All c-sec experiences are different even on the same person. My first c-sec, I was literally 1/2 dead lying on the bed even on the 2nd day. When I tried walking, couldn't stand straight and each step brings tears.
For my 2nd c-sec, I was up and walking on the every day itself and discharged the next day! Nurses were surprised and thought I had natural delivery. My gynae too cos she remembered I was terrible during my first c-sec.
-After c-sec, (pkshl) your hygiene needs will be taken care by the nurses. On the first day post surgery, they will help to give you a towel bath and swipes. The will also help you with your oral by bringing some mouth wash and a pail for you to spit into.
-When discharging, the nurses will cover the wound with waterproof dressing. So that you can bathe. They will also advise to use a binder to support the uterus. Tip: if you feel insecure or the wound feels sensitive, you can use the balance sanitary loop pads to place over the wound before wearing your panties. In this way, you feel "safer" should there be any accidental bumps/knocks on your wound.
-When due for wound inspection by your gynae, if the wound is healing well, the dressing will be removed and (reginakoh) you can wash the wound area just like any part of your body (Quoting my gynae).
1) do not carry heavy things (max 5kg) but baby of course can carry. Should you need to carry anything, always squat down to carry then stand up.
2) And when waking up from the bed, swing your legs to the side of the bed and use your arms to prop yourself up. This is to minimise the pressure and usage on the wound area.
3) Throughout the day/night, you can continue wearing the binder until you feel confident enough that the wound is no longer giving you pain.
4) Take painkillers prescribed by your doc for at least the 1st week if your pain is really unbearable. So that the pain is under control and you feel better which means you get to rest well and this helps in wound recovery.
5) Breastfeeding will help to shrink the uterus faster. But this also means you might feel some pain or discomfort at your wound during breastfeeding.
6) Fish essence is said to be good in post surgery recovery.