Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Dr Lim Teck Chye @Tanglin Shopping Center

This is a discussion on Dr Lim Teck Chye @Tanglin Shopping Center within the Singapore Obstetricians and Gynaecologists forum, part of the Pregnancy Forum category; Hi all MTB, May I know is anyone seeing Dr Lim Teck Chye @Tanglin Shopping Center? Any feedbacks to share? ...

Female Attendant
    Dr Lim Teck Chye @Tanglin Shopping Center

Hi all MTB,

May I know is anyone seeing Dr Lim Teck Chye @Tanglin Shopping Center? Any feedbacks to share?

Thanks all !

eastern sg
    Re: Dr Lim Teck Chye @Tanglin Shopping Center

I was with TC Lim trying to conceive. Tried 3x IUI and didn't happen.

When I went to KK for annual body check up, the doc told me to have sex on certain days. When I went back for review, I was pregnant. Now I am with Kandang Kerbau Hospital.

He is very faithful to his religion and always makes you feel assured. You can try him.

I decided to go Kandang Kerbau Hospital under their Private Suite (which is same price like you visit a private gynae) and Kandang Kerbau Hospital is 24 hours. Anything, you just go there and they have your records. Private gynae is only there for you from Mon - Sat (half day)

Female Attendant
    Re: Dr Lim Teck Chye @Tanglin Shopping Center

I asked around for recommendations when I found out I was pregnant with my no. 2. An ex-classmate recommended Dr Lim Teck Chye to me. Worst mistake of my life. My baby was still-born at 38 weeks under his "care".

This ex-classmate of mine said Dr Lim Teck Chye is very fatherly and a Christian. I thought, "Ok, I'll give him a try." First impression of him seemed good enough. Later on during one consultation with him, he told me that I can call him any time I need to talk and ask questions. He said that if any time he starts to feel that he has no time for his patients, he may as well retire. He said he aims to provide holistic care. It sounded good at first, but later on, I realised this was just talk. His consultations with me were very short. I'd wait to see him, and when his staff called me into the room, he was still in the adjoining room talking to another patient.

At the start of my consultations with him, I told him two very important things:
    1. My first child was born with his umbilical cord looped two times around his neck. I asked him to take extra note of this, because I was scared of the same thing happening again.
    2. I have diabetes and had gestational diabetes when I was pregnant with my no. 1.

I think any obstetrician worth his salt should know how dangerous diabetes can be to an unborn baby. I didn't know at the time, but now I do. Still, this can't bring my baby back. My first doctor took very strict care of my blood sugar levels. She told me to test my blood sugar levels 7 times a day (before breakfast, lunch and dinner; 2 hours after each meal; before bed), and checked my blood sugar records frequently. She'd tell me when my levels were too high and to reduce them. She sent me to the hospital dietitian to teach me what to eat and when. Near the due date, she gave me a foetal movement chart to tick and write the times my baby moved. She told me to make sure I felt at least 10 movements a day. I was having a check-up with her when I was 39 weeks pregnant. She asked me how my baby's movements were. I said they were fewer than before (but thought that was because my baby had gotten too big to move much). She did a CTG and told me I better get my baby out that very night because the movements and heart rate had reduced in intensity. That's how my first baby is now a healthy, joy-giving, lively 31-month-old.

Dr Lim Teck Chye, in comparison, didn't take any extra care when I told him I have diabetes and had gestational diabetes with my first pregnancy. He just got his staff to give me a urine dipstick test like all his other patients. When those test results came out clear, he seemed to entirely forget that I have diabetes. He never advised me to check my blood sugar level, never advised me on what to eat. Each time I went to see him, it was mostly the same thing - take blood pressure, take weight, pee into cup to test urine, short consultation, let me hear baby's heartbeat, sometimes with ultrasound scan, sometimes not. Often, I'd wait a long time for him at each visit, and then his consultation with me would take about 5 minutes. I gradually grew to distrust him, because it didn't seem like he meant what he said about really caring. And I always had a niggling thought in my head, "Is my blood sugar level really ok? The nurses at the polyclinic told me diabetes never goes away." Yet, because he didn't seem to care much about it, I started testing my limits and eating whatever I wanted. I still felt ok.

I never felt much movement from my baby, though. Each time he told me to make sure she moves at least 10 times in 12 hours, I told him, "But she never moves that many times," or, "She definitely moves less than that." The first time I told him that, he did a CTG scan. The results came out ok, so he never did one again. This is even though I told him many times that my baby doesn't seem to move much.

I was seeing him once every two weeks around that time. My first weekly visit with him (that is, the last visit before that was one week ago, but the one before that was two weeks ago), he scanned and said that strange, he couldn't find a heartbeat. He said that sometimes it's because the baby is lying in an awkward position. But he scanned again, and got another doctor in the same clinic to perform an ultrasound scan in another room, and that's when I began to get an inkling that something was wrong with my baby. When he confirmed that my baby was dead, he asked me sorrowfully, "Why didn't you tell me when she'd stopped moving?" I was screaming inside at this point, "But I told you so many times that she didn't move much! Why didn't you pay more attention???"

I was very unhappy with my husband, and some other bad things happened around that time, too. I felt like staying home, but I still went for some family gatherings, because my eldest brother, who lives abroad, had come back for a special occasion.

To add to my trauma, Gleneagles Hospital (where I delivered my stillborn baby) was completely insensitive to my pain and sadness afterwards. They really f**ked up, making me hurt so much more than I already was.

So, if you want a careful, detailed doctor, one who will really pick up on danger signs, dont't go to him. I'm sharing this so that other mothers won't have to go through the pain I did, and am still feeling.

P.S. He told me my baby would be just 2.something kg, with a narrow head, but at birth she was 3.655kg and her head was normal and round.
    Last edited by zenmoonflower; 24-01-2013 at 06:51 PM.