This is a discussion on Can I change my OB just before the due date? within the General Pregnancy Discussion forum, part of the Pregnancy Forum category; If I am not satisfied with my current OB, can I go to see other doctor when my due date ...
If I am not satisfied with my current OB, can I go to see other doctor when my due date is coming soon? Do you think other doctors will accept me as his/her new patient and just deliver my baby for me? Or he or she will charge high deliver fee because I did not visit him/her for regular prenatal checkup? Thanks.
i feel not very advisable to change your OB at this point because he knows your condition the best.
for the spend money part, he will usually tell you what he intends you to spend on before hand right? could you turn him down on those which you feel is unnecessary? most things i think should be by your consent then the hospital will do it.
I heard from my gynae that due to certain age then they will ask you to do this and that test. But it's not a must you can actually reject it but if baby got any problem dont't blame the gynae cos they have given their advise.
wondering if you are talking about the same gynae that you PM me for details? If he is, then dont worry as i think he wont suggest a c-section unless complications set in on the day of labour. For my case, i told him beforehand that i wanted a natural birth without epidural; hence he instructed the mid-wife to standby painkiller jab for the thigh. And he used vacuum method to help me push my baby out.
You should talk to him to explore the chances of c-section & when will he make that decision. I discussed this in detail with my gynae & he respects my choice (I wanted natural as much as possible). He even suggest that I might want to take epidural right from the start of labour so that I can 'sustain' through labour (I'm very small size & very afraid of pain).
Empty vessels make the most noise
if you have already agreed with your gynae for c-sect then he has to perform that procedure for you. if he tries to persuade you for natural and you agree and in the end complications occur and a c-sect is eventually done, then bo bian you will be charged for both. so if you decide before hand what your wishes are, and even if you eventually decide natural birth, what painkiller you wish to take, then they have to administer to your wishes accordingly. dont't worry too much... you have the upper hand because in the end you are still the customer.
Thanks for your all. Now I feel more relaxed.