Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

  • You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 48

Dr. Theresa Cheng at Theresa Women's Clinic Ang mo kio

This is a discussion on Dr. Theresa Cheng at Theresa Women's Clinic Ang mo kio within the Singapore Obstetricians and Gynaecologists forum, part of the Pregnancy Forum category; Anyone had Dr. Theresa Cheng as gynae before? Any comments about her?...

  1. #1
    Worthy Lady
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sembawang
    Posts
    141
    Rep Power
    7

    Dr. Theresa Cheng at Theresa Women's Clinic Ang mo kio

    Anyone had Dr. Theresa Cheng as gynae before? Any comments about her?

  2. #2
    Female Attendant
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    North
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Dr. Theresa Cheng at Theresa Women's Clinic Ang mo kio

    Her charges are quite high.

  3. #3
    Worthy Lady spottycow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Serangoon
    Posts
    130
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Dr. Theresa Cheng at Theresa Women's Clinic Ang mo kio

    I used to go to her but after 3 consultations I changed to another. She is very insensitive. Thats why..

    Personally, I wouldn't recommend anyone to go there.

    STAY AWAY FROM HER!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by spottycow; 04-04-2008 at 11:16 PM.

  4. #4
    Female Attendant
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Holland Ave
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Dr. Theresa Cheng at Theresa Women's Clinic Ang mo kio

    Her charges are indeed quite high. The consultations with her depend on her mood. When in good mood, she will chat with you. When in bad mood, she doesnt talk much. However, i think she is a very responsible gynae with her patients.

  5. #5
    Worthy Lady
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sembawang
    Posts
    141
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Dr. Theresa Cheng at Theresa Women's Clinic Ang mo kio

    Quote Originally Posted by hanyan View Post
    Her charges are indeed quite high. The consultations with her depend on her mood. When in good mood, she will chat with you. When in bad mood, she doesnt talk much. However, i think she is a very responsible gynae with her patients.
    yes i agreed with you... she very depend on her mood. anyway, did you guys know whether she will always advise us to normal deliver or C.sec?? i really like to do normal deliver, but somehow i feel she will always want us to do C.sec.

  6. #6
    Worthy Lady rabbit41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Bukit Batok Central
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Dr. Theresa Cheng at Theresa Women's Clinic Ang mo kio

    She is the worst gynae I have seen.

  7. #7
    Female Attendant
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Dr. Theresa Cheng at Theresa Women's Clinic Ang mo kio

    Yes I agree

  8. #8
    Worthy Lady
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sembawang
    Posts
    141
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Dr. Theresa Cheng at Theresa Women's Clinic Ang mo kio

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbit41 View Post
    She is the worst gynae I have seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by suneee View Post
    Yes I agree
    can share yr experience? but i do agree. she very insensitive and always depend on her mood.

  9. #9
    Worthy Lady chillaxville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    amk
    Posts
    142
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Dr. Theresa Cheng at Theresa Women's Clinic Ang mo kio

    The Doctor is not convincing, ask one thing answer another thing.

    Price is over-charged. Assistants are rude. Overall, bad service.

    I won't go back there again. Just the thought of their service can make me boil.

  10. #10
    Female Attendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    north eastern Singapore
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Dr. Theresa Cheng at Theresa Women's Clinic Ang mo kio

    I thought the assistants are quite ok. but the gynae herself really has some attitude.
    She recommended me to go for caesarean this sat quoting reason that my baby's bladder is obstructed. my baby is only gonna be 36 week old this weekend. is it too late to switch gynae now? sigh, having second thoughts now. really bad.
    I just found out also that the gynae was previously involved in some court case. anybody knows about that?

  11. #11
    Worthy Lady
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    West side of SG
    Posts
    202
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Dr. Theresa Cheng at Theresa Women's Clinic Ang mo kio

    Quote Originally Posted by jean503 View Post
    I thought the assistants are quite ok. but the gynae herself really has some attitude.
    She recommended me to go for caesarean this sat quoting reason that my baby's bladder is obstructed. my baby is only gonna be 36 week old this weekend. is it too late to switch gynae now? sigh, having second thoughts now. really bad.
    I just found out also that the gynae was previously involved in some court case. anybody knows about that?
    Hi Jean..so do you still stick with her till your delivery..? I had my check-up on Sat my baby @ 34 weeks & he's only weighing between 1.9kg to 2kg..she commented that it's norm as @ this stage baby will tend to decrease weight just like stock mkt initially will go up up up & @ a point will go dwn..my EDD is June 13 & she said that if by end May baby still dont wanna cum out then she gotta do sumtink about it coz she doesnt want baby to go on decreasing weight..And @ another point, she assured me that my baby is growing well & fine..seems so ironic..haizz...
    Izit too late to change to another gynae @ this stage?? I reali dont feel good upon hearing her commenting diff tinks @ the same time...coz she claimed that there's one of her patients recently @ 37th week had a little bit bleeding & was then induced (as her baby was kinda sick together with the placenta)..she gave birth to 2.1kg baby which is pretty small as Dr Cheng...I'm reali at the wits ends now...i wanna go thru norm delivery & by end May my baby will be 38th week...

  12. #12
    Worthy Lady
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    North
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Dr. Theresa Cheng at Theresa Women's Clinic Ang mo kio

    Quote Originally Posted by jean503 View Post
    I thought the assistants are quite ok. but the gynae herself really has some attitude.
    She recommended me to go for caesarean this sat quoting reason that my baby's bladder is obstructed. my baby is only gonna be 36 week old this weekend. is it too late to switch gynae now? sigh, having second thoughts now. really bad.
    I just found out also that the gynae was previously involved in some court case. anybody knows about that?

    hmmm... i begged to differ. when i discovered i was pregnant and called the clinic for a scan test, the assistant (a "Pamela") was terribly impolite. bcos of this, i swear never to step into this clinic in my life. after reading this forum page, i know that there is really a problem with this clinic (and not myself) .. phew.

    anyway, if you do a search online, using the full name of the gynae, you will see searches of a court case before, between the gynae and Singapore's well known investor, Oei Hong Leong.

  13. #13
    Female Attendant
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Dr. Theresa Cheng at Theresa Women's Clinic Ang mo kio

    I was seeing Dr Theresa Cheng for my pregnancy as I was staying nearby. Being my 1st pregnancy, I had lots of anxiety n queries. Each time I visited Dr Cheng n asked her questions, her answer would always be " Ask my nurses outside!''. Many a time it were the regular nurses who reassured n eased my anxiety, giving me encouragement with their smiling faces n sound advice. Till the last trimester, Dr Cheng kept telling me my baby would be big n would need a caesarian. I was very distressed as I very much wanted to try for a normal delivery. Therefore my husband brought me for a 2nd opinion. The other doctor was sayng my baby was of normal size n should try for natural birth. I finally decided to change gynae.
    I had a normal delivery n my baby's birth weight was only 2970g. I was glad that I have changed doctor. Now my baby is 8 mths old n when I pass by the clinic, I would still bring my baby in n say hello n thank you to the nurses ( not Dr Theresa Cheng! ). When I was feeling down n almost went into blues, it was the nurses whom gave me so much TLC....THANK YOU SO MUCH

  14. #14
    Worthy Lady
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    West side of SG
    Posts
    202
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Dr. Theresa Cheng at Theresa Women's Clinic Ang mo kio

    Quote Originally Posted by amber light View Post
    I was seeing Dr Theresa Cheng for my pregnancy as I was staying nearby. Being my 1st pregnancy, I had lots of anxiety n queries. Each time I visited Dr Cheng n asked her questions, her answer would always be " Ask my nurses outside!''. Many a time it were the regular nurses who reassured n eased my anxiety, giving me encouragement with their smiling faces n sound advice. Till the last trimester, Dr Cheng kept telling me my baby would be big n would need a caesarian. I was very distressed as I very much wanted to try for a normal delivery. Therefore my husband brought me for a 2nd opinion. The other doctor was sayng my baby was of normal size n should try for natural birth. I finally decided to change gynae.
    I had a normal delivery n my baby's birth weight was only 2970g. I was glad that I have changed doctor. Now my baby is 8 mths old n when I pass by the clinic, I would still bring my baby in n say hello n thank you to the nurses ( not Dr Theresa Cheng! ). When I was feeling down n almost went into blues, it was the nurses whom gave me so much TLC....THANK YOU SO MUCH
    Hey dear...you were @ how many wks preggie when you decided to change gynae? I'm now currently going to 36wks & my next appt with HER is on 18th May..she told me that she's expecting baby to come out on 21st or 22nd & if by 27th not out, i'd have to be induced & by aftrnn still not out wud have to go thru CAESERAN!!Rsn being that my continuos cramps & contractions recently arent GOOD for baby's growth..my baby is now weighing between 2.5-2.6KG...I wanna go thru NATURAL BIRTH.....
    Later on the 18th, I'd ask for her next alternative apart from being induced on 27th May. If she still insist on it,I reali wanna change GYNAE!! Pls advise...

  15. #15
    Pure Consort apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    northeast
    Posts
    10,451
    Rep Power
    21

    Re: Dr. Theresa Cheng at Theresa Women's Clinic Ang mo kio

    Quote Originally Posted by Basha View Post
    Hey dear...you were @ how many wks preggie when you decided to change gynae? I'm now currently going to 36wks & my next appt with HER is on 18th May..she told me that she's expecting baby to come out on 21st or 22nd & if by 27th not out, i'd have to be induced & by aftrnn still not out wud have to go thru CAESERAN!!Rsn being that my continuos cramps & contractions recently arent GOOD for baby's growth..my baby is now weighing between 2.5-2.6KG...I wanna go thru NATURAL BIRTH.....
    Later on the 18th, I'd ask for her next alternative apart from being induced on 27th May. If she still insist on it,I reali wanna change GYNAE!! Pls advise...
    eh... sry to kaypo huh... but since she alrdy "expect" that your baby will come out on that few dates, then what for asking you to induce??? i thought induce baby normally is until your edd pass and still no contraction or baby going to be too big if wait until edd??

    she was the gynae who helped my mum to delivered me... my mum kinda "reccommended" her and Dr Kee (e 1 who delivered my bro) to me but lucky that time we dont know where she's now located if not i think i'll be seeing her...

    if you wanna change a gynae, go ahead! at least seek for an 2nd opinion... ask another gynae if you should be induce, if you should really go for c-sect... there's not much time left, so if you wanna seek for and 2nd option, better do it asap..

  16. #16
    Worthy Lady
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    West side of SG
    Posts
    202
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Dr. Theresa Cheng at Theresa Women's Clinic Ang mo kio

    Quote Originally Posted by reginakoh View Post
    eh... sry to kaypo huh... but since she alrdy "expect" that your baby will come out on that few dates, then what for asking you to induce??? i thought induce baby normally is until your edd pass and still no contraction or baby going to be too big if wait until edd??

    she was the gynae who helped my mum to delivered me... my mum kinda "reccommended" her and Dr Kee (e 1 who delivered my bro) to me but lucky that time we dont know where she's now located if not i think i'll be seeing her...

    if you wanna change a gynae, go ahead! at least seek for an 2nd opinion... ask another gynae if you should be induce, if you should really go for c-sect... there's not much time left, so if you wanna seek for and 2nd option, better do it asap..
    She was expecting my baby to come out 21st or 22nd May around that week BUT she said that if by 27th (baby is @37wks+) still not out,Ive to be admitted & induced @ 6am & if by aftnn still not out yet,then C-sect!! As far as i know, those get induced if baby is pass EDD or too big if wait till EDD,but for me is coz my constant CRAMPS & CONTRACTIONS ARENT good FOR BABY's GROWTH!!! I'm gonna c her on this 18th & will voice out again that i dont wanna get induced but if she still insist,I'd change GYNAE on the spot!! Any gynae to recommend @ this last stage last min??? I'm @ my wits ends now.....

  17. #17
    Pure Consort apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    northeast
    Posts
    10,451
    Rep Power
    21

    Re: Dr. Theresa Cheng at Theresa Women's Clinic Ang mo kio

    Quote Originally Posted by Basha View Post
    She was expecting my baby to come out 21st or 22nd May around that week BUT she said that if by 27th (baby is @37wks+) still not out,Ive to be admitted & induced @ 6am & if by aftnn still not out yet,then C-sect!! As far as i know, those get induced if baby is pass EDD or too big if wait till EDD,but for me is coz my constant CRAMPS & CONTRACTIONS ARENT good FOR BABY's GROWTH!!! I'm gonna c her on this 18th & will voice out again that i dont wanna get induced but if she still insist,I'd change GYNAE on the spot!! Any gynae to recommend @ this last stage last min??? I'm @ my wits ends now.....
    my gynae is very encouraging on natural birth... if you want her details, can PM me.. but during our EDD which is 13june, i dont know if she'll be in SG anot.. or you can search for other alternatives on the other threads???

  18. #18
    Female Attendant
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    yishun
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Dr. Theresa Cheng at Theresa Women's Clinic Ang mo kio

    When I 1st stepped into the clinic, I was attended by the 2 pleasant & friendly assistants. But when I stepped into Dr Cheng room, her 1st impression to me was messy and very serious. Since I was only 7 weeks pregnant, I still can buy time to look around for a gynae. During my 2nd visit on 20/4/09 pm, there was a pregnant lady whom just came out from the washroom suddenly fainted near to the patient's waiting area. The 2 assistants immediately notified Dr Cheng. I heard them mentioned low B/P, low pulse rate. Very quickly, the patient was put on drip with several injections given. Soon, the patient regained conscious & was fine. The clinic was very crowded than. For what I & my husband witness, we knew that Dr Cheng will be my gynae. At least in case of this situation were to happen to me (touch wood!), we knew that she could handle it calmly & steadily.

  19. #19
    Female Attendant JessYen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Dr. Theresa Cheng at Theresa Women's Clinic Ang mo kio

    Hi Ladies

    I 1st visit Dr Cheng in 1999 during my 1st son but dont feel good with her consultation and went to seek a 2nd opinion... Eventually went to Kandang Kerbau Hospital cos that time do not know much about pvt gynae... Now I m currently seeing a gynae @ Chong Pang since 2000 and I find him very friendly and assuring, even my younger sis and most of my friends are seeing him too....

  20. #20
    Female Attendant
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Serangoon
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Dr. Theresa Cheng at Theresa Women's Clinic Ang mo kio

    I had c-section done by Dr Cheng. My friends also had c-section done, but by other doctors. In comparison, all said my caesarean scar is the most beautiful one. SO HAPPY!!! Guess her hands are good.

  21. #21
    Female Attendant
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Bishan
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Dr. Theresa Cheng at Theresa Women's Clinic Ang mo kio

    Hi friends,

    My cesarean scar by Dr Cheng also recovered very beautifully & fast. Seen my friend's scar - looks like a caterpillar! (Not by Dr Cheng) Only thing about Dr Cheng is her being temperamental. When she's in a good mood, you can discuss anything under the sun with her. And when she's in her bad mood, better 'chop chop' & cut short. Luckily her 2 staffs (Jamie & Pamela) are very nice & helpful. If Dr Cheng is in the foul mood, usually will get advise from them. Otherwise, will seek their help to ask Dr on my behalf. On the whole, I also think that her skill is good.

  22. #22
    Female Attendant
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    toa payoh
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Dr. Theresa Cheng at Theresa Women's Clinic Ang mo kio

    Quote Originally Posted by Jill jacob View Post
    Hi friends,

    My cesarean scar by Dr Cheng also recovered very beautifully & fast. Seen my friend's scar - looks like a caterpillar! (Not by Dr Cheng) Only thing about Dr Cheng is her being temperamental. When she's in a good mood, you can discuss anything under the sun with her. And when she's in her bad mood, better 'chop chop' & cut short. Luckily her 2 staffs (Jamie & Pamela) are very nice & helpful. If Dr Cheng is in the foul mood, usually will get advise from them. Otherwise, will seek their help to ask Dr on my behalf. On the whole, I also think that her skill is good.

    Hi ladies, you better listen to Jill man!!! I'm currently 20 weeks' pregnant, have brand new to Dr Cheng for couple of visits alrdy!!! before that, o man!!! Was at another gynae!! Can tell you, that one really pissed me offffffffffffff....... Plus the assistants there, they ain't there to please us patients, more likely to show off their superiority!! Decided to change gynae, was referred to Dr Cheng by a reeeaaaalllllllllllll good friend of mine, BFF if you must ask me!!!! have never looked back eversince. Dr Cheng was super, yes, she had her moments, but hey, who hasn't? When she's in a fantastic mood, wh lucky for me, maybe my lucky stars with me? She can be so patient, wld tell me more than I need to know. Maybe you guys or ladies have not brand new too clear with your questions? On top of that, her 2 nurses, Pamela and Jamie, had always brand new super super nice to me.... I'll definitely recommend Dr Cheng and her nurses to anyone any day!!!

  23. #23
    Female Attendant
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    northeast
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Dr. Theresa Cheng at Theresa Women's Clinic Ang mo kio

    Hihi... yes i agreed who doesnt have their moments!!! But Dr Cheng is really ok she always joke with me & my hubby and always teases him too... she'll give lots of advices & cases to us about mummy & baby. Maybe you can say she's abit too kia su but she's a responsible gynae, after all it's for our own good, rite? I heard comments about she likes to give jabs during my 1st pregnancy, becos that x i always need to get jabs for every visits due to pregnancy complications and even almost had a miscarriage, stayed in for 5 days! Believed me i get 2 jabs most of the times during my every visits till my due date, she's knws i am fearful of it and will talk to me try to distract my attn. I also had my c-section @ 36wks due to my baby is not growing well. Sometimes I'll think like what others said Dr Cheng likes to give jabs to her patients! But until I had my 2nd pregnancy a your later, my baby girl does not give me all these trouble & worry. I dont need to have jabs, i only visit Dr Cheng about once a month and girl came in due. So when we get jabs is only when necessary. Heard before that baby boy is weaker maybe that's the answer to my 1st pregnancy. Also the 2 assistants, Jamie & Pamela they are really really nice and soft to me, they are always polite, we'll joke also. Really missed them!!! Recently I called up to make appt for my best friend, Pamela still can remember me. Still can remember during my 1st pregnancy, at cny's eve i cried in the clinic due to worry & not mentally prepared that my baby maybe have to come out on that very day, which was supposed and actually 5days later only. Jamie kept comforting me not to worry things like that. She was even so SWEET to called me up on the 3rd day of cny to check out how was I saying saw me so worried that makes her worried too... so sweet of her...

  24. #24
    ddd
    ddd is offline
    Female Attendant
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Dr. Theresa Cheng at Theresa Women's Clinic Ang mo kio

    Quote Originally Posted by Joanne Chua View Post
    Hihi... yes i agreed who doesnt have their moments!!! But Dr Cheng is really ok she always joke with me & my hubby and always teases him too... she'll give lots of advices & cases to us about mummy & baby. Maybe you can say she's abit too kia su but she's a responsible gynae, after all it's for our own good, rite? I heard comments about she likes to give jabs during my 1st pregnancy, becos that x i always need to get jabs for every visits due to pregnancy complications and even almost had a miscarriage, stayed in for 5 days! Believed me i get 2 jabs most of the times during my every visits till my due date, she's knws i am fearful of it and will talk to me try to distract my attn. I also had my c-section @ 36wks due to my baby is not growing well. Sometimes I'll think like what others said Dr Cheng likes to give jabs to her patients! But until I had my 2nd pregnancy a your later, my baby girl does not give me all these trouble & worry. I dont need to have jabs, i only visit Dr Cheng about once a month and girl came in due. So when we get jabs is only when necessary. Heard before that baby boy is weaker maybe that's the answer to my 1st pregnancy. Also the 2 assistants, Jamie & Pamela they are really really nice and soft to me, they are always polite, we'll joke also. Really missed them!!! Recently I called up to make appt for my best friend, Pamela still can remember me. Still can remember during my 1st pregnancy, at cny's eve i cried in the clinic due to worry & not mentally prepared that my baby maybe have to come out on that very day, which was supposed and actually 5days later only. Jamie kept comforting me not to worry things like that. She was even so SWEET to called me up on the 3rd day of cny to check out how was I saying saw me so worried that makes her worried too... so sweet of her...
    当你们听到我的故事你们才知道。

    我表姐怀孕3此都在他的手上出状况。第3次还被迫做人工流产。我太太怀孕两个月的时候去那里。她给我太太打 安胎针。一共300多元。没有给mc。两天后基于表姐的介绍,我们到另外一个妇产科。赫然发现胚胎没有粘好 差点掉了。医生开两周的产假并且要我太太3日后回去复诊。如有必要要她留院。

  25. #25
    Worthy Consort
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,772
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: Dr. Theresa Cheng at Theresa Women's Clinic Ang mo kio

    *Just a quick thought, dont flame me*

    noticed that those nicks coming in to praise Dr Cheng are not regulars in the forum? Their post here is their only posts in the forum? dont't you gals find it suspicious when you read it?And their typing style/language is very similar?

    *It's just a quick thought, i may be wrong *

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Dr Henry Cheng @Women's Specialist Centre Bishan
    By soymilk80 in forum Singapore Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 29-04-2013, 12:18 PM
  2. KK Women's clinic at Ang Mo Kio (satellite clinic)
    By fallingintoyou in forum General Pregnancy Discussion
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 24-04-2012, 12:21 PM
  3. Dr Timothy Lim @ AMK KK Women's Clinic
    By Janellebb in forum Singapore Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23-03-2012, 02:04 PM
  4. Anyone taken Theresa Organic Raspberry Juice
    By MsKoh1973 in forum Slimming, Health and Body
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-04-2009, 01:31 PM
  5. Anyone taken Theresa Organic Raspberry Juice
    By MsKoh1973 in forum Trying To Conceive
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-04-2009, 04:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Connect With Us

facebook twitter rss

MummySG Facebook Group

Loading...
All times are GMT +8. The time now is 01:56 AM.