Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Copper IUD or Mirena

This is a discussion on Copper IUD or Mirena within the General Pregnancy Discussion forum, part of the Pregnancy Forum category; Initially i wanted ligation but found out Mt A dont have tis service due to is a christian hospital. Then ...

Copper IUD or Mirena

Initially i wanted ligation but found out Mt A dont have tis service due to is a christian hospital.

Then found out more that tis procedure needs cut tummy eee, so i dont want .. Unless my tis delivery sway C sect. all my delivery is natural .

ANyway found out that Copper IUD or Mirena is not bad also thou is not permanant.

Copper IUD is $30 done at polyclinic afer menses and can last 3yrs ( correct me if i m wrong got the $$ from another forum dont know how accurate )

Mirena is $600 to be done at Kandang Kerbau Hospital ( dont know got include doc fees anot LOL )

i want to try the polyclinic 1 but dont know how is the side effects like. Menses heavy is no issue to me as my menses come 3 days or less. Main ting is will put on alot weight not?? Any comments?

For MIrena i tink quite some will put on weight. And it will lessen menses.. I dont need less menses i already very less.

Worthy Consort
    Re: Copper IUD or Mirena

I thought the main difference between copper IUD & Mirena is that the latter has time release hormones inside to prevent pregnancy (that explains the price, else the IUD is actually a very simple device)? Copper IUD is to physically block the sperms from meeting the egg by blocking the fallopian tube?

Worthy Lady
    Jurong West
    Re: Copper IUD or Mirena

Haiya... I inserted the mirena iud. Last month I had a full month of menses, 1-2 days stop in btwn. This month my menses have not come yet. I am really afraid of bein pregnant AGAIN.