Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

KK Women's clinic at Ang Mo Kio (satellite clinic)

This is a discussion on KK Women's clinic at Ang Mo Kio (satellite clinic) within the General Pregnancy Discussion forum, part of the Pregnancy Forum category; Hi lulu, thanks for the advice too.. Still considering all the choices,budget to prepare n other issues like area problems ...

Re: KK Women's clinic at Ang Mo Kio (satellite clinic)

Hi lulu, thanks for the advice too.. Still considering all the choices,budget to prepare n other issues like area problems for now.. Will try to come up with a decision as soon as we could cuz I'm already 24weeks pregnant..^^

Worthy Lady

Hi
    My gynae at Kandang Kerbau Hospital AMK satellelite clinic uses the ultrasound scan on me during every visit, but my bill per visit so far is still within $90, or max $100, inclusive of consultation, scan, medication, urine test, so it is not true that the ultra sound scan costs additional $90.

But if it is for very detailed scanning of baby done at around 4 months ,n blood test, that would be around $400, done at Kandang Kerbau Hospital itself

Female Attendant

@ zazaziya: really? hmmm...i called Kandang Kerbau Hospital hotline twice to verify this "extra" for scanning and the staff told me the same thing twice.
    is your doc snr consultant?

Worthy Lady

yes, in fact he is the head of the Urogynaecology dept
    strange that the hotline gives you such advice

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by lulu View Post
    @ zazaziya: really? hmmm...i called Kandang Kerbau Hospital hotline twice to verify this "extra" for scanning and the staff told me the same thing twice.
    is your doc snr consultant?
    Hi lulu , personally im with amk satellite clinic , and im in my 29weeks today .
    Each visit , i paid around $62-$72 , include scanning ( baby picture given) , urine test , blood pressure . i'm under doc wee h.Y , his one of the head for dont know which department , and he's quite good . When i go for my detail scan , i paid around , $60 for the scan only .

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by chocydolly View Post
    Hi XenXuan!

Congrats on your second pregnancy! IMHO, Kandang Kerbau Hospital is a good choice, so I dont theres a need to change hospitals.
    From your post, I deduce that you are a subsidized patient. If yes, you are a subsidized patient, then if Im not wrong, you can only go to Kandang Kerbau Hospital and join the looonggg queue of other people to see the gynae. Ive heard that some hospitals are worse.
    If you go to the AMK clinic, you will be considered a private patient and can only go to A or B1 wards. Charges are also different, but you will save alot of time and heartpain. The AMK clinic is just a clinic that allows you to see your gynae to do simple checks without having to go all the way to Kandang Kerbau Hospital. You still have to go to Kandang Kerbau Hospital for the delivery.

I think if you dont mind spending abit more, you should switch to private patient. No need to change hospitals.
    If budget is an issue, then there's no choice, the route you are taking is the cheapest.
    Hi chocodolly , just to add on something as from what i got to know . upon admission for private patients , you can switch to subsidized . so atucally , it depends on one self . but baby wont be deliver by our gynae , but the midwife

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by v0nne View Post
    Hi chocodolly , just to add on something as from what i got to know . upon admission for private patients , you can switch to subsidized . so atucally , it depends on one self . but baby wont be deliver by our gynae , but the midwife
    Hi,

Im YC, I went for my 1st time visit at K K Women's clinic, it cost me around $100 plus, include scanning ( baby picture given) , urine test , blood pressure . i'm under doc wong H F. My next apptn will be 29 Apr 11, I will see what is the charges for my 2nd visit. Now Im 10 weeks plus as I took my blood test yesterday for Down Syndrome. I have to take the scanning on 21st apptn. hopefully all turn well.

Female Attendant

Wink Re: KK Women's clinic at Ang Mo Kio (satellite clinic)

Quote Originally Posted by lulu View Post
    Xenxuan:

I think it'll be good for you to call the hospitals and ask them to email you their packages. That's what i do then you can see the differences.

I've just checked out the prices with Kandang Kerbau Hospital if I were to visit KK Clinic @ AMK and i think the charges are not cheap. The doc's consultation is $67 for subsequent visits (first visit $90+), BUT this excludes ultrasound scanning. Scanning will be charged separately as and when required and this will cost another $90+ per scan. If i compare this to private doc @ private hospital, the charges is $75 (subsequent visits) including scanning on every visit. Kandang Kerbau Hospital doesn't offer any package for outpatient visits. They said they used to offer, but no longer do so.

And the maternity package that Kandang Kerbau Hospital offers (as private patient) is not cheap either...esp for normal delivery, it's comparable to other private hospitals, especially Mt Alvernia & Thomson Medical Center. The gynae's fee @ Kandang Kerbau Hospital (esp if you choose a senior consultant) is comparable to gynaes at other private hospitals if you come in as private patient.
    I think Kandang Kerbau Hospital is only cheaper if you are a subsidized patient.

If you're into gov't hospitals, NUH may be a good option too b/c i read that besides Kandang Kerbau Hospital, NUH is the most well-equipped hospital for delivery. The charges are slightly cheaper than Kandang Kerbau Hospital, but i heard the environment is better, and i see many ppl recommended Prof Biswas @ NUH. I was referred to him for my FA scan, and he's a nice guy. I considered NUH but ruled that out because of the distance from home.

dont't think it's advisable to change the hospital at the last minute ....b/c you need to get a gynae who can deliver at that hospital.
    I agree! I just rang KK this morn and was told the consultation fee for first visit is $91 @ AMK, by snr gynae. I rang another pte clinic in Sengkang and was told they only charge $64, and a reasonable $20+ for scan. I was like '?? KK more ex than private?' LOL!

Female Attendant

hi,
    anyone ever heard about Dr Tan Tiam Chye from KK? I was refer to him for my first visit in KK's women clinic @ amk.

Female Attendant

Hi,
    Anyone seeing Dr Goh Shen Lin @AMK clinic? What is her time slots?

Worthy Lady

Hi, ive been changing clinics. Im currently 4th months pregnant, first timer. My mum recommended me this amk kk women clinic. I wonder do i need to book a appointment first for registration?

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by Janellebb View Post
    Hi, ive been changing clinics. Im currently 4th months pregnant, first timer. My mum recommended me this amk kk women clinic. I wonder do i need to book a appointment first for registration?
    It will be better to call and book an appt as they have different gynaes at Kandang Kerbau Hospital AMK at different timings. If I am not wrong, they will ask you which gynae you prefer and also have to do the paperwork procedures. I was under Dr Wee HY and I normally go on Thursday evenings.

Worthy Lady

I went to Kandang Kerbau Hospital yesterdat. My dr was dr timothy lim. He told me they dont have any packages. Yeterday 1st visit cost me $203, ultrascan baby picture given, urine test, blood pressure, blood test. Dr lim say i need go Kandang Kerbau Hospital itself do another scanning. Idk whether the $203 include inside anot....

Female Attendant

Hi ladies....

I'm having my 1st appointment at KK clinic AMK this coming Thurs... How will be the experience for 1st appointment?
    Understand the charges will be $102 onwards from the nurse....
    I've book Dr. John Tee.... not sure if he is good.. but saw quite a number of good comments....
    Does KK have some package or something?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2