Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Miscarriage with Misoprostol/Cytotec

This is a discussion on Miscarriage with Misoprostol/Cytotec within the General Pregnancy Discussion forum, part of the Pregnancy Forum category; Hi ladies! Anyone had experience with Misoprostol/Cytotec? Please do share! I found very little experiences in the internet regarding this ...

Miscarriage with Misoprostol/Cytotec

Hi ladies!
    Anyone had experience with Misoprostol/Cytotec? Please do share! I found very little experiences in the internet regarding this issue (In Singapore) so i decided to share mine.
    According to my last menses my baby would be 16 weeks as of 2 weeks ago. However the scan showed only 8 weeks. The doctor told me to come back 2 weeks later to see if there is any development, otherwise it's a miscarriage. 2 weeks later (yesterday) I went back, the baby actually shrunk. From 3mm to 2mm. I was prescribed 4 Misoprostol pills to be inserted vaginally. 2 pills then another 2pills 24 hours later.

I just inserted 2 pills, as of now (9.30AM) I dont't really feel anything. I hope it's not going to be very bad. After all I'm alone at home with my 8 month old baby. Will update when any significant changes happen!

IM FREEZING. Really. Just measured my temperature and I have a slight fever of 37.7. Wonder if it's normal. No cramps yet though.

Nothing is really happening. I'm getting frustrated. Thinking of inserting one or two more (i have 2 left) pills. By 1PM if nothing changes I'll do just that. From what I know things are supposed to kickstart between 2-4 hours!

Okay I'm feeling some cramps. Hopefully I won't die of pain afterwards. The cramps are still minor compared to labour. But it's similar as my back is hurting. Pray it doesn't hurt till that extent. :/

I SAW THE FIRST SPOT IF BLOOD. And yes it's starting to hurt. My tummy seems to be turning.

Okay it's starting to hurt. The pain now is about 3/10? Very similar to labour pains. Like the pain travel from my back to the abdomen. Not a nice feeling at all. Taking slow and deep breaths now, like when I was in labour. Well I have no option of having an epidural now. Only a few spots and it's hurting like this. I can't imagine....... Lying dorm now with my baby crawling around. This is not advisable. Please get someone to help you if possible. And no children.

Took a short nap, but baby's now awake. She only slept like, 30mins? The fever subsided. Bleeding like a bernal period now. More to the heavy side. Cramps and pain still about 3/10. No clots or what came out yet. Think it's only gonna get worse. Body feeling weak and lethargic. Dehydrated too.

I just passed huge blobs of blood. The cramping is still here. I wonder if that's the sac. If the pain is within this range I believe a have it better than lots of people. The max I would rate the pain so far is 5/10. Oh and I had some diarrhea too! Will update when anything significant happens!

I passed 3 full 40cm pads. Lightheaded and still cramping. Nothing I can't tolerate though gonna try and make my baby sleep now.
    Last edited by Judith; 05-09-2015 at 05:23 PM.