This is a discussion on Induce Birth within the General Pregnancy Discussion forum, part of the Pregnancy Forum category; Planning to go for induce birth during my 37 1/2 weeks. Any experience mummy gone through this process before?...
Planning to go for induce birth during my 37 1/2 weeks. Any experience mummy gone through this process before?
That's one of the disadvantage right....if induction failed then got to go for c-section.
But before you go for induction the doctor will have to check if the cervix has ripe before she agree to proceed with the induction right?
By the way, you are induce on which week? Thinking to check wit the doc if she's able to induce me on the 37th week instead.
But is the successful rate not very high?
I have also been induced 3 times. It is a very long and painful process. My gynae advise me to induce for the 3rd child at 39 weeks cos the baby is 3.5kg and he is afraid the baby will get even bigger as the day goes by.
I am the 2nd patient to go into the labour ward and the last one(the gynane already delivered 5 patients) to come out cos the cevic open too slowly. They have to increase my dosage to speed up the labour. Compare to the 2nd pregnancy, the 3rd one takes too long and the contractions is more intense.
i was also induced at 38 weeks 2 days, and the whole labour process was 16 hours.
i heard it will be longer for first time mummies. Some of my online friends told me they took 30 hours.
normally they will insert an induction pill, 2 times maximum. And if that pill fails, they will put you on oxytoxin drip. The oxytoxin drip is very effective, but that is also the drug that brings in the pain~~~
for induction, its best to go with epidural. At least the whole process will be more of a breeze ...hahha. Imagine if really more than 16 hours???!!! At least you can sleep or surf net while waiting for baby to pop!
Got to pay so much & is quite suffering too..
Only started to feel the intense pain close to 10pm and we went to Thomson Medical Center at 12midnight to register. Went thru the pain on and off with epidural for around 12hrs and ended I gave up though my gynae said I could still wait.
My husband was joking and also grumbling that he made alot of daddy to be there at the waiting lounges. Majority of them left after their wives given birth but he was still stuck there.
Emer c-sect more expensive ...so you have to think carefully incase you didnt succeed like me...
Yesh, if all the induction process was not smooth going, (touch wood) you will need pay for induced birth + epidural + emergency c-section, quite expensive i think....gotta take into consideration costs issue also.
and for induced birth, they will induce even if you have not dilated at all. Thats why the whole process takes so long.
Hi, me too induce but it was my third child. Gyne advised to induce cos he was overdue 1 week. I was afraid too cos the first two was natural and have no experience. Heard from my friends, it may take long.
Fortunately, i was lucky. Maybe is my third one. I was induced by dripping at about 3pm. Mild contraction started about 4pm, by 4.30pm, felt like pushing and call the midwife to check. It had diluted 8cm so the baby ready to come out. At last at 5.30pm, my son was out.
So it was very lucky for me, it lasted only about 3 hours.
I am thankful to the nurse, midwife and my gyne in Mt E.
Now my son is coming one year old...
I was induced for my second one. At same time as they started induction I got epidural. In the beginning I dilated 1cm every hour until 3cms. Then in 2 hours I was fully dilated. My first wasn't too long about 9 hours but second was much quicker.
As to how long it takes really depends on each individual.
I was also induced at 37weeks coz of decreased fetal movement when i went for routine gynae checkup that day. Induced on a Tue 9pm, only delivered via emergency c-sect on Thur 6.30pm! It was a super long-drawn delivery. I dont want to count the number of hours i spent trying to deliver... haha...
I guess induced labour always carries the risk of emergency c-sect...
Hhmm....It seems like its not gng to be really safe to go thru this process.
Really got to sleep over it again tonight.....
hi beanie, it would be better you go for natural birth..not induce.. i hve induce cos the amonitic water not enough so my gynae say mus induce otherwise baby will be danger. my induce not success due to my pelvic bone small n dilate super slow so end up emer c-section. you listen what your gynae say as sumtime baby dont want cum out as time not up yet so may end up emer c-section. if you want specfic date, you can choose c-section which save time, save $$ n pain rather than induce then hve emer c-section!
Hi mummies , need advise .
Currently 39weeks + already . EDD on 22 APRIL .
Just last thursday still no labour signs so suggested Gynae to induce labour but cannot cos cervix have not't open . And gynae dont't wanna risk it cos i prefer natural birth . If fail must go for C sect .
He asked me to come back check up tml 20 APRIL to see if cervix open a not before deciding .
Should I go ahead with inducing labour ? Since still no labour signs then 2 more days to EDD already or wait ?
But the problem is my cervix have not't open yet . Any mummies went ahead with succesful induction when cervix have not't open ?
When I was peg w my first gal in 2005, she overdue no come out, i induced 4-5 times, think i admited on 18 feb, finally only 22 feb than give birth, but thru c-section becos after doc break my water bag, she still refuse to come out, heartbeat in distress, so bo pian have to cut..............
why we induced so many time, cos my husband hope that I can give birth naturally, so tried and tried and tried, in the end bo pian.
Went for checkup . Cervix finally open . Will be delivering tonight . Gynae gonna break waterbag 4 me . Thank god no need induce .
Wish all well and smooth delivery~~~~~