Our Mobile App: iPhone · Android

• You are trying to conceive?
  • You have pregnancy questions?
  • How do you know whether your baby's teething or has a cold?
  • You have Family, home & financial issues?

...Then you have come to the right place!
we will try to help you with your problem.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CanCanMum

Please give me some comments on these Gynaes.

This is a discussion on Please give me some comments on these Gynaes. within the Singapore Obstetricians and Gynaecologists forum, part of the Pregnancy Forum category; Pham Wai Lam Wee HongYan Anthony crazy Han How Chuan John Tee Got these names, from Kandang Kerbau Hospital Lactation Consultant. So, ...

Female Attendant

Please give me some comments on these Gynaes.

Pham Wai Lam
    Wee HongYan
    Anthony crazy
    Han How Chuan
    John Tee
    Got these names, from Kandang Kerbau Hospital Lactation Consultant.
    So, anyone...any good or bad experience with these doctors.
    I need some help, before i make my decision.
    & actually, i need to know quite (as soon as possible...)
    cos you see, based on what the lactation consultant said, i need a go ahead from the doctor ASAP if i can continue to breastfeed my 7mth old daughter as im preggy again...& im feel tearing and pullinf sensation on my C-Sect scar....
    So, thats y, i need to consult a doctor 1st, due to my 2 preggy, there's some complications during labour....you may check it on my other thread....
    http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f37/do...97/index2.html
    anywaes, thank you soo much for taking your time in giving me some comments regarding these doctors.
    Thanks!

BMSG Moderator

Re: Please give me some comments on these Gynaes.

John Tee.. heard many good things about him but he's super bizi so if you dont't have questions for him, the appt is usually very chop chop.

which LC did you check with? just curious.

as for the tearing/pulling sensation from your c-section scar, I'd imagine its quite normal as you're making it expand as the baby grows. Scar tissue isn't as flexible as regular skin so you'll definitely feel the stretch. Trying lotioning it more often.

with regards to bfg while preggy. Frankly speaking, as long as you're allowed to make love, you can breastfeed. That's the general rule of thumb. So you dont't really need to see a gynae with that issue. And to be honest, most uninformed gynaes would ask you to wean (because of kiasu/kiasi reasons). again, I've bfd through two pregnancies and babies and me were fine.

The first gynae I told encouraged me to stop. I didn't. The 2nd gynae just smiled and said "that's good".

g'luck!
    mum to Khai (Nov 01), Shiyr (Jan 04) & Khen (Jun 05)
    Our family
    Frond's Fun with colors

John Tee too.. lyk what Cancanmum n I have said bout him at the other post .. (now i think he's obsessed with ppl's mum~~ lol!! Surprisingly he never mistaken my mother in law as my mum.. hahaha!!)
    he's happy to ans all your questions.. If after you got out of his room, but suddenly rmb you need to ask him something, you can always turn aro n go back ask him ..
    the only silly prob he have is he is those long term memory kind.. he very fast forget things .. esp if you go back 2 patients after.. lol~~~

Worthy Lady

is the 1st name is Tham Wai Lam?

Worthy Lady

My gynae is A/pro Han How Chuan. He is very responsible and caring gyne. I was consider a high risk patient due to incompetence cervix. When i was pregnant with my no.2, i was still breastfeeding and he ask me when i wanted to stop as i am not suitable to breastfeed due to my condition. My cervix is weak and might dilate anytime and a cerclage is needed to be done at my 12wks gestation to prolong my pregnancy. He took very care of me and will reply me quite promtly by email when i have problem with my pregnancy. He will also call me back after his clinic ended when i page him for any emergency.
    Last edited by chloegal; 15-07-2009 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by naddyrah View Post
    Pham Wai Lam
    Wee HongYan
    Anthony crazy
    Han How Chuan
    John Tee
    cos you see, based on what the lactation consultant said, i need a go ahead from the doctor ASAP if i can continue to breastfeed my 7mth old daughter as im preggy again...& im feel tearing and pullinf sensation on my C-Sect scar....
    So, thats why, i need to consult a doctor 1st, due to my 2 preggy, there's some complications during labour....you may check it on my other thread....
    anywaes, thank you soo much for taking your time in giving me some comments regarding these doctors.
    Thanks!
    JOhn Tee Chee Seng is patient, experienced, gentle, assuring and SUPER DUPER FATHERLY~~~

He will not rush you in any appointment, and even if you ask silly questions he will still answer you

Only bad thing is waiting hours are long and if he has last minute urgent deliveries you will need to wait for him coz he will be called for those complicated cases where he needs to help out coz of his position.
    etep9114 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BbpHir3 View Post
    John Tee too.. lyk what Cancanmum and I have said bout him at the other post .. (now i think he's obsessed with ppl's mum~~ lol!! Surprisingly he never mistaken my mother in law as my mum.. hahaha!!)
    he's happy to ans all your questions.. If after you got out of his room, but suddenly rmb you need to ask him something, you can always turn aro and go back ask him ..
    the only silly prob he have is he is those long term memory kind.. he very fast forget things .. esp if you go back 2 patients after.. lol~~~
    waakkakakakak~~~yeah yeah

but i must say he is quite a nice guy laaaa

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by mrswendykhoo View Post
    is the 1st name is Tham Wai Lam?
    yes, i think it should be Tham Wai Lum, Benjamin. look out for his thread in the forum, quite a popular figure, with good feedback.

i'm seeing him btw ... and am satisfied so far

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by chewnlow View Post
    yes, i think it should be Tham Wai Lum, Benjamin. look out for his thread in the forum, quite a popular figure, with good feedback.

i'm seeing him btw ... and am satisfied so far
    im seeing him too. he ever ready to answer questions.

Quote Originally Posted by chloegal View Post
    My gynae is A/pro Han How Chuan. He is very responsible and caring gyne. I was consider a high risk patient due to incompetence cervix. When i was pregnant with my no.2, i was still breastfeeding and he ask me when i wanted to stop as i am not suitable to breastfeed due to my condition. My cervix is weak and might dilate anytime and a cerclage is needed to be done at my 12wks gestation to prolong my pregnancy. He took very care of me and will reply me quite promtly by email when i have problem with my pregnancy. He will also call me back after his clinic ended when i page him for any emergency.
    A/Pro Han How Chuan too..
    I delivered my baby in this year April. During the delivery process his is very very cool n calm.Somemore i'm really glad that i''ve found such a positive and encouraging doctor.

Worthy Lady

My gynae is Dr. Benjamin Tham. Both my husband and I like him

Imperial Concubine

What does lactation gynae do?
    Last edited by Triquetra; 21-07-2009 at 06:12 PM.

Imperial Concubine

John Tee is very good, you can consider him.

Female Attendant

hi,

may i ask what is wrong with Dr Janice Chin from the 1st post? She is doing an op for me next week to remove an ovarian cyst =/

Worthy Lady

I am with Benjamine tham. good good

Female Attendant

Hi, does anyone has Dr Khoo Chong Kiat (Kandang Kerbau Hospital) as gynae before? How is his services and skills at delivery?

Appreciate any comments.

Thank you very much.

Female Attendant

Quote Originally Posted by crystalpheonix View Post
    hi,

may i ask what is wrong with Dr Janice Chin from the 1st post? She is doing an op for me next week to remove an ovarian cyst =/
    hi crystalpheonix,

I have the same sentiment as nadyrahh about janice.
    she dont't smile, is unfriendly and cold..which are not qualities you look for in a gynae. I never felt comfortable with her but since she's with you for a different reason, I guess it does not matter how she is.

I am thinking of changing my gynae now...

Worthy Lady

Quote Originally Posted by naddyrah View Post
    Pham Wai Lam
    Wee HongYan
    Anthony crazy
    Han How Chuan
    John Tee
    So, thats y, i need to consult a doctor 1st, due to my 2 preggy, there's some complications during labour....you may check it on my other thread....
    Thanks!
    my doc was Dr Jasmine Mohd for both. Would strongly recommend her cos she was understanding of the concerns we had esp with the second pregnancy when baby wasn't growing very well in 3rd tri. she arranged to see us every other day and then subsequently every day (cos i didn't want to be warded) and even stayed late at the evening clinics just to wait for my CTG reports. we called her just before we left for the hospital and she was there within minutes of me in the triage at delivery suite.

re breastfeeding during pregnancy, she was supportive of it but was monitoring my weight gain (or rather, lack of it) closely and also baby's growth. she never once suggested i should give it up since baby was growing well in the first 2 trimesters

just wondering how that lactation consultant decided on that list of docs.. hmmm...

Hi CrystalPheonix,
    I had a bad experience when Dr Janice Chin attended to me. I was about 4-5 weeks pregnant and spotting. I went down to Kandang Kerbau Hospital emergency and she just said it's normal at that stage. What's worst is she said there is no need for MC and I can still work. I insisted MC, and true enough the next week, I totally collapsed and had to see an appointed gynae at TPS and given hormone pills and jab to stabalised my condition!
    I did complain about her to my then appointed gynae but my gynae said she is a nice person?!?!?! (Maybe she is only nice to her senior docs) I cannot comment but my experince with her is totally off.

Hi mummies who are with Kandang Kerbau Hospital,
    Can you recommend me a doctor who is good at c-sect?
    Good with stitches, clear out as much locha so that I won't be bleeding as much after..., really takes good care of patients.