This is a discussion on Cord round baby's neck within the Third Trimester forum, part of the Pregnancy Forum category; In my 37 weeks now.. Dr say baby having 2 rounds of cord around his neck.. Dr asked hubby and ...
In my 37 weeks now.. Dr say baby having 2 rounds of cord around his neck.. Dr asked hubby and me not to worry but have to monitor baby's movement.. Anyone has the same problem?
i read somewhere induce might stress the baby, causing the cord to tighten, aint sure how true, but check with gynae again!
I think is better for you to get a c sect done asap.. because sometime the cord will get tighten.. then baby will be at risk..
my 1st daughter was caught in breach position.
luckily i chosen c section. she was found with cord 3 rounds her when she was delivered at 38 weeks. i think you can try to do a c sect asap, if possible...
n avoid the all fours on floor position. i heard its not good for baby.
if i were you, i will ask my gynae to perform a c-sect for me asap to prevent any mishap. since the baby's neck is alrdy rounded by the cord, 2 rounds somemore, i think better give birth asap, no point keep waiting.
I wld advise you to monitor your baby movement for today n when the clinic opens tomorrow go down n c your gynae again. 37 wks is considered full term so even if you were to deliver the baby it is safe. Weigh the consequences if you were to wait. Get yourself mentally prepared for a c-section in order not to risk the child.
Did your gynae still recommend to have natural delivery? I think better to schedule for C sect in case when you move sometimes the cord tightens and you not feel it, will strangle the baby...
I was waiting impatiently for my baby since 36 weeks. Then I'm so scare of c-sect n for my 37th n 38th week check no dilation yet. On the last few days of 38th week my baby did not move much. I was so scare that we call gynae n he ask me go Thomson Medical Center immediately to do ctg. It's a Sunday so his clinic not open. Eventually the ctg scan is ok cos baby heartbeat healthy. My gynae then ask me go back to his clinic on monday to follow up. I still hear my dear baby healthy heartbeat but told doc I still feel something wrong cos really very little movement. I ask my gynae scan my cord position he then saw cord on my dear baby neck one round loosely hang!! Omg! Though is loosely hang, I'm so scare. Immediately I opt for c sect the next day morning. I'm so glad that my baby is clever enuff not to move so much in case the cord gets tighten. Frm the wait till op time, I can't sleep n dont dare move much scare he move.
Am glad I made the move cos dear son is a healthy baby now!
So pls go ahead n c sect Yr baby out! Jia you!
I will be worried too. If i will her, i sure opt for c-section for the safety of the baby.
go c section ASAP.....
i was at Kk, i demanded for induce as i feel my baby too heavy (they dont even want to weigh him yet, ask me go to weigh at next appointment!!! from 34weeks, they only scan him once), they still ask me go home, although i am 37weeks, they say can't induce...
my hubby at there kbkp demand for induce, end up induce, make me wait long long also, coz they say induce must have schedule, 1st time heard about this, my sister in law induce also go in induce , where got schedule...(their face not happy haha)... lucky i demand induce my boy when came out, has cord around his neck tightly.... my hubby didn't get to cut his cord... once out, the nurse cut and faster bring one side unlock the cord... and try to make him breath and push tubes to suck his throat or something(can't see).... finally he cry very very loud... all the nurse very relief! they say let him cry.... coz in the stomach he ate his own shit already..... so now its good for him to cry... clear lungs... but i see my boy very very poor thing... his mouth all red red due to the sucking... so heart pain, it subsides very slow (around 1-2 weeks)
stick to your instinct.... dont listen to those stupid doc... lucky i never wait... or i will be regreting now...
OMG!!!!!!!! that's so danergous!!!! lucky you insisted to induce your baby out!!!!
Thanks for all your concerns!
I did write a very long reply about a week ago and I dont't know why it was not posted.. Will reply again on reasons why I didn't go for csect..
I'm now in my 38 weeks and baby is doing good!
I totally agree with xicloudix! mine was instinct too!
To update on the thread.. I just gave birth to my dear son at week39 + 5 natural birth without epidural.. .. Dear son is healthy wt 3.07kg.. Not a big baby.. But he's healthy and that's all I ask for.. Thanks again for all your concerns!