This is a discussion on Shld i induce?? within the Third Trimester forum, part of the Pregnancy Forum category; Originally Posted by Juz17 Thanks babe...so it's me!! I gained 25kgs at 38+3 days....n isn't that alot?? that's alot......
Yeah! I updated my baby's pic and ticker !
this would be the first thread I'm participating in and I really need some advise.. I'm currently 37wks 2days and have been having a terrible experience with this pregnancy.. Lots of pelvic and 'low' down pain, can't walk well, can't even shift myself, lots of contractions coming in along with dull backache, my entire body aches, those sorts when your down with a fever and aching all over, swollen hands and feet, what more? I was admitted to hospital for a day last week due to severe vomitting and diarhea and totally dehydrated, started having contractions then and after observation and medication I recovered to come home.
I'm huge too, am kinda petite so my tummy looks huge on me, everyone who sees me has been like 'you look like 40wks and due anytime!' and this was weeks before now itself. I'm tired of carrying not due to tiredness, heaviness or whatsoever but it's getting too painful, I fact my bad pelvic pains started when I was 6mths preggy itself and doc said they usually loosen to prepare for delivery and advised me not to walk too much. To add on during my admission last week doc said I've got low blood count, 9 instead of the normal 11 and that could explain my low-bp feeling, giddiness and weakness.
At my last checkup on Fri doc asked if I could hold it on or wanna induce, preferably after the 38th week which would be safer as he doesn't want me to have a failed induction. Im supposed to discuss my decision with him this coming week and I'm clueless. My Hubby says he would prefer me to wait for baby to come naturally, that he doesn't think I'll make it that far to my due date but it's unbearable for me. I can't sleep, sit, stand, walk, do nothing wo feeling pain and discomfort. To add on is all the ailments that come along with pregnancy, swollen gums that have been giving me toothache and bad headache since days, torturous! sigh I really do not know what to do. I searched on inducing at 37-38wks and the internet seems to have lots of articles discouraging that due to babies induced during this period have higher chances of certain defects, from birth to their IQ, etc.. Long read, dont't wanna put up here but that kinda scares me. Of cos we mommies want the best for our babies. What would you dearies have to advise?[/COLOR]
I was like you very much want to induce from 36th week onwards. Eventually cos my cervix was tightly closed n my gynae say if I induce chances if might go into emergency c-sect which in the end I might need to pay for two. In the end I did not induce but I go for elective c-sect at 39th week due to first my baby was scanned with cord loosely hanged around his neck n 2ndly y so late then c-sect cos my hubby n frenz all encourage natural birth instead. I complaint alot since 36th week n I realize I got mild depression for that. Sigh.
So my suggestion to you are:
1) of cos natural delivery is better than c-sect so if you can wait then wait. Now I had my baby, it's really true that you would prefer baby in yr tummy than out cos taking care of baby is an art.
2) check with gynae if induce, what are the chances. See if you r dilated cos some induction process can be a long wait if the current factors (ex dilation, baby head engaged, etc) not favourable.
3) if really alot of health issues, my suggestion is to go c-sect straight cos you might be 'safe' from contraction pain (my elective becomes emergency due to super painful contraction the night before), water bag burst etc. And my hospital bill is quite reasonable despite my baby got to stay 1 more day at hospital due to jaundice. If induce then emergency the bill will be sky high from some ladies in the forum.
Lastly, good luck in yr decision. Those are just my 2 cents worth.
Actually this is my 2nd baby.. My first boy is 8yrs old so you can imagine how long ago and how new this would feel like.. My first was also induced and went successfully, at 39weeks, my 3rd false labour and doc decided to induce me since it was so close to due date. I was induced at 8am and son was born at 3.30pm. I'm not looking forward to a csect, definitely a natural delivery thus my doc wants to be sure to give me time so as not to risk unsuccessful induction. He's open to induction though, guess he can guess my discomforts..
As from last week seems my baby has already turned head down so that's one worry off my mind, doc said my amniotic fluid level is good, baby's very active and looks good. Issue comes to me now. Also I've a feeling my baby's growing fast. just last week he was 2.3kg and a week later at my prev appt he's already 2.6kg. That has already exceeded my first son's birth weight at 39wks. He was 2.5kg at birth. I wonder how big will this one be in the next weeks to come n if that will be another concern to hold on further.. So many factors to consider and worry about.