Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Vitagen cause diarrhea?

This is a discussion on Vitagen cause diarrhea? within the General Pregnancy Discussion forum, part of the Pregnancy Forum category; Hi Mummies, anyone gave vitagen/yakult to your toddler and your toddler end up having loose stools or diarrhea or vomit? ...

Worthy Lady

Vitagen cause diarrhea?

Hi Mummies, anyone gave vitagen/yakult to your toddler and your toddler end up having loose stools or diarrhea or vomit?

My son has all the above symptoms after being given vitagen last friday. Not sure if it is related.

Re: Vitagen cause diarrhea?

my understanding vitagen/yakult is for digestion. maybe yr kid drank too much? i only give my boy 1/4 lesser and bring out from fridge first so not that cold. So far nothing wrong with his system BUT recently stop already cause he got cough very badly and pediatrician advise vitagen/yakult will create more phlegm..

Imperial Concubine

Vitagen / Yakult contains dairy. If body is infected with gastroenteritis virus (gastric flu that can lead to diarrhoea / vomiting), taking the drinks will make it worse. It happened to me once: I thought I was having indigestion (actually was gastric flu), drank Vitagen for a few days, then had severe vomiting / diarrhoea, had to admit to hospital.

Now, I no longer take the drinks because many of them contain sugar and artificial colouring / flavoring. I DO NOT feed them to my 2-year old too.
    Instead, I give him homemade organic yoghurt regularly to introduce more good bacteria for his digestive system. No added sugar, so no phlegm problem too.
    Cheers,
    MieVee
    Join Mummy's Reviews Parents Club: FREE "Baby's Head Start Guide for Parents"

Worthy Lady

Thanks Mummies. I think quite confirm is the vitagen. The bacteria is so powerful, he just had a round of diarrhea in his sleep, after stopping for 2 days. Sigh... Thought he had fully recovered. Never going to allow vitagen or yakult anymore!

Female Attendant

Quote Originally Posted by STmummy View Post
    Thanks Mummies. I think quite confirm is the vitagen. The bacteria is so powerful, he just had a round of diarrhea in his sleep, after stopping for 2 days. Sigh... Thought he had fully recovered. Never going to allow vitagen or yakult anymore!
    I first had vitagen when I was a teenager. Like your son I had a bad case of diarrhea and vomit. Since then I never take vitagen and dislike all artificial peach flavor taste. I took peach flavor that time. However, I do not have similar experience with yakult. I guess yakult is more tolerate than vitamin.