Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Singaporean give birth in Malaysia

This is a discussion on Singaporean give birth in Malaysia within the General Pregnancy Discussion forum, part of the Pregnancy Forum category; Everybody please help me. I'm Singaporean and my Hubby is Malaysian. We ROM in Singapore. We got told Malaysia that ...

Female Attendant

Everybody please help me.
    I'm Singaporean and my Hubby is Malaysian. We ROM in Singapore. We got told Malaysia that we ROM in Singapore and we also get Malaysian ROM cert but it statue as we ROM in Singapore.
    My relative told me that even i give birth in Malaysia baby also still Singaporean. Is that truth?
    I asked the Malaysia hospital they say can give birth got Malaysian ROM cert i just need to pay RM15. If dont't have give RM800 for deposit. But i all the way checked-up at Singapore. Suddenly give birth in Malaysia they dont't know my body check-up report.

Give me some advice. Baby be Malaysian or Singaporean better? People said govt give baby bonus also not enough for then to cover everything..

I'm 5 months plus going to 6months .. Should i or not should i give birth in Malaysia?

Worthy Lady
    jurong west

Hey deary..to me,its best that you give birth in sg,same nationality with you..we dowan anything to happen then bby's nationality bcomes an issue(touchwood).bt must talk to hubby first ok..

Re: Singaporean give birth in Malaysia

Hi Jynnelim,
    give birth in SG will be the best as SG doctor and medical are much much more advance then Malaysia.
    Anything happened, you can just rush to KK A&E within 1 hour time and get doctor to atten to you, but dont't think so if you are in Malaysia, cos might take few hour to reach and rush you to the big hospital.

One of my sister friend who work in SG and when home to Malaysia to give birth cos want to save money, she when to the hospital when her waterbag broke and no doctor around on friday night and the nurse just get her a bed and let her sleep. She only get to attend by doctor on the monday morning almost 3 day then they got to rush her to operation as her waterbag is almost dry up. Lucky her baby still alive but due to the 3 days delay, the baby will be a bit slow for the whole life as lack of oxygen for the brain.

Hope you think twice for your baby and for yourself , dont because of RM15