Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

How to Choose Gynae?

This is a discussion on How to Choose Gynae? within the Singapore Obstetricians and Gynaecologists forum, part of the Pregnancy Forum category; Hi mummies, I'm first time preggers @ 6 wks now.. may I find out from you experienced mummies, what are ...

Female Attendant
    How to Choose Gynae?

Hi mummies,

I'm first time preggers @ 6 wks now.. may I find out from you experienced mummies, what are the factors I should consider when choosing a gynae? And how do I go about selecting them? (like, do I visit one and then the other??) I'm really quite ignorant in this area.

Also, when should I decide for sure which gynae to go for? (e.g. must it be before a certain no. of wks).

Advice on whether Thomson or Mt Alvernia is better is also welcome.

Thank you so much!

Re: How to Choose Gynae?

Congrats on your pregnancy! for me, i went to the gynae reco by my hub's aunt cos during that time, i was like you, dont know how to 'choose' a gynae in pte hospital. I went to the gynae and was glad that she is a good one. I determine a doctor good anot by how sensitive, patient and honest she is. when she was doing vagina scan for me, i only moved a lil and she apologised to me cos she knew that i felt painful, she ans all my qns (even those very funny n silly ones) and she dont recommend me unnecessary supplements and that was y i stick to her, even after delivery i still go back to her for my yearly pap smear.

Most gynaes in pte hospitals have package. some starts at 12th week while some 20th week. I suggest you to shortlist a few and call them up to ask about the price of package and what is included. my gynae cgared $700 for package from 12th week onwards includes: consultation until delivery, ultrasound scan n pic, urine test strip for every visit. her clinic is at Thomson Medical Center, i dont know if she goes to Mt A for delivery but you can ask. You can pm me if you want her contact =)

Imperial Concubine

congrats... for me this gynae is introduce by my hubby relative... and i have been follow her since my 1st pregnancy... now was my 3rd pregnant... i find that she is friendly and take well care of me... last time she was station at Kandang Kerbau Hospital but now she have her own clinic at Thomson Medical Center... and her nurse there is very friendly too... haha i alway call them to ask question.. haha funny funny question too.. but they dont't mind... although my sis did not go there on her pregnancy... but they also help to answer some of my sis question...

Worthy Lady

Read about the gynaes in the forum and see which suits you better. Just make sure you are comfortable with your gynae!