't measure baby weight....
but i cant even walk properly now, so painful, see other ppl liike so easy, why I so difficult..... so i ask if can induce, doc say no valid reason cannot induce.....
I am a subsidized patient in KK .... the doc keep saying normal normal normal... tell her what she also say normal, i went in less than 5 mins only, seems to be rushing for time like that...
ask her about induce, she say cannot, unless with valid reason, even if want induce must also wait will 38/ 39 weeks (with valid reason)
so wanna ask if anyone request for induce...
Last edited by xicloudix; 07-04-2010 at 12:49 PM.
It is definitely better not to induce. Do you know the risks of inducing? Gynae will break your waterbag and if you do not give birth within 24 hours after breaking waterbag, they will have to perform emergency c-sect.
Pregnancy is never easy and since you have already carried your baby in you for 37 weeks, what is another 2 or 3 weeks?
Baby will come out then he or she is ready.
I dont mind waiting, but to gain 3kg in 2 weeks abit shocking for me, i scared baby gain too much weight... and they tell me i have this gestational diabeties, therefore higher chance of having a big baby....
I dont mind waiting, but scared by the time baby wanna come out, it become dangerous for the baby as he may become too big.... yet the doc seem bo chap.... keep telling me normal, then "ok , you can go" zzzzzzzzz
I also had gestational diabeties and delivered Quan when he was week 39. I had been controlling my diet since my dignosis thus I didnt put on a lot. Quan's birth weight was only 2.705 kg, normal birth.
I think it depends on whether your cervix is dilated or not. If you're dilated, it means your baby is not ready to come out yet. If you induce, it may fail and then you have to go for an emergency c-section.
I induced my girl 1 day before my EDD. I was visiting a gynae at Thomson Medical Center. Even she told me, usually she will induce only if the baby is overdue, otherwise she suggested we just wait for nature to take place. I was about 1.5cm dilated. My reason for inducing was to have our baby's birthday the same as her daddy's. Well, it was successful and I gave birth to my girl naturally and she was 2.8kg.
I think at week 37 usually if you want to have your baby early, it'll be by C-section cause most c-sects are scheduled at 37 weeks.
I think you should just hang in there and patiently wait until your baby is ready to come out. Also do watch your diet. If baby becomes too big, you will also most likely be called for a c-sect.
A few more weeks to go. Who knows, your baby might choose to come out earlier than his/her EDD! We all have trouble sleeping and aches here and there during our 3rd trimester. Just need to rest more.
More inspirations for mothers like you at MeaningfulMotherhood
usually dr will check cervix about 37 weeks to see if its getting ready for birth.If cervix is not ready then an induction might lead to a c section.
If you can just rest more.For all you know baby might just pop soon enuf!!
thanks all, i think i will heed your advises to wait.... hope my baby come out fast, can't wait to see him too...
I understand how you feel. I was almost dying when I was 37 weeks pregnant. LOL..
tok to your baby ask her faster come out?
haha i think better let baby choose her own date to come out..
let nature take its course
I agree with all mummies . On my due date , gynae said my water bag not enough water already must admit hospital & induce the next day , i was on tablet for a night , Next day sent to delivery room burst waterbag ( Very uncomfortable & bit painful !!) , on drip all that for 8 hours in the end emergency c-sect because cervix not dilated . Really have lot of trouble & was very afraid . It is better to wait , unlike me i want natural birth also cannot .. Just an advice Induction is only like 50/50 , even i was in my 40 weeks it doesn't work , let your body work out everything hehe , Tc !
scared no strength to push, now leg very painful, sometimes at nite sleep leg will go numb..... dont know y.... last nite also another sleepless night.....
I was only induced at 40 weeks for my elder 2 kids. They were full term and showed no signs of coming out.
For my 3rd child, he was 3.5kg at 38 weeks. Gynae suggested that I be induced as baby was getting a little big. As it turned out, he chose to come out by himself instead of being induced.
All the best to your delivery. You wouldnt have to wait too long!
i was induced at 37 weeks 2 days with my preffered date but with the following conditions:
1. my boy weigh 3.2kg at 36weeks and 3.4 at birth
2. i had strong but painless contraction since 26weeks and been on medication, so it's better to let baby born as soon as i reach full term to avoid taking more medicine.
3. my cervix was 2.5cm dilated at 36weeks
4. my boy position is very ideal for natural birth
i totally understand your discomfort.. i had sleepless night and day eversince 33 or 34 weeks.. my right ribcage is very very sore cos my boy position is very up high, my tummy didn't 'drop' like most preggy ladies. i was nausea all the time and i can't really eat cos the baby is pressing on my gastric.. i was telling hubby i can't can't wait for the baby to be out..
but honestly, once my boy is out i do wish he can go back inside.. haha.. cos i miss his movement in my tummy so much!!! i miss the excitement of seeing him on the ultrasound screen..
so do be patient.. and yes like other mommies say if your cervix not ripe better wait for nature to take it course cos might end up having c-sect.
Hang on there. I'm also 37++ weeks, and my cervix has already dilated 2cm and I have contractions, but the doctors wont induce me. They say that I have to let nature take it's place. It's already taken 3 days already, so yup, I think that though you have pain walking, they wont take it as a valid reason to induce.
I think you might have already gone for the scan which tells the approximate weight of the baby right? So dont't worry. By the way, I have gestational diabetes too. *winks
I guess let nature take it's course and whilst you're still out of the hospital, walk and surround yourself with the people you love.
Hope this helps ya.
I also had severe backache and often lie for hours on the bed at night. Legs had an irritating tingling feeling and twitched at night. Be patient and time passes very soon.
Induction involves giving you a chemical to start the contraction. This unnatural way leads to contractions that are suddenly frequent and very painful, which means higher chance of taking painkiller / epidural.
Natural contractions start slowly and build up gradually and give your body time to manage them well. Let nature take its course and trust your doctor.
i went for checkup yest.. gynae told me to admit to Mt. A tonight at 11.30pm for induction.. he said cos baby still not growing since past 3 wks so better to induce.. so i guess baby will be out on wed, 14 apr..
super nervous already! hope i'll have a fast n smooth labour w/o e need for epi n im praying hard e induction wont lead to emer c-sect too!