1) Is antenatal package necessary? Must I really engage a gynae and stick with him/her throughout until delivery? Can I make do without it?
1. Antenatal package is cheaper considering the cost per visit may cost up to $200 (For Thomson Medical Center). A gynae is a doctor specialise in this field, you will need to see one to deliver baby hence you are unable to do without one. He / She will also be monitoring your baby and your health throughout the 10 months pregnancy. Hence it's important.
2) Is private hospital (e.g. Thomson Medical Center, RMG?) really better than govt ones (e.g. Kandang Kerbau Hospital?)?
2. I think it's up to personal preferences for point 2. Reason I am seeing mine (from Thomson Medical Center) is due to short waiting time and personal comfort level?
3) I'm from a stat. board. Do I qualify for any subsidy in any hospi? I tried looking through my HR policy but could find nothing about this, though from hearsay, it seems there are some subsidies and whatnots.
3. Am not sure whether you are qualify for subsidy, I reckon the best person to speak to will be your HR personnels. They will be able to explain better.
4) Is it really a must to engage a "confinement lady"? Can I make do without?
4. Again this is up to personal preference, if you are not keen to have your in laws or parents to help out. Perhaps you may want to consider a confinement lady instead.