This is a discussion on Clothings at Thomson Medical Center within the General Pregnancy Discussion forum, part of the Pregnancy Forum category; Heard from a friend that Thomson Medical Center does not provide hospital wear for us and we have to bring our own ...
Heard from a friend that Thomson Medical Center does not provide hospital wear for us and we have to bring our own for the stay. Is it true?
for breastfeeding, you may need to get those front buttons down tops.
for c section, you may prefer gowns so that your wound area will not have any pressure from trousers
For me I advise gown as you will be bleeding and leaking. Even though got pad, but I still felt very uncomfortable. Easier to go toilet also. I was wearing those cute-sy pattern type of gowns pajamas (like those kids) with front buttons to BF. If you can't find can just pull up the gown. Make yourself feel at home. LOL
Just delivered last month in Mount A.
Here's my hospital bag:
0) Documents for admission.
1) 1 pair of socks for delivery ward. A few more pairs if you want to wear it in the ward.
2) 1 pack of 20 pieces Pureen Maternity pads for my 2 days stay is more than enough. Hospital will give you 1 pack of Kotex 10 pieces loop pads (But I dont't like as the pads are not wide enough)
3) 2 sets - Front opening pyjamas for breastfeeding. Get gown as easier when going toilet. You can pull up your gown and cover with blanket when you rest on bed so that you won't stain. Pants harder and easily stained.
4) 2 sets of day time wear as some friends/colleagues may come over for visit and for going home.
5) My laptop (Too bored sometimes so I surf net)
6) Own tolieties like tooth brush, tooth paste, comb etc... 1 small face towel.
7) 1 pair of slippers
8) Ya important is to bring more those mesh panties for changing (meant for post delivery). I think Mothercare selling.
9) 2-3 pairs of breastpads, but milk dont't normally come during 1-2 days.
10) 1 set of baby clothes to go home.
Please get easy to wear and take off type because new borns are so fragile.
dont't worry, if you miss out anything, your darling or even your Sis/Mother/mother in law will most likely help you buy them from the shops at Thomson Medical Center first floor or bring it from home. Singapore is so small.
I think I only use half pack of the Pureen pads (~10) and 1 pack of the Kotex from hospital. I will use 2 pads everytime especially on Day 1 where flow is extremely heavy and nightime ...
Thomson Medical Center will provide your baby with a set of discharge clothes & receiving blanket so you dont't need to bring anything for the baby. you will end up bringing back a lot of things that the hospital give you. Just bring your clothes, pads, undies, and a set of clothes to change into when you discharge. but for me I just wore back what i wore there. Try to bring as little things as possible unless got more than your hubby to go home with you. When i see my roommate bring her travelling luggage i wanted to laugh, but when i discharge i realized it's useful. LOL
Anyway, just bring what you like. When you discharge, just make sure hubby come slightly earlier to bring down the "luggages".
If hubby not staying, just get him to bring back the dirty clothes everyday.
I was trying to keep my bag small too... But in the end my hubby says bring all that I want he will carry them all .
Yes you can dont bring your own toiletries they also provide. got toothbrush/paste, a towel, shower gel & shampoo, comb. Of course if you r comfortable with using your own, then just bring your own.
I think if you ask they should provide? BUt a lot of mummies will prefer to be in their own clothes. For me I brought my own clothes. got my house smell then can sleep better.